Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Greens+? page

CSilivestru is offline Member

Thoughts on Greens+?

Primal Fuel
    In going with today's MDA post, I'm finding it a little difficult to incorporate as many leafy greens into my diet as I would like....

But there's a product out here in Canada called Greens+ -- it's basically a powdered version of leafy greens that I can put into smoothies (or even food I would think). Here's a link to their website: Buy Genuine Health GREENS+ 85 g powder - Nutraways

Has anyone had any experience with this or is currently using it? I always feel weird supplementing while being primal.....feels rather unprimal to do so!

Thanks!
    Living the primal lifestyle and loving it! On a constant quest of optimal health and living life to the fullest :-).

You can have excuses or results -- not both.

jakey is offline Senior Member

That was incredibly helpful -- thanks, jakey! Still curious to see if others have used anything of the like but I think I'll pick some up and see how it goes!
    Living the primal lifestyle and loving it! On a constant quest of optimal health and living life to the fullest :-).

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    i used it for a while and thought I "needed" it... stopped taking it and realized that something in it-- I'm guessing the bran or the pectin or the stevia-- was actually beating the hell out of my stomach. it did give a good energy boost though, I think.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I used it a few years back and it would make me lose my voice. Weird, I know, but I went on and off of it 4 times and a couple days after starting it I would lose my voice and my throat would be dry all of the time. Get off of it and it would go away within a week. I must be allergic to something in it.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

deepglades is offline Senior Member
    I add Amazing Grass Kidz SuperFood (chocolate) to my daily protein drink. I let my wife talk me into it 8 or 9 months ago, and we both feel like it has been beneficial. We both acknowledge that it could be placebo and that it's very difficult to directly attribute any positive affects to it specifically. It can't hurt. Its reasonably priced. The ingredients are sound (mostly) and it tastes good enough. *shrug*

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Frozen organic spinach at Trader Joe's. Plop a chunk in anything you cook. *poof* done.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

patski is offline Senior Member
    We need Trader Joe's in Canada!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    There are a lot of greens drinks out there and I specifically wouldn't recommend Greens +
    1. The first and third ingredients are lecithin and apple pectin (under a fancy name). These aren't greens, they're cheap filler
    2. Random herbs. You wouldn't take subclinical doses of random drugs every day just because they're "good for you". Same goes for herbs. If you take them, it should be for specific reasons.

There are a lot of other brands that don't contain herbs and where greens juice is the first ingredient. They used to push Greens+ quite a bit on Precision Nutrition, but I think it was a Canadian thing.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Is there a specific brand that you would recommend? I've never really dabbled in this since I'm big on just eating real food instead but I think it's worth exploring a bit further...

I should just head out to a health food store and find the product with most "natural" and close-to-the-real-thing ingredients I can find. When I find something, I'll post it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast