Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are you feeding your carnivore? page 3

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Something tells me that domesticated cats would quickly die in the wild. Where are these carnivores going to get their meat? They better stumble upon A LOT of field mouses.

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Something tells me that domesticated cats would quickly die in the wild. Where are these carnivores going to get their meat? They better stumble upon A LOT of field mouses.
    That's why they diversify their palette .

Mice, birds, insects, lizards, bunnies, carrion, squirrel, rat, prairie dog, so on. Heck, a good bunny will last a couple of days. A squirrel for a day or more. The whole cat sleeping thing is how they conserve energy. Its usually a kill, relax for an hour, hunt, kill, repeat.

I probably keep a bit more meat on my cats then a wild cat would...they are not overweight, but they are not super skinny either. They have a nice 'mouse pouch' as some put it. I also have two super active bengal cats that require more grub then most. I think in the wild they might nap more rather then running around like goof balls all day long chasing wand toys and paper balls.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    wanted to update this post with my results. earlier in the thread i had mentioned i have been feeding my cats grain free cat food with little results. its now been nearly a year of grain free food and my biggest kitty has lost 6 lbs (20 to 14) and is SOOO much more active. she actually jumps up into my lap now where before she would just lay on the floor next to me. her coat is also now very soft and shiny.
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123