Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mommymd's LCHF journal page 4

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks, Anjelevil

mommymd

It's been a few days. At night I've been going to sleep early, as my middle of the night insomnia has resurfaced. It's usually better if I take Magnesium at night, but then the next day I get the GI side effects of the Magnesium.

My exercise has been consistent. Had to move yoga to Friday, so no sprinting today. I think I will sprint tomorrow, see if the kids want to join me. Wednesday was hot here, and when I worked out I had a lot of presyncope (feeling like I was going to pass out) I bought some organic boullion and will start to have that in the mornings of my work out.

Tuesday went out to dinner with the women from work. We went to a high end restaurant. Had foie gras with almonds and dried cherries-that was delicious! I know those geese don't have very good lives, but their livers are yummy. My main was duck breast and extra veg instead of a potato rosti. I wasn't actually stuffed, but they didn't have a cheese course, so I stopped eating. No bread, 1 glass of wine and I was buzzed. My paleo friend was there, and of course the other 9 women had no end of questions for us, and the usual statement "I could never give up bread"

Today had a 3 egg scramble with breakfast sausage and proscuitto and onions, and black berries for breakie. BAS for lunch with summer sausage, cheddar cheese and avocado with avocado oil and basalmic. 2 pieces dark chocolate. Water and tea to drink. Tonight is dinner at the inlaws. Chicken on the menu.

I ordered a sampler pack from Brookers Meat Company that is being delivered tomorrow. They deliver to the GTA. It includes grass fed beef, pastured pork and pastured chicken, plus beef liver. Going to have to find a recipe for the beef liver. I don't actually remember liking it in the past....

Post call today, and I spent the day sewing. I'm trying to alter a shorts pattern to fit in the rise. I think I will end up having to buy another pattern, as each alteration in one direction changes another measurement. I'm not that advanced yet.

Read to my son's grade 2 french immersion class today. There are 2 notoriously poorly behaved kids who take up most of the teacher's time. When my son has talked about them before, he relates their behaviour to their food-they get jello, cookies and rice crispy treats daily. I've met their parents, and they didn't strike me as being that dumb!

mommymd

Last night's dinner was tomato and cabbage soup, grilled rainbow trout and caesar salad. Had 2 sips of wine, declined dessert and bread.

Today I started with boullion, then had greek yogurt, coconut, macadamia nut, strawberries and cinnamon for breakfast. I fried 2 pieces of peameal bacon for a snack after my sprints. Lunch was slow cooker egg/goatcheese/tomato/chives from our garden crustless quiche and a big salad. 1 piece of chocolate. 7 oysters with lemon and horseradish for appetizers, and am just about to have dinner of peameal bacon, avocado and tomatoes.

My grass fed beef arrived today. A 9 lb brisket!!!! That will go on the BBQ, because it won't fit in any of my oven dishes!

Sprinted with the boys, though they lost interest fairly quickly. Some jerk let their dog off its leash, and said dog knocked down my youngest. "She just wants to play", yah, your dog weighs over 100 lbs, you think my 37 lb son is a good playmate for her?????

mommymd

Sunday breakfast, peameal bacon and eggs with fried tomatoes. Lunch big salad with tuna salad mixed in-conventional Miracle Whip salad dressing. Dinner was Thai-beef salad, curried duck, and fried eggplant. 2 pieces dark chocolate, 4 strawberries at some point. Workout was barbel yoga with my trainer-a recovery workout according to her. Still worked up a sweat.

Today started with boullion with a small amount of coconut oil, then rode the bike for 35 mins, fat burning speed. Ate 1st meal at 11 am, left over quiche (v. small amount, estimate less than 1 egg), 2 pieces peameal bacon, fried tomatoes. Lunch was 4 pm, spinach salad with chicken breast (skinless), feta cheese, and olive oil and basalmic dressing. 2 pepperoni sticks for snack, dinner at 6-wasn't hungry of course, had 1 bite of bison sausage (dry and gamey-reminiscent of tea) and 4 brussel sprouts cooked with smoked pork cheek, butter and lemon. Took the kids to swimming, then came home and had another bite of sausage with more boullion. Sort of compressed all my eating into 7 hrs.

