Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal pet chatter =) page 12

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by OlyDogo View Post
    Canio--- I make provisions for them NOT to have to walk through or in my property for their safety and mine
    Fair enough. As you said, laws do change. As long as provisions are made then all is good.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

OlyDogo is offline Junior Member
    Rita let me explain a little bit more--- I have a 6 feet privacy fence all arnd my property as do all my adjacent neighbors’ and a few trees that at times need trimmed so they do not damage the power lines during the hurricane season, this is done by the government employees---when it time to trim my trees they do not just barge in, THE LAW WONT ALLOW IT ---they leave a note at my door with exact date and time which they intend to do the work--- I open the gates they come in do their thing, I fetch them a 12 pack of whatever their choice drink is (normally Mnt dew or Dr pepper) and shake their hands thanks and we move on--- THATS how it works in Florida always has since the day I moved here 20+ years ago.

I think that’s the way it should be and am very happy it is that way here, I wouldn’t live in any state where the government infringes in the citizens freedoms and I consider this a FREEDOM a RIGHT I have for being a good citizen, obeying my laws and paying my taxes.

I like my dogs to be FRIENDLY with FRIENDS--- BUT I also like strangers to think twice before jumping over that fence and if the do so---I want them to act and make them pay for trespassing.

Anyhow I think we gone way off topic LOL---
    O
    "If it is againts the law for a man to fend for himself ---then outlaw I am"

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Rita let me explain a little bit more--- I have a 6 feet privacy fence all arnd my property as do all my adjacent neighbors’ and a few trees that at times need trimmed so they do not damage the power lines during the hurricane season, this is done by the government employees---when it time to trim my trees they do not just barge in, THE LAW WONT ALLOW IT ---they leave a note at my door with exact date and time which they intend to do the work--- I open the gates they come in do their thing, I fetch them a 12 pack of whatever their choice drink is (normally Mnt dew or Dr pepper) and shake their hands thanks and we move on--- THATS how it works in Florida always has since the day I moved here 20+ years ago.

I think that’s the way it should be and am very happy it is that way here, I wouldn’t live in any state where the government infringes in the citizens freedoms and I consider this a FREEDOM a RIGHT I have for being a good citizen, obeying my laws and paying my taxes.

I like my dogs to be FRIENDLY with FRIENDS--- BUT I also like strangers to think twice before jumping over that fence and if the do so---I want them to act and make them pay for trespassing.

Anyhow I think we gone way off topic LOL---
    O
    Again, I would just check your local, state and federal laws to make sure that really is the law. For the most part, workers knock on your door as a courtesy to you (because you do sound like a nice person, to be honest) and to make entry easier for them. They're generally not required to do so.

Sad to say, even trespassers usually have rights with regarded to unattended lethal weapons and/or boobytraps. I know a lady who was sued (and lost) after someone broke into her house and was bitten by a dog in her house. She had to pay his medical bills along with pain and suffering. Really ticked me off, because she was a nice lady and the dog was fine, just protecting its owner. The guy never should have been in her house in the first place.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Well, it seems OlyDogo is right to an extent: Florida law protects man who pointed gun at FPL workers, Miami-Dade judge rules

In this case the homeowner pointed a weapon at the two utililty workers who climbed his fence to shut off his power. Charges against him(two felony counts of aggravated assault with a firearm, and a misdemeanor count of improper exhibition of a firearm) were dropped due to FL's 'stand your ground' law, which we also have in AZ.

However, he was charged with discharging a firearm unlawfully because the shot he fired in the air occured after the two had identied themselves (from the article 'The judge ruled that Vino was immune from prosecution "up to the point where he realized the two reasonably believed burglars were in fact FPL workers,'' meaning the shot fired in the air could still be an unlawful discharge.')

It also points out that despite other immunities to prosecution being granted, 'So far, no Miami-Dade judges have granted immunity to defendants charged with murder.'

I bring this up because like OlyDogo, I don't like people up in my business. I also respect gun/property owners. That said, I do not want him getting hemmed up if the law is not exactly as he thinks it is (which it may be. It's not like I am a lawyer.)

back to primal pets though...is there a primal treat that my dog will not chew through in 10 minutes? Bully sticks - gone. The only thing that works seems to be an antler but he gets bored of that. Himalayan chews I guess last about 30 minutes.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    is there a primal treat that my dog will not chew through in 10 minutes? Bully sticks - gone. The only thing that works seems to be an antler but he gets bored of that. Himalayan chews I guess last about 30 minutes.
    Might be possible to get some big cow bones from a butcher?

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Might be possible to get some big cow bones from a butcher?
    Possible, except he is a 23 pound dog and from what I have read larger bones (femur etc) can cause tooth breakage. Perhaps there is a way to flavor his antler so he chews on that more. I'll have to look around. Thanks for the response

I have 10 dogs at the moment and boy let me tell you if I had less dogs I would 100% feed raw they look so much stronger, HUNT longer and the clean up is so much easier--- BUT with so many its rather more convinient to feed kibble --- maybe if I found a good butcher I could get plenty to feed raw, then I would have to worry about storage and so on--- NOW if I had two I wouldnt think it twice.

Canio go to the market and buy you some soup bones around 3 to 4 inches or more and about 2 inches in diameter and give it to him RAW (never cook) it will not splinter and he will stay busy for hours getting at the merrow after he has finished the merrow buy peanut butter, fill the hole up and freeze it once its frozen solid give it back--- you wont see him for days, LOL.

Canio go to the market and buy you some soup bones around 3 to 4 inches or more and about 2 inches in diameter and give it to him RAW (never cook) it will not splinter and he will stay busy for hours getting at the merrow after he has finished the merrow buy peanut butter, fill the hole up and freeze it once its frozen solid give it back--- you wont see him for days, LOL.
    Hmm...that I could do. Sounds like a plan. Thanks!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap, I'D be willing to eat that!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast