Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Mommymd's LCHF journal page 8

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Just wanted to pop in. I see you had butter help your headache/carb hangover. I've been feeling 10x better putting butter in my coffee rather than cream, and it's like a new day every morning.

I haven't read your whole log but could you talk a little about how your eating habits and new perspectives has been received with your colleagues? Have you been getting patients to change their ways?

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Have self imposed an MDA limit. I was spending way to much time reading posts, so for the past 2 months have just been checking in on Fridays for the success story.

Continue to plateau, almost 1 year at this weight but in that time have definitely improved in body composition based on clothes fit. Eating ketogenic levels of carbs most days, cream in coffee/choffy cheese. Lots of nuts.

Working out twice a week. Need to improve on the move slowly thing and restart sprinting. With the changing weather both those things should get better.

Kcarol I don't really advise patients on their diet in the acute setting of the operating room, aside from forcing them to do a fast

1doctor colleague and several nurses have adopted a version of no grains.
    --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Great to hear from you and about your ongoing success. Winter is a slowdown time for me, too, but in January, I started back at the Y, a lovely new facility now with an indoor running track that is a far sight better than trying to run in snow or wind.

Eagerly awaiting spring for it's gardening abilities.

On call tonight, I found time to read some forums and put up a post.

Weight is stable, body is getting more toned. Skin looks great, fewer fine lines...BUT: Still suck at getting a real pushup done. When working out I need assists to do real pushups. On my own I go down to my knees and can do passable arms-against-the-side push ups that way.

Food and activities:

Tea with 2% milk-(usually I have a choffy with HWC or instant espresso with HWC and a dash of vanilla)
    pancetta, sweet potato hash, scrambled egg (small amounts off the boys unfinished breakfast plates)

dark chocolate snack

roast beef, avocado/olive oil/garlic emulsion, cucumber, red pepper, liverwurst, hard boiled egg

2 hr nap pre-call

coffee with HWC

2 hardboiled eggs, liverwurst, dark chocolate

green tea

I will fast tomorrow until dinner, which has become my habit post call. That will be a 24 hr fast, drinking only tea/coffee. Ketones should be pretty high by then.

Tomorrow I see my family doctor. I know she is going to give me grief about the diet. I have the Dietary Fats review that was featured in the weekend link love printed out to hand to her.
    --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Today is my 3 year anniversary of adopting LCHF. I cant imagine life any other way. The whole family is on the same eating plan with some more sweet potatoes and treats for the kids. Since last I've posted, I've adopted a high intensity resistance training regimen, and can leg press 580lbs on the MedX machine. I haven't weighed myself in over a year, I just go by clothing, and if I seem to be putting on belly fat I restrict my eating to only meal times and that seems to take care of it. I love the simplicity of protein and vegetables.

I am really pleased with the world wide movement to bring low carb no grains no sugar (and defacto high fat) that seems to be gaining momentum. The South African medical conference next Feb is very exciting, though I don't know what the future holds with Ebola, so no plans to go here.

If anyone reading this is starting their journey, I wish you all the best. It's site made the transition easy. The evolutionary approach really worked for me. The successes came quickly and have stayed around. None of it feels like sacrifice anymore.
    --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just started LCHF this month! I'm so glad you posted here! Excuse me while I binge read.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678