I've been reading the Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living. Most of it I've gleaned from the multitudes of blogs and videos I've looked at, but there is some additional info there. Not quite as referenced as I hoped it would be.

I downsized one piece of my scrubs today.

mommymd

I'm approaching my 6 month mark eating this way. I would say that I am better than 80%. My exercise is consistent for resistance, HIIT, sprinting. Could do better with moving slowly more often. I have lost around 9% of my body weight. All my clothes are either too big, or fit perfectly, with nice curves. BUT I am in a very, very, very long plateau. Why is the number on the scale so powerful to me?

Yesterday's food and activities:
    Sprinted in the cemetery. Warm up jog, uphill sprint X 5, all under the stars before sunrise. And a one hour walk after work.
    Greek yogurt, black berries, cocoa, cinnamon, coconut for breakfast. Broth with coconut oil.
    Pepperoni stick, german salami, salad greens/peppers/celery with avocado oil and basalmic vinegar
    Carbonated water instead of wine at a book launch
    Dinner out:2 grilled shrimp with a curried fruit and pumpkin salsa. Beef striploin with mushrooms, carrots, green beans and brussel sprouts (veggies were substituted for mashed potatoes). Citrus cheese cake (didn't eat the crust).
    Handful of nuts before bed.

Up 1.8 lbs over the last time I weighed this am. Guess it can be from the cheese cake/fluid retention.

Today
    cream and yogurt with macadamia nut and coconut butter, blackberries and blueberries
    raw broccoli with dip, 1 piece pepperoni off my son's pizza, salmon and zucchini for lunch
    3 pieces lindt 85% chocolate
    Broth with coconut oil
    Dinner: indianish chicken with eggplant and cashew sauce, steamed broccoli

Tomorrow is a family bday party. My husband has made a cake, will have to sample.

What I'm really worried about is this is it. I'm still in the overweight category with BMI. I definitely have belly fat and rolls that I was hoping would continue to shrink. I know that I will always have curves. Many times 6 months is the max time for weight loss it seems. My husband has also plateaued. I've looked through the forums, and IF seems to help. I did an IF on Thursday, and noticed that night that my resting heart rate was up again. That could mean that epinephrine/noradrenalin/cortisol is high-that's not going to help any weight loss.

I guess only time will tell...

mommymd

Monday is done. Yesterday was a b'day party where I had cake and cooked marshmallow icing. Good bye ketosis. According to Phinney will be 3-7 days before it's back.

3 eggs fried in butter
    starbuck's whole milk latte with extra HWC and cinnamon
    half a pork chop with vietnamese seasoning including small amount of sugar
    pepperoni stick
    cauliflower/cheese "bread" with liver sausage snack
    slow cooker quiche with ham, cream eggs and milk
    caesar salad

I listened to Jimmy Moores podcast with Volek, good summary of saturated fats

simple fit workout X 20 mins.

mommymd

It's been a long time! I have been eating primal over 80%. I tracked one day and had the following macronutrient breakdown:

Carbs 31 Fat 122 Protein 81 Total calories 1513 It was a day that I did a 16/8 IF with homemade broth and coconut oil before I left for work.

My weight is slowly going down. My shape continues to change and improve. I can fit my smallest pair of jeans with no muffin top when standing. Sitting I still get lots of rolls. People really notice now.

Yesterday I walked to work, 45 mins.

I fasted yesterday morning, and because we were out of stock/boullion I really fasted, just water and tea, until 11 am. Then had:
    Lunch
    creme fraiche with blackberries
    2 chicken sausages-tasted like weisswurst from my childhood mmmmm
    2 cups of sliced raw peppers, celery and cucumbers
    Snack
    5 brazil nuts for the selenium--I hear they are good for you and I try to stop into the local health shoppe occasionally
    Dinner
    2 Tunisian sausages(smaller than the chicken sausages, more like merguez)
    kale sauteed with cured pork cheeks and onions
    steamed broccoli with butter
    a bite of oven roasted sweet potato---made for my kids
    85% chocolate that came from London with the return of my DH from a conference--way better than Lindt, too bad I can't get refills
    water to drink all day.

I have no problem sticking to this "diet" My kids occasionally ask me when I'm going to eat bread again, I tell them it will never be a regular thing that I eat. If I find myself in Paris, I will eat some baguette and a croissant, I'm pretty sure.

I'm a little obsessed with all this stuff, and was reading Hyperlipid, and learned that dietary fat bypasses the liver on first pass, but is transported in chylomicrons through the lymphatic tissue, up into the thorax by the thoracic duct into the venous system. These triglyceride containing chylomicrons then are sent throughout the body, delivering its triglycerides and interacting with HDL. That means that dietary sugars and fats are separated into two pathways by the intestine, and the portal system which brings sugars to the liver is not high in fats unless those are high because the liver is producing them due to excess carbohydrate. That's cool. Sounds like there are implications to the AGE's and glycosylation of proteins.

Time to go grocery shopping. I've taken a grass fed striploin out to defrost and I want to make a gremolata to go with it.

mommymd

Chimichurri not Gremolata!

Today had full fat greek yogurt, cream, macadamia nuts and pecans with coconut and blackberries and strawberries for breakfast

Worked out hard-big sweat with HIIT

Made calf liver from an epicurious recipe (red wine vinegar and parsley, modified to crust it with macadamia nuts) It was just okay. I don't like liver unless it's foie gras or pate, but I ate a huge plate of it today. There were some tasty parts, but some livery parts too. A few forkfuls of my husband's salad and eggs. Big chunk of cucumber

Dinner was a small amount of feta cheese and avocado for appetizer while finishing dinner. Chicken/eggplant/onion butter chicken sauce cooked in the slowcooker, served over spinach with left over asparagus. This was the second time I made it, it turned out better last time. I made it on the stove last time, the slowcooker always seems to take something out of the flavour. One bite of corn on the cob-gasp grain. White wine that I got as a thank you gift from a colleague. I made myself a very yummy dessert: Dark chocolate, melted in the microwave, mixed with cream, added a small drop of vanilla and a dash of cinnamon, mixed in some black berries. Delicious!

Supplements:Fish oil, Vit D, Mg, Ca/Mg/Zinc, Potassium, planning on melatonin to increase the chances of sleeping through the night.

Fell asleep in a terrible kid movie this afternoon at TIFFkids. Skyforce3D. World premier, it needs a serious edit.

Oh yeah, I've now lost over 10% of my body weight.

mommymd

Things are stable here. No problem maintaining food balance. I've taken up Mark's challenge of moving slowly for an hour each day, Tuesday I walked for over 90 mins, yesterday I rode a bike outside on a trail for over 70 mins, and so far today I've walked for 45 mins. I went to the walk ability website and my neighbourhood rates 98 out of 100! We do walk most places including karate and swimming for the kids, bank, grocery store, library, school, restaurants and more. My bike ride yesterday was to my inlaws where I stopped for a cappuccino, so now I know that that is 37 mins, mostly on bike trails and through parks.

My weight hovers between 17-19 lbs lost. I have only one hole left on my belt. Tomorrow I will be seeing many colleagues who haven't seen me in years. Going to have to choose the clothes well to show off the curves.

Today so far:
    7 hrs sleep

Chicken boullion with small amount of coconut oil
    Black tea
    3 hard boiled eggs (after 17 hr fast)

Coming: Greek yogurt with frozen blueberries
    Spinach salad with crumbled bacon and chèvre with avocado oil, red wine vinegar

Dinner will be roast chicken with broccoli.

Put in my second order to Brookersmeat. Grass fed beef, pastured chicks and pork.

Mommymd

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm past the 7 month mark. Weight fluctuates between 16-19 lbs lost. Curves remain, all clothes fit.

Working out consistently, went to yoga classes 3 times this week (on a vacation week) plus over 7hrs of gardening.

Breakfast 9% Greek yogurt with blackberries and macadamia nut and coconut butter. Tea with milk

Lunch green salad with goat cheese, crustless slow cooker quiche, asparagus

Snack duck liver pâté wrapped in bib lettuce

Dinner broccoli soup with cream & sour cream, green salad/feta/macadamia nut oil basalmic dressing, herring salad (pickled herring, hard boiled eggs, yogurt/sour cream, apples- its a German thing) dark chocolate

Posted pics on pg 419 succes pics thread

Mommymd

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast