Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Peeps...Whats your latest purchase? page 2

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday I bought two organic duck legs. Only to go to bed with a bad migraine when they were ready, I couldn't even stand the smell... (good that I don't get migraine that often now!) Had leftovers today with my salad, delicious!

Last week I bought a copy of "The Primal Solution" for my ebook reader, and I have almost finished reading it.

prodistat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    You don't need any of that. If you shower regularly (can't be that primal really, but necessary to fit in...) afterwards you can shave with hot water from the hot tap, alone. Your face will feel better, you will get a better shave and your razor will last longer. Mine last disposable razor lasted about four years.
    You must have very soft facial hair, not be prone to ingrown hairs, be okay with a lot of tugging and uncomfortable shaves, or produce a ton of oil. Even using feather blades on a DE safety razor, I have to replace the blades at least once a week. With no shaving soap I get tons of irritation despite using witch-hazel afterwards.

Next you'll be telling us that cold-water shaving is THE BEST THING EVER!

Shaving foam is a total con.
    Shaving foam? Maybe. You can use a shaving soap. Some people like the pre-shave/shaving oils as well as lather-less creams.
    Prodistat
    Poke it quickly, with a stick.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I bought:
    2 pork chops, a rib eye, a pound of ground beef, some chicken quarters, a pack of bacon, a dozen eggs, a slab of a 7 year aged cheddar and some goat cheese.

For my "diet"... that is going to cause me to have to go buy new clothes soon.

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Groceries... Meat, veg, eggs, goldfish crackers (for my son). Why is beef so GD expensive?!?! I live in Texas, shouldn't it be free? At the store, the cashiers always comment on all of the vegetables I buy... while most of them are as big as a house.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I bought 3 clamp lights and grow bulbs for starting seeds indoors this year. They haven't come in yet, Amazon. And a slab of green marble, which I pick up tomorrow, and four casters for a dresser I'm redoing. I still need to buy the paint, which I haven't decided on just yet, I want to have the marble here when I decide, and the pulls.

Meegeek is offline Senior Member
    My spousal unit just procured a "Live Long Drop Dead - Grok" tee shirt for me. We also had 2 10oz grass fed new york strips the other night, smothered in ghee of course.
    "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
    2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Soil cube maker for starting seeds: The Soil Cube Tool - Soil Block Maker I plan on gettting an early start to my veggie gardens this year so I don't have to buy too many already-potted plants.

I really like the "no transplant shock" angle, especially for things like squash & nasturtiums that hate being transplanted.

deepglades is offline Senior Member
    $100 worth of grass fed top round and chuck... and pickles.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    A burger, sans bun, +swiss, jalapenos, onions, garlic, bacon for lunch. Prior to that, it was canned pureed tomato for homemade sloppy Joe's.
    Last non-food item: a pair of Vibram Performa Janes, thanks to a tipoff from unamusedmouse here on the boards, and a dumb bell handle.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Soil cube maker for starting seeds: The Soil Cube Tool - Soil Block Maker I plan on gettting an early start to my veggie gardens this year so I don't have to buy too many already-potted plants.

I really like the "no transplant shock" angle, especially for things like squash & nasturtiums that hate being transplanted.
    Is this your first time using that? I'd be interested to hear how it works out for you. I'm using peat pots (to also make transplanting easier on me and the plants) and I have a mini indoor greenhouse then will switch over to tables once sprouted. I have room for about 400 but I'm starting perennials as well.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast