Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal pet chatter =) page 11

mixie is offline Senior Member
    I love the charts starring "Boogie" the Boston!
    http://doggiedrawings.net/post/842176625
    Last edited by mixie; 02-27-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixie View Post
    I love the charts starring "Boogie" the Boston!
    — Dog Training-related Drawings
    Those are great!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

OlyDogo is offline Junior Member
    Not sure, BUT--- I have been arnd Dogs all my life and arnd Dogos for well over 12 years+ and not a single one I have meet has not spoken to me, they are par none the most expressive animals I have owned and handled--- it takes knowing them though and to be honest there is ALWAYS the one.

On a side note YES they are very quiet animals for the most part, they won’t waste time barking and or warning---YOU KNOW if you are suppose to be in their yard or not all they know is that they have NO CLUE who you are, what you are doing there and with what intension---truth is even though your job requires it---you really SHOULDN’T be trespassing---here in Florida that will get you not only bit but shot with little repercussions--- not sure what laws protect you in your state---here the ONLY way EVEN THE LAW can come in my house and or yard is with a warrant, I believe that is the way it should be--- YOU have NO RIGHT to trespass and if someone did I would HOPE and PRAY my dogs handle their business and gave me enough time to handle mine.

NOW if you are a FRIEND---then my dogs know you and you wouldn’t need to cross my line or jump over my fence---you would come right through the front door to tails wagging and slobber on your face, LOL.

IN ALL subjects its difficult when folks spread a blanket statement because there are so many variables NOT all two dogs are alike.

With much respect.
    "If it is againts the law for a man to fend for himself ---then outlaw I am"

Quote Originally Posted by OlyDogo View Post
    On a side note YES they are very quiet animals for the most part, they won’t waste time barking and or warning---YOU KNOW if you are suppose to be in their yard or not all they know is that they have NO CLUE who you are, what you are doing there and with what intension---truth is even though your job requires it---you really SHOULDN’T be trespassing---here in Florida that will get you not only bit but shot with little repercussions--- not sure what laws protect you in your state---here the ONLY way EVEN THE LAW can come in my house and or yard is with a warrant, I believe that is the way it should be--- YOU have NO RIGHT to trespass and if someone did I would HOPE and PRAY my dogs handle their business and gave me enough time to handle mine.
    With all due respect as well, I'm not trespassing (in the legal sense of the word) when I enter these yards. We have a legal easement for utilities and a contractual agreement allowing us to inspect or service our equipment (meters, lines, poles) on a 24/7 basis if people sign up to use our service.

Yes, I know there is a very high risk of being bitten or shot. I've already been threatened multiple times (being a woman actually makes that part easier) and kidnapped (locked in someone's yard when I did have their permission to be there). Yet another reason why my job is difficult, physically and mentally. But it's what I have to do to make a living, at least until I get laid off sometime this year.

In my very humble opinion, it isn't "wasting time" for a dog to bark at a stranger. It's a good thing. It warns someone off of a property, lessening the risk of the owner being sued for a bad bite or mauling (again, regardless of breed). Unfortunately, people don't seem to understand that there are legitimate and legal reasons for someone to be on their property, sometimes without the property owner's knowledge or consent, and it's these times that you would want a dog to bark or at least make its prescence known.

The animal is what he is and I wouldnt change it--- he cannot go againts his insticts for your convinience or your job, in a Protection and or hunting stand point barking is a waste of time and energy, I prefer an ACTION type dog.

I believe its a reagional thing RitaRose ---HONESTLY--- here in Florida what you are doing is considered TRESPASSING and WILL get you shot. I wouldnt have it and most Fl residents wouldnt either there is NO need for anyone to be in our properties what so ever.

I am an lay obaying citizen, I pay my taxes as hard as it is at times, I have a CCWP and my dogs are well kept and socialized, BUT because I PAY my taxes I believe it is MY RIGHT to determine who comes in my property and NO ONE ELSE--- Florida laws are great about that and has about the best castle doctrine in the US right next to Texas, Utah and Washington State--- it PROTECTS the OWNER, I wouldnt live in a place that was any diferent and they couldnt PAY ME enough to do the job you do Ma'am.

O

canio6 Guest
    I believe its a reagional thing RitaRose ---HONESTLY--- here in Florida what you are doing is considered TRESPASSING and WILL get you shot. I wouldnt have it and most Fl residents wouldnt either there is NO need for anyone to be in our properties what so ever.
    Not to be rude, but I lived in FL 20+ years, and I have to disagree. If the electric company rolls up in their truck, comes out in uniform, and comes to read your meter and you shoot him - yeah, in FL I believe that is a 25 year mandatory sentence. Unless things have really changed in the last 6 years or so, which I suppose is possible. Do you shoot at postal workers as well? What about the UPS guy?

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I've already been threatened multiple times (being a woman actually makes that part easier) and kidnapped (locked in someone's yard when I did have their permission to be there).
    Our meter is on the front/side of our house, meaning the reader doesn't have to go into the yard... and I'm not sure I've ever even seen a meter reader, but I think I'm going to have to find out when they're next going to be here and leave a batch of cookies hanging from the equipment ;0)
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Quote Originally Posted by mixie View Post
    Our meter is on the front/side of our house, meaning the reader doesn't have to go into the yard... and I'm not sure I've ever even seen a meter reader, but I think I'm going to have to find out when they're next going to be here and leave a batch of cookies hanging from the equipment ;0)
    You know, you're really started to grow on me...

The animal is what he is and I wouldnt change it--- he cannot go againts his insticts for your convinience or your job, in a Protection and or hunting stand point barking is a waste of time and energy, I prefer an ACTION type dog.

I am an lay obaying citizen, I pay my taxes as hard as it is at times, I have a CCWP and my dogs are well kept and socialized, BUT because I PAY my taxes I believe it is MY RIGHT to determine who comes in my property and NO ONE ELSE--- Florida laws are great about that and has about the best castle doctrine in the US right next to Texas, Utah and Washington State--- it PROTECTS the OWNER, I wouldnt live in a place that was any diferent and they couldnt PAY ME enough to do the job you do Ma'am.

O
    It probably IS different in every state, especially since utility companies are different depending on your region. But in the vast majority of area, utilities have an easement for every property that they service. Most are written into the purchase of the land (along with mineral rights, air space rights, etc) from before most of us were even born. If you get a copy of your title report, it's probably there and no one ever showed you. I'm not saying that's the case everywhere (it's not), just the vast majority of land titles have a utility easement.

Having said that, you absolutely have the right to defend your property from trespassers. Just be aware that being on the property without your permission does not always mean "trespassing" and therefore isn't always a defensible position when someone is injured on your property. If you're lucky, a jury would not show prejudice as to breed and say "Accidents happen". If you're not, they're (unfortunately) going to see certain breeds as unattended lethal weapons and the injured party will pretty much own your house.

Note: I have been bitten 3 times and threatened multiple times, never once charging the owner with any kind of neglect or registering a complaint, so I'm not the type that would sue you. I'm just letting you know that someone else might, and your position of "trespassing" most likely will not hold up in court, especially if it's a utility worker, Forest Service, Fire Department or a representative of a similar entity.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Canio--- I make provisions for them NOT to have to walk through or in my property for their safety and mine ---their is NO REASON what so ever for anyone to come through my property un-invited ---NONE--- if they did they would NOT be greeted with ay hip hooray--- NO ONE can trespass in the state of Florida--- Laws do change BUT since I been living here it has been like that and I can for sure reference a few good cases that I personally know of .

O

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast