Thread: Eating to live page

bellavida is offline Member

Eating to live

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been primal for about a month. The first couple weeks I had some fierce carb cravings, of which I satisfied some of the time with small amounts of fresh berries and good dark chocolate (I know now I should have used white potato or plain rice, but that is why I love this blog, I learn so many useful things). I do notice now after 30 days on this plan, that I hardly get the hunger pangs in my stomach anymore. Over the weekend, I was busy and ate 2 organic eggs fried in coconut oil and a bunch of sauteed spinach for breakfast on Saturday and didn't get to eat dinner until almost 10 hours later and I was not hungry all day. This from someone that could graze constantly all day. It feels so good to be able to eat to live instead of living to eat!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    That's exactly how it's supposed to work. But after years of listening to people say "Fat makes you fat", you can see why people don't believe us.

Glad you did!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

dave155 is offline Senior Member
    That's the way I was too until yesterday. I travelled for a few days and ate well, but had some beer while gone. Yesterday I had a serious sweet attack for some chocolate and peanut butter. Not sure it the beer had anything to do with it. (I only had a few on 2 different nights...) but the craving was pretty intense and I gave in.

I managed not to binge, but it was a close thing. Hopefully it doesn't return today....
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45618.html

Go Tribe is offline Senior Member
    Crazy isn't it. You'll get used to the weird looks people give you when you tell them what you eat. Then, after you lose your "wheat belly" and a whole bunch more weight, they'll be asking you how you did it...
    Started 9/15/11 at 323 pounds
    2/16/13 at 241 pounds
    Goal is 223 pounds or less