Thread: grapeseed oil?? page

diinky1119 is offline Member

grapeseed oil??

can anyone tell me if grapeseed oil is ok ? I thought maybe it was too high in omega 6 . to use it in salad dressing thanks

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    It's awful. It has one of the very highest amounts of omega 6 of any oil in existence. Don't go near it for cooking or cold. And it's very expensive. If you're looking for a buttery-tasting oil, get macadamia nut oil, or just render butter into ghee. Both of those options are fantastic. Grapeseed oil is good for two things - oiling door hinges and seasoning cast iron pans, and the only reason why it's excellent for seasoning cast iron pans is because it oxidizes so rapidly. The more fragile an oil is, the better it is at seasoning pans (which is why flaxseed oil is the best and saturated fats are the worst at seasoning).
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

diinky1119 is offline Member
    ok .. I was right .. thankyou!!

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    The more fragile an oil is, the better it is at seasoning pans (which is why flaxseed oil is the best and saturated fats are the worst at seasoning).
    this is a man who knows how to season a cast-iron pan! i do mine in rendered chicken fat, once in a blue moon when it actually needs to be seasoned.