Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal pet chatter =) page 7

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I grew up with a playmate who fed her cats tofu and cheerios. Don't even get me started.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

paleo pika is offline Member
    Just makes me want to run home and give my little carnivores a squeeze and tell them not to worry, they''ll never have to die of vegan.

mixie is offline Senior Member
    It's that kind of thing that convinces me that it's more a religion than a WOE. Feeding cats a vegan diet should be criminally prosecutable as animal cruelty. Also, that girl's an a-hole, regardless of what she feeds herself.
    Last edited by mixie; 02-06-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

paleo pika is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixie View Post
    It's that kind of thing that convinces me that it's more a religion than a WOE. Feeding cats a vegan diet should be criminally prosecutable as animal cruelty. Also, that girls an a-hole, regardless of what she feeds herself.
    +1

Roa
    Roa is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo pika View Post
    Just makes me want to run home and give my little carnivores a squeeze and tell them not to worry, they''ll never have to die of vegan.
    Hehe

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    I felt so proud when my cat started voraciously attacking my plate of herring that I was planning to have for dinner. However, I think she liked it a little TOO much. But she ended up eating SO MUCH of it that I found a slimey pile of fish-barf 10 minutes later.

But honestly, she maybe barfs once every 3-4 months? Before, on crappy cat food, puking could be as bad as a couple times a week.
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealia View Post
    I felt so proud when my cat started voraciously attacking my plate of herring that I was planning to have for dinner.
    LOL I hadn't thought about this in years... but one of the moments that truly convinced me that bagged food wasn't working and we needed to figure something else out was when my super-premium, all-meat-dry-food-fed cat swiped a face-full of mashed potatoes off my fork when it was almost in my mouth. I have never, ever tolerated begging or (Og forbid) food stealing, but this time Poe just appeared out of nowhere and sniped the taters in mid-bite. Clearly, something was missing and this cat was starving no matter how much dry food he was eating. I think it was the very next day that we offered him raw chicken for the first time and he tore into it like a rabid honey badger, LOL.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I just wanted to say that I switched my cats from Wellness Core to Blue Wilderness a couple days ago. My one cat has been falling out of love with Wellness and pretty much stopped eating it. She loves the BW and gobbles it up. Unfortunately, it made my other cat SUPER sick. She has a serious case of leaky mudbutt and is not moving much. When she does move, she keeps squatting down, has this glassy, pained gaze, and looks unsteady on her feet. I ran to the store today to buy more Wellness and have been handfeeding her a little at a time. I also gave her some wet food with pumpkin puree in it. I feel so bad! She is normally energetic and super talkative, and right now she is huddled in a ball under the chair and won't make a sound..

I hope she just has really bad indigestion and none of her organs are hurt.. If she is still sick tomorrow I will have to take her to the vet.. When I talked to the guy at the pet store today (he is the actual owner and was not there the other day when I bought the new food) he said "Yeah, that is pretty much why we don't stock the big bags of BW, because it's only like a 50-50 chance your cats will do well on it.." Ugh!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Yikes! I hope she's okay =(

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Picture 032.jpg

This is Jake. He also gets Taste of the Wild with some fish oil thrown in. I love dogs. I work with them at a local dog daycare and have hundreds of pictures.
    Leaving to go see the pups now!

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast