Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Primal pet chatter =) page 23

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hope that is the end of the vomitting for your kitty

Lonefrontranger that is an awesome improvement
    Def grains and cooked foods are no good for our pets.
    Mine are much healthier since changing them.

I too found my cats don't like their meat cold straight out of the fridge, they like it better when its been at room temp for a bit.

Hmm that is weird, that poster only had a few posts, and they are banned already and their post in this thread was deleted, that is odd alright.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Hmm that is weird, that poster only had a few posts, and they are banned already and their post in this thread was deleted, that is odd alright.
    They may have been a quote spammer, if the post was only a line or two. Usually their posts will be short and have a broken image link at the end. They are quoting posts made earlier in the thread, and are not real posters.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Na it was a real long one. Ah well LOL. Damn spammer LOL

lonefrontranger is offline Junior Member
    nope not a spammer but one of the mods apparently assumed I was. Guess I won't be posting any pics of my kitties after all, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lonefrontranger View Post
    nope not a spammer but one of the mods apparently assumed I was. Guess I won't be posting any pics of my kitties after all, lol.
    Oh that is weird.

lonefrontranger is offline Junior Member
    here you go Ayla2010, the admin gave me back the text of my post that was deleted. I'll refrain from adding pics for now as that seems to be a trigger.

Hi there, we have 2 cats that we have been raw feeding 2-3x / day. The older one (3 years) is an inveterate bolter and he will puke if he eats too fast, OR if his food is served too cold.

We started splitting his meals into smaller portions and making sure they were served slightly warmed up. It's a small pain in the ass but we feed a VERY expensive commercial frozen raw (RadCat) and want to make sure he's getting it all in.

It is incredibly worth it to us. Our 3 year old is a feral/rescued Ragdoll and was several pounds overweight with severe periodontal resorption when we got him at (only!) 18 months old. His teeth were so bad we had to have 8 of them removed; on a not even fully grown cat. it took us MONTHS to wean him off kibble and get him to accept raw food as "food", but now that we've got him fully transitioned, his weight is beautifully under control, and his teeth are vastly improved. Also he doesn't vomit hairballs multiple times/week. I have not seen him chuck a hairball for months now.

We recently got a Birman kitten as a companion for him and he has been raw fed from day 1. His breeder did prey model raw (meaning, she rolls her own) but we are too concerned with making sure we give the boys the proper ratios of vital nutrients like taurine and calcium to do our own prey model. We do give them a couple raw chicken wings and/or necks per week as a "treat", which they love.

Both cats are thriving, and both are lush longhairs. They rarely-to-never hairball. I give them a raw egg yolk periodically as the egg contains enzymes and natural "lubricants" to help break up and pass the hair thru the GI tract. One of the other major benefits of 100% raw feeding is the small / non-smelly litterbox volume (properly fed cats with efficient GI tracts digest almost all their food thus leave WAY less poo in the litterbox).

We do not feed any form of kibble, whether it's "raw/grain-free" or not. It's all got some kind of starchy vegetable carb as it's next to impossible to form kibble without a binder/bulk ingredient to do so. Our boys are both vital, lean, muscular, thriving shiny balls of energy. The 3-year-old, who was a lazy, borderline obese, carb/kibble-addicted catloaf when we adopted him, is now as active and playful as our 8 month old kitten.

Way to go on keeping your pets healthy
    Def even grain free commercial food is no good, due to being cooked, plus the fillers.
    Our animals love their raw food

PrimalCon New York
    I am still trying to find a source of baby rabbits for my pets.
    You can buy frozen at the pet shops but they so hugely expensive. I really would like to give them the occasional whole animal like that.
    ooh I just remembered where there is some place I can get that stuff, so will go check it out tomorrow.

I feed my dogs once a day, and they get a chicken carcass or lamb bones, lamb shanks, or chicken necks.
    I give it to them frozen (its summer right now), and they spend ages gnawing through it.

I give my cats raw minced kangaroo (human quality of course), chunky beef (don't give as often), quail (unfortunately gutted and no head), I got a mix of chicken and lambs fry minced up too, as well as chicken and chicken carcass.
    I vary their food each day, the cats get 2 meals a day. They also get the odd can of sardines (again human quality).

The dogs sometimes pick at what the cats leave. And also the dogs sometimes eat veg or meat our children drop.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast