Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mommymd's LCHF journal page 2

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    BLOATED! One week of cheats here and there, starting with my hubby's adult b'day party and too much EtOH, then the family b'day party with the flourless chocolate cake-flourless but not sugar free!, and then the real b'day party and the chocolate cake with milk chocolate icing, wine, kulhua (sp), ribs with conventional sauce, too many nuts, chocolate covered dried blueberries...BLOATED!!! And 4 lbs up. DH indulged more than me and he is scared to go on the scale. But I've scrambled out of the wheat and sugar pile I fell into, and am back on the wagon.

Yesterday I had a bulletproof tea--not really liking the taste of my earl grey tea lately. I'm going to try another flavour. Then a full fat with coffee cream latte, then a kale salad with a tin of wild salmon and skin and bones, as well as 5 black berries and feta with macadamia nut oil and basalmic dressing for lunch. Dinner was osso buco from the slow cooker with a green salad, cauliflower and asparagus with butter and parmesan. water to drink.

Today so far 2 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs, and a salad for brekkie.

I had stopped supplementing with fish oil for some reason, but I'm going to do that again too, plus vitamin D

Speaking of Vitamin D, we are off to Turks and Caicos for 8 days on Friday. Self catering so meals shouldn't be a problem. My goal is to come back the same size and weight (or less if I do some beach sprints) No frilly punch drinks though, that's too bad. The money we'll save on booze, I intend to spend at the spa. I had the best massage of my life there last year.

Another reason my body took it hard the last week was my exercise is down. My yoga instructor is away, I missed 2 workouts, and well that's all it takes, really. I believe I can get back to it again, and will have to do some stuff in T&C too. Swimming, tag on the beach, yoga by the pool...any other suggestions for me?

Sleep was another thing that suffered last weekend. Monday was a holiday here, and that night I got less than 5 hrs, up in the middle of the night for no good reason, then I couldn't get back to sleep. Just when I was drifting back ds2 came in with a bad dream. Last night was better. I'm going to go to bed early again tonight.

Started to read the Science in Culture article about LCHF in Sweden. Interesting how we are viewed. They seem to have mistaken data accumulation with knowledge. The knowledge increases only when the interpretation of the data is scientific too. They also accuse the LCHF movement of not generating their own knowledge. Sure they are, they are just using other people's data.

I took pictures today, it's been a month since I posted them in the success stories. I don't see that much difference, and I'm bloated, so I'm considering not posting, but then I think it might be good for others who lose slowly like me....Should I do it?????

mommymd

Hi mommymd,

I've been enjoying your journal so I wanted to pop in and say hi! (from another slow loser just to the north of you in Markham, ON)

Loved your pics in the success stories. Very inspiring!

Back from Turks and Caicos...
    Food wise did well, but probably too many nuts, and had some coconut milk ice cream sweetened with agave. I'm motivated to try to make a more paleo friendly version. Bought one frilly pina colada, but it was way too sweet and only had half. Both bottles of wine we bought were sub par, so didn't even finish a glass of each. My biggest vice was dark chocolate covered cashews. Played tag with the kids twice, snorkelled once, and worked out on my own once.

What was the damage?....1 lb up. That's 5 lbs up from my nadir.

DH is at his goal weight. Ahhh, testosterone, how I envy you.

So today, I had 2 mini muffin sized baked omelettes from the freezer, then worked out sans trainer. I guess I told her not to come the day after my holidays, but I was itching to go, so I did. Not as vigorous as when my trainer pushes me, but I covered all the primal movements. Then had a tea with a small amount of coconut oil. We had no food in the house, so we all went to the grocery store and did a massive shop. Now were are set! Bought some bison steaks, corned beef, pork shoulder, bacon, also took ground beef, ground pork, beef stirfry, and a rib eye out of the freezer. Meat is covered! Bought 8 kinds of cheese, creme fraiche, whipping cream, 10% greek yogurt, and upped the kids milk to 2% (we all used to drink skim) 4 packages of greens, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, strawberries, avocados. Unfortunately there were no blackberries in stock, but luckily frozen organic blueberries were on sale.

Came home and DH made a massive salad with german salami and feta, avocado, and dressing made with avocado oil and basalmic. Small glass of milk. The only thing I did that wasn't so primal was lick the hummus spoon that the kids had for lunch.

Played a card game for 2 hrs with the kids--they've got great stamina for this game (didn't snack on the nuts at the table), and then had meatloaf and asparagus for dinner, water to drink. I was very hungry by the time dinner rolled around, and very full after the bacon covered meatloaf.

I'm heading to bed now, need to get back to working sleep schedule. Magnesium and melatonin taken. Tomorrow I plan on riding our exercise bike for 30 mins after getting up, then heading into work. I've premade a salad with sliced bison steak cooked in ghee for my morning meal which I will eat some time in the morning. I'm also bringing some cheese and salami for early afternoon meal, then DH is making a slow cooker pork curry for dinner. Also this week, a new yoga instructor is coming-yay.

I'm doing my own version of the whole 30. I feel like I've given up a lot already, and I don't really want to live without dairy---half dutch, so cheese is very important to me. I will be mindful of what I put in my mouth, and limit the 2nd helpings----tonight I didn't need the extra meatloaf.

I hope to get back on the right slope of the weight loss curve again. Still loving my shape though!

mommymd

Welcome back! We've upped the kids' milk from skim to 2% as well but they balked at whole. Sounds like you're all set up for a successful week.

Good day-rode the bike, had 2 salads for "breakfast 11 am" and lunch. Dinner was yummy pork curry from the slowcooker, cauliflower, and roasted brusselsprouts with bacon butter and lemon. Water and milky tea for drinks.

Karma came back and bit me on the a$$ at work, all is well that ends well is all I can say.

Grade 2 french immersion has me freaking out. Not good for my evening of meditation.

Tomorrow is yoga. Yippee.

mommymd

Another good primal day! Went for a 60 min massage-the therapist was wearing vibrams, so we chatted about paleo, I told him about MDA, we talked about neuroplasticity and n=1. Tonight my new (temporary) yoga instructor came and took me through a 60 min practice.

Breakfast 4 sliced strawberries, creme fraiche, and a hard boiled egg
    Morning snack 2 hard boiled eggs
    Lunch spinach salad with bison and red peppers, macadamia nut oil and basalmic dressing-I have a salad container with a ice pack insert-at lunch the macadamia oil was mostly solid.
    Afternoon snack-macadamia nuts---I was very hungry on my way to the massage place and originally thought I would get a starbuck's, but then remembered snacks from the bulk section at the health shoppe would be a better idea
    Dinner leftover pork curry, brusselsprouts and cauliflower

Tomorrow is a weigh in day and a workout with my trainer day.

Last night I got less than 7 hrs sleep. Woke up at 5:20 for no reason. Didn't take Mg/melatonin last night. Guess I should again.

Supplemented with fish oil and vit D

mommymd

Smiling from ear to ear

I weighed today, 4 lbs down from Sunday! Then I worked out with my trainer outside because it was 14 degrees, bright blue sky. Went for tea with a friend, and we made a pact to support each other with our kids' ridiculous homework. Was in an awesome mood. Smiling like a fool, walking down the street, listening to my ipod.

Food-1.5 strips of bacon, 2 eggs cooked in bacon fat and butter, fried tomato slices and sauteed spinach, small glass milk
    Full fat with coffee cream latte
    slow cooker crustless ham and cheese quiche and salad
    greek salad
    rib eye steak cooked in ghee

My DH who is also eating this way had his lipids done yesterday. His doctor called today because his LDL is up, but so is his HDL and his TG's are down. She did tell him that as he gets older, he will have to get his LDL down. Ha Ha!

A colleague of mine is reading "the art and science of low carb living" on my suggestion. He says he has 15 lbs to lose. I told him it's a little like pandora's box, because knowing what I know now, CW is hard to suffer. He has to actually order diets on patients. This could be interesting.

edit:ate a few pistachios while watching a movie

mommymd
    Last edited by mommymd; 03-09-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: additional food

ferrygirl is offline Junior Member
    Hi!
    Another slow loser here. I've really enjoyed reading your journals and seeing what you are doing. Looks like things are going well for you!
    Female, 5'7"

Primal SW: 74.4 kg
    CW: 73.4 (3/12/12)
    GW: 61 kg
    BF: 35%

Hi ferrygirl, thanks for checking in. It's not a race to get lighter, but a goal to get healthier, right?

I've missed a yesterday's tracking. I missed because I went to bed early and got a full 8+ hours of sleep, like I'm doing tonight. Tomorrow night is a call night, so I don't know how much sleep I will get, if any.

Yesterday I had leftover pork curry for breakfast, left over slowcooker crustless quiche and veggies for lunch, then fish and broccoli for dinner. I also had 2 pieces of dark 85% lindt chocolate at some point.

Today I woke up at the usual 6 am, but could be 30 mins later to work, so I sprinted in the historic green space (old cemetery) behind my house. There is a faint track, estimated 300 m, which I jogged as my warm up, then there is a gentle hill that I sprinted up and walked down 5 times. I felt great! It was about 0 degrees, and I could hear a little wheeze from my chest, but overall it was exhilarating.

Breakfast was a chunk of cheese (weighed it out of interest 30g) and a dried fig. My god, they are sweet. I gave them to my kids for a snack the other day, and they said "Hey, this tastes just like a fig newton"
    Lunch1 was 10%greek yogurt, frozen blueberries and macadamia nuts
    Lunch 2 was pork stirfry that I made following the instructions on a post from MDA. It had onions, garlic, ginger, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, kale and pork, cooked in coconut oil with a sauce made of sherry, wheat free tamari, cashew butter and water. Delicious!
    Snack salami and kimchi-the kimchi was a gift from my trainer-her friend made it from scratch. Tastes very real
    Dinner mother in law carbohydrate soup-sweet potato/butternut squash/acorn squash/chicken broth/cinnamon/nutmeg soup---not something I would have made for myself. Only had half the served dish. father in law bbq ribs--suspect that there was actually flour on them, though he didn't admit to it. Big ass salad with avocado and goat cheese/avocado and redwine vinegar dressing. 1/2 glass of red wine
    Supplemented with fish oil and vitD

Bottom line is I ate too much today!!!! breakfast and lunch1's quantities were similar to a usual breakfast size, but then I was very hungry for lunch2 and snack. Maybe it was the sprinting? The quantity I had at dinner was way too much. At least I didn't have any dessert.

I found out that I have Monday off, so I've asked my trainer for an extra session. I'm missing my usual session on Sunday, post call, so it's fortuitous.

Looking back on the last week, I feel I did very well. Lots of exercise, good food choices and quantities (except today)

mommymd

On call post:

Today I grazed. Got up and nibbled on a left over rib eye steak while I made a pack of bacon. Had 2 pieces while making the rest of breakfast and an extra piece and 2 eggs for breakfast, small glass of 2% milk. Tea with cream, and a swig of cream from the carton. Boys went to karate and I cut out a pattern for knickers and washed the material. Napped for 2 hours, then got up, had "lunch" tin of tuna with "mayo"--soy oil based-gag- but that's what we had. Finished the rib eye. Grande decaf whole milk with coffee cream and cinnamon latte on the subway to work. Just finished my dinner of pork stir fry leftovers.

No cases on the board tonight, but it's Saturday, and something is sure to come in. At least it's daylight savings time and I have 1 fewer hours to work.

edit: I have found myself admiring my definition in my arms recently. Also, my neck fat is definitely slimming down.
    mommymd
    Last edited by mommymd; 03-10-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast