Thread: Primal Starts Today! page

Rory is offline Member

Primal Starts Today!

Shop Now
    **** Repost from Journal thread, because I didn't really intend for this to become a journal*****

So, I've been primal for a few weeks now, but today I start officially (love the 1st day of the month for that sort of thing.) I've been keeping my carbs under 80 grams per day, and plan to continue until I reach my goal body fat % (not going by weight this time around!!!).

Tomorrow I go for blood tests and a DEXA (body composition) scan. The body fat scale at my gym puts me at around 23%, which isn't bad for a 30 year old woman, but I'd like to know the real number an ultimately get down to 18-20% (Crossfit-style 3x per week, about 5 hours walking the dog, and a couple of yoga classes per week). I know my cholesterol will be high (it's been that way since my teens - damn genetics) and I'm hoping in 3 months when I go back to test again it will have dropped.

As for food, I am loathe to give up dairy, so I'm not going to. But I will stick to the fermented kind (except for the tbsp of cream in my coffee). I'm going for two meals a day and a small snack in the afternoon, because that's what I prefer, except on the 3 days a week I train in the morning - then small meal before training, small meal after, and dinner.

So, today:

Brunch: Smoothie with ~1-1.5 cups homemade SCD 10% yogurt (fermented for 30 hrs, so barely any lactose left in that), 1 cup blueberries, and 2 scoops Proteins+ whey protein powder.

Snack: Handful of almonds, and a couple of big swigs of homemade almond milk

Dinner: TBD, but definitely protein (fish, beef, chicken) and veggies/greens. And a glass of red wine.

Looking for any and all comment/suggestions!!!!!
    Last edited by Rory; 02-01-2012 at 11:30 AM.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Looks like a good start. Drop the snacks as soon as possible, though, and make sure you are getting enough recovery time from your Crossfit. It's easy to burn out on that.

dado Guest
    whatever, man. dexa scans suck.