Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Movie, only free to watch thru today, watch it! page

activia is offline Senior Member

Fresh Movie, only free to watch thru today, watch it!

Primal Fuel
    FRESH the movie*|* Watch FRESH Streaming – 1 week only!

Seriously, the reason why I'd never support industrialized food again.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    That you for the link. It was educational and inspiring. Watching the chicks tossed out of their crates on to the ground was very poignant for me, as was all the other horrible treatment of the animals. I loved seeing the different ways the farmers sustainably managed their farms. Now I really want to have my own property to raise/grow my own food!

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Just watched it. Thanks to this community, I already knew half of it.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Just watched it. Thanks to this community, I already knew half of it.
    I knew a lot of it, but I learned a lot too. I"m trying to get better at running my own small organic garden and raise some backyard chickens so it was very cool to see it in action at a larger scale.

There were 3 big things that I took away from that:
    1) The conventional farmers and their dog looked very sick and unhappy (much like the animals they raised)
    2) The conventional farmer that almost died from a new form of bacteria strain caused from the feedlots
    3) The inspiration farmers that really showed how the new age of farming should be, especially that guy helping out in the local town growing vegetables and teaching people about nutrition and how to grow organically and WHY!

Made me want to show it to everyone here at work, people either dont really know about it (sometimes you really have to see and I think people are afraid) I really believe most people in the US could afford to eat that food. If they stopped going out to eat all the time and buying all the junk food and if they just put a higher priority on food!!!
    Primal since March 2011

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    I shared it on facebook and I am going to leave the url with a note for my friend who grows my free range chickens and eggs. I am talking to his brother about raising pastured chickens and hogs.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    I shared it on facebook and I am going to leave the url with a note for my friend who grows my free range chickens and eggs. I am talking to his brother about raising pastured chickens and hogs.
    +1

To everyone: find your local farm here!
    Local Harvest / Farmers Markets / Family Farms / CSA / Organic Food
    Primal since March 2011

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Great movie

We need to stand together, the Paleo community, the fresh movements, the local farms, the backyard farmers (chickens/vegetables)

This needs to get into the movies, we really need people to SEE and TALK about this, EVERYONE ....

We need more education on how to do organic farming, I'd like to see more organic farms teaching people how to have their own backyard farms. We need to work together. Everyone needs to do their part.

I'm thinking about starting a fresh movement in my office. I just need to find the best tact.
    Primal since March 2011

Someone should tell Mark to do a post about this. Maybe talk about the fresh site about having another free viewing in honor of the post, also if we could get all the other paleo bloggers to do the same on the same day. We need to raise awareness!!
    Primal since March 2011

Fiji is offline Senior Member
    Activia, thanks so much for providing the link to this movie- this is so important. I really want to learn more about what and how I can support the growing organic movement against the encroachment of the food cartels. I don't even know how I would find and vet organizations in my community to get involved and help. I generally have a distrust for these huge charitable organizations because I find them to be a bureaucratic mess and most of the money you donate doesn't go to actually support the cause. But I could really back someone like the guy who teaches local people how to farm and grow organic as well as the lady who forms cooperatives to support local farming.

The message that really stayed with me from the movie: there is no such thing as cheap food - there will always be a price to be paid somewhere, whether through you tax dollars through subsidies, the environmental impact, the lack of nutritional content in the food or your health.
    Last edited by Fiji; 02-02-2012 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Added sentence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast