Thread: Finishing a Whole 30 page

Grausel is offline Junior Member

Finishing a Whole 30

Shop Now
    I'm new to Mark's Daily Apple but I'm just finishing up my first Whole 30. I have to say I'm very frustrated as I had high hopes for better results. After having my first baby it has been impossible to lose all the extra weight I gained during a difficult pregnancy. We'd like to try for baby #2 in a few months but I just don't want to do it in this body!

I really didn't lose any weight during my Whole 30 despite my best efforts to adhere strictly to the plan. I also lift weights/strength train 2-3 days a week and do some kind of cardio 4-5 days a week. Not to mention chasing a toddler every day! Hopefully I'll find some new inspiration here, I'd love to share some of the great results I read so many others are experiencing.

Thanks!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    What kind of cardio are you doing?
    Are you getting enough sleep?

How do your clothes fit? Have your measurements changed?

How do you feel after that Whole30?

There are a lot of things that could be going on. You could be overtraining on your cardio. You could be overindulging in some snack. You could be intolerant of something you are still eating. You could simply still be healing your body (sometimes it takes more than a month to heal, and that is usually prioritized over losing fat).

dana_leigh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grausel View Post
    I'm new to Mark's Daily Apple but I'm just finishing up my first Whole 30. I have to say I'm very frustrated as I had high hopes for better results. After having my first baby it has been impossible to lose all the extra weight I gained during a difficult pregnancy. We'd like to try for baby #2 in a few months but I just don't want to do it in this body!

I really didn't lose any weight during my Whole 30 despite my best efforts to adhere strictly to the plan. I also lift weights/strength train 2-3 days a week and do some kind of cardio 4-5 days a week. Not to mention chasing a toddler every day! Hopefully I'll find some new inspiration here, I'd love to share some of the great results I read so many others are experiencing.

Thanks!
    hey Grausel. just finished whole30 myself...but was very happy with it and am sticking to the protocol generally. how were your portion sizes? i noticed that the whole30 ebook recommends much smaller portions than a lot of people seem to be eating on the diet (especially when it comes to meat). too much coconut milk/ghee/nuts also seems to be a problem for some when it comes to whole30 weight loss. good luck!