Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Oz last night page

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member

Dr. Oz last night

He was running through a week of healthy convenience foods. Whole grain pizza, salmon burgers, frozen chinese, some bizarre italian thing, and veggie burritos. The taster kept saying it was good.... but really she was not enthused by her body language- I'm a good cook- when someone tastes something good they can muster more than a fake smile and a "yeah it's good".

All I could think of was last night, I popped some cherry tomatoes in the oven with olive oil and garlic for 20 minutes. Then popped in some chicken breasts (frozen) for another 20. The prep time was exactly a minute. Then I sauted spinach - another minute. In 40 minutes, 2 of those active, I had an amazing dinner.It was probably the same number of calories, but tasted amazing.

I made a crockpot of pulled pork- it took 1 minute to spice rub, 5 minutes to shred. A day to cook in a crock pot.

Every morning I have an omelet and bacon. Cooks up in 10 minutes- less time then it takes to sit in line at Starbucks.

I don't make too many things that take more than 10 minutes to prepare. They all taste great. Expensive processed foods are not the answer. All I could think was none of what he showed looked filling- I would have needed 2-3 of each to be full....

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Americans equate 'convenience' with not having to do a thing besides push a few buttons.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Expensive Processed Foods are what put money in The Man's pocket.

Dr. Oz works for Said Man.

GoLisaGo is offline Senior Member
    lol, when I think of convenience foods, it's all about what to put in the crockpot. That is the ultimate convenience. Or the stove top grill, pretty darn convenient to grill a steak. A batch of salad made a couple times a week is pretty convenient to grab a handful and put on a plate. And the apple I ate yesterday, so convenient, all I had to do was chew!
    There's a crack inside of everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
    Journal, From Sick to Fit: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45653.html

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Totally, we just bbq'd up two family sized packages of chicken thighs last night for under 10 dollars...
    and, we have a crap ton of it left today. I'll be eating it until Friday!

Julie

PrimalBaker is offline Member
    Convenience foods prove to be inconvenient when you end up having to make doctor's appointments due to their negative health consequences.

It's rare that anything I make to eat takes more than 10 minutes to prep. And my house smells great in the end!
    I NEED Sunshine! And a beach would be nice too!
    Started Primal living February 14, 2011

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah- he was all "OMG- this has so many veggies"- it was a stirfry with chicken and brown rice and maybe a cup of veggies- I eat 2-3 cups!

Kate_Tower is offline Member
    I laughed at that too. Last week, I caught a bit of his show and he was talking about healthy foods that you MUST have. I would say about 90 percent were all carbs!!! I just could not get past the carbs. Someone wrote on here, "I see wheat people", I cracked up at that. It is so true. I went to the grocery and most of what I saw was carbs, carbs, carbs. Anyone else have that problem? Maybe I am just sensitive because I am fully immersed in the primal culture at the moment. So anything that goes with the PB catches my attention!

BuffaloGrok is offline Senior Member
    Dr. Oz hates the paleo diet
    My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

mrshinyhead is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate_Tower View Post
    "I see wheat people", I cracked up at that. It is so true. I went to the grocery and most of what I saw was carbs, carbs, carbs. Anyone else have that problem? Maybe I am just sensitive because I am fully immersed in the primal culture at the moment. So anything that goes with the PB catches my attention!
    "I see wheat people." LMFAO!

Completely agree. Just got back to my office from the produce section at my local market (Publix ha ha) and noticed how many carbs and wheat products I had to walk past just to get ingredients for my big ass salad and some chicken... how sad, really.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast