Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal pet chatter =) page 18

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Fae has joined us at the apartment! Unfortunately I didn't read up on moving a cat so she hasn't been eating We brought her over Sunday night, she ate a little bit of dry food I left out overnight (thought it might make her more comfortable?), but has not eaten anything I've put out since. She licked some of the oil from a can of tuna I put in the food bowl (only about 1/4 of a can), would not eat from my hand either. I did not realize she'd be so nervous from the move

She's going to the vet tomorrow so I'm hoping this place seems like a safe haven after her shots and not just more stressful!

You can't quite see how tubby she is, but here's my fur-baby.

Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    She's cute!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    I switched my mom's cat over to grain-free food. It will be a month on the 11th. Although, my mom has snuck him some Fancy Feast twice. grrr... He has had a history of throwing up rather frequently. Sometimes it is just food and other times there is a hair ball in with the food. He has thrown up twice since the change, both times with a hair ball evident. What is the deal the hairballs? If a cat naturally licks itself clean, its body should be equipped with a better mechanism, for dealing with hairballs, than puking, right? Will it get better the longer he is grain-free?

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    Hello primal pet-owners!

My girlfriend and I feed our dog (a min-pin/chihuahua mix) an all raw diet... she was a rescue, was very skinny and weak when we got her... also she had a pretty bad cataract in one eye. The raw diet (grass fed beef and occasionally organs) made her gain weight very rapidly, she's very muscular (and smart!) and her cataract is pretty much gone.

Lately we've been only able to find leaner meat to feed her, and I can tell she's lost a little weight; she also acts very hungry when we feed her, like she hasn't eaten in days. However, I just received an order of US Wellness's Pet Burger, which is a lot higher is fat and has organs mixed in. It's a lot cheaper too! I'll update with how she does on this.
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Riley (my baby!). He's a Havanese. Currently 6.5 years old. Has been eating a raw diet since we got him at 16 weeks old. Attachment 7431

His current favourite delicacies are: cornish hen bodies, duck necks or green beef tripe. All are mixed with a green veggie supplement (he hates his veggies) and wild pacific salmon oil.

Some more recent pictures of him:
    Attachment 7429Attachment 7428Attachment 7430Attachment 7432
    Last edited by Metric; 05-16-2012 at 04:20 PM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Update on Fae: her coat is so much more glossy and soft (natural oils being produced) on this Orijen dry food. She's 100% transitioned in under 2 weeks with no bowel issues that I have detected. Her poop is quite smelly though! I got a better litter that should help with that. Now I'm wondering if I should keep her with this food 2/3 cup a day (morning and evening) or give her just under 2/3 (shake out a bit of the 1/3 cup at each serving) to see if she loses weight. I guess I'll wait a month or two to make sure she's doing okay with this food and this amount. She has an empty bowl by the time the next meal comes around if I'm not late in serving her.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    I would keep her on the regular serving for a while to see if she stays at the weight she is or if it changes (up or down) Probably give it a couple months unless you see an obvious change... Is she stays the same in that time then after a few months start deducting a bit to alow her to loose weight, if she starts putting on weight before then, then cut back earlier.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

spinney is offline Junior Member
    I Have a Lurcher who has such a delicate stomach that I fear feeding him anything else but his 'chappi' chicken/fish/rice tinned food. He does however enjoy fruit and veg, cheese and chicken. Raw bones got a really bad reaction. Shame really as he is a beautiful hunting dog. I wish I had the time to devote to his instinctual needs.

phigment is offline Senior Member
    hey everbody, i was wondering what your flea regime is like. i don't think that the flea drops are very healthy bou they do work. A natural food place says acv and garlic does well but it takes a couple of weeks to kill them. But then when i did some research i found out that garlic is bad and is a blood thinner for dogs. Also wondering about heart worm prevention. Thanks for any help in advance.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i just use flea pills from the vet :/
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast