Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't care about helping others anymore! page 5

RuckedUp is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I was surprised when my mother jumped on board and only cooks Paleo in her home now. She gave none in her home a option, my stepfather had to go cold turkey overnight, and he was the type that put ketchup on everything; poor guy! Lol

amdws1234 is offline Member
    Ruckedup - L.O.V.E. your mother. Good for her.

IndyMike is offline Junior Member
    I'm giving up too. It's a waste of breath.

The annoying part for me is that I have folks freak out at my saying I don't do carbs much. Lard-butts shoveling in awful things into their mouths and acting like I'm the weird one... life's just too funny sometimes.

Toxalot is offline Junior Member
    I don't remember when I first heard of Primal/paleo. I have a friend who has mentioned things to me several times over the last couple of years. I started reading MDA at some point and then in June I asked to borrow her Primal Blueprint books.

I did completely eliminate grains for a month, but found it really hard and didn't notice any benefits (other than some weight loss, but that was an unintended side-effect). I have severe mood cycles and other things going on, so it may be a bit much to expect diet alone to make a difference in a short time. I'm still working on maintaining a healthy diet on a regular basis.

For some of us, it does take longer to sink in. And I'm happy that my friend volunteered the info without my asking otherwise I would have never have known.

I believe in Primal/paleo and I know I am still more preachy than I should be (trying to put the info out there and then let it go, but not always succeeding). DH has actually started down his own path about the same time that I started down this path. He has started running and is now considering a marathon. He doesn't agree with me about diet, especially since I don't completely practice what I preach. Bread is a staple in his diet. But he does receive the MDA newsletter, so at least I know the information is available to him and now I have to learn to let him make his own choices.

I have my youngest child (13yo) reading labels now. She is always asking questions and really likes to eat what I cook. Now, if I could just break the cycle so that I have the energy and motivation to cook more often, I'd be better off. My mother listens and shows interest in the changes I am making, but says that there is no way she could give up grains.

So on topic, my goal is to volunteer info while trying not to mention it so often that I come off as preachy.
    Last edited by Toxalot; 02-25-2012 at 06:32 PM.

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxalot View Post
    I don't remember when I first heard of Primal/paleo. I have a friend who has mentioned things to me several times over the last couple of years. I started reading MDA at some point and then in June I asked to borrow her Primal Blueprint books.

I did completely eliminate grains for a month, but found it really hard and didn't notice any benefits (other than some weight loss, but that was an unintended side-effect). I have severe mood cycles and other things going on, so it may be a bit much to expect diet alone to make a difference in a short time. I'm still working on maintaining a healthy diet on a regular basis.

For some us, it does take longer to sink in. And I'm happy that my friend volunteered the info without my asking otherwise I would have never have known.

I believe in Primal/paleo and I know I am still more preachy than I should be (trying to put the info out there and then let it go, but not always succeeding). DH has actually started down his own path about the same time that I started down this path. He has started running and is now considering a marathon. He doesn't agree with me about diet, especially since I don't completely practice what I preach. Bread is a staple in his diet. But he does receive the MDA newsletter, so at least I know the information is available to him and now I have to learn to let him make his own choices.

I have my youngest child (13yo) reading labels now. She is always asking questions and really likes to eat what I cook. Now, if I could just break the cycle so that I have the energy and motivation to cook more often, I'd be better off. My mother listens and shows interest in the changes I am making, but says that there is no way she could give up grains.

So on topic, my goal is to volunteer info while trying not to mention it so often that I come off as preachy.
    I kind of get where you're coming from. My personal advice would be to focus on yourself and get all the odds and ends squared away (like preparing meals and finding things you like that are fast and easy). It's a funky transition, but you'll find a medium ground I promise. It's taken me about a year to really figure it all out, and I'm still a work in progress.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I have never been into sales.. so.. Yeah, I do not try and sell paleo either.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

cave-e8r is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
    I'm giving up too. It's a waste of breath.

The annoying part for me is that I have folks freak out at my saying I don't do carbs much. Lard-butts shoveling in awful things into their mouths and acting like I'm the weird one... life's just too funny sometimes.

Yes! i don't tell anybody about my diet, and I certainly don't push it on anybody. a few guys at work have figured it out. i always get a kick out of some fat ass c/w guy giving me diet advice, telling me how flawed my diet is. i want to tell them, really, look at you, look at me...but I don't.

Conner P. is offline Senior Member
    Can lead a horse to water but...you can beat it till long after its dead. I think thats how it goes right? =P

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I have never been into sales.. so.. Yeah, I do not try and sell paleo either.
    I talk to my friends about things I do, things I buy, things I eat.

"I just went to this museum in San Francisco. It's so awesome!"
    "Oh cool! What's in it?"

vs

"I'm trying this new diet. I don't eat processed food, or bread either. I feel great!"
    "Er...don't you think you're going to get a heart attack with all that fat?"

If we didn't talk about the things in our life and how we're experiencing it, there'd be almost nothing to talk about amongst friends. It seems to me that diet has evolved into a heavier subject most abstain from conversing, like religion and politics. Sales pitch or not.

deepglades is offline Senior Member
    I love the title of this thread. Makes me smile every time I see it.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast