Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick My Fat Self Up & Start All Over Again page

PrimalPotter is offline Senior Member

Pick My Fat Self Up & Start All Over Again

Primal Fuel
    PB isn't hard, really. It's my brain that is hard. I'd start PB, put a few weeks together, then because of <insert some reason here> I'd make bad choices & end up on the sugar track, again. I'm 57, obese, and I just found out I'm diabetic. Of course, the doctor wants me to take drugs, monitor my blood daily, see a hospital nutritionist about what to eat (as if they know). I politely declined & said, "I know exactly what to do. I'll be back in 3 months for another blood test. If I've made no progress, I'm willing to discuss drugs."

Then I went through my kitchen and got rid of EVERYTHING which is not specifically primal. Sugar, flour, brown rice...gone. I'm an artisan cake maker; I got rid of all of that stuff, too. My neighbor bakes for her family so I gave it all to her. That phase of my life is over. I have no regrets and I'm not looking back. Kept a couple of muffin pans for making primal muffin/breakfasts. There are probably some recipes out there for cakes which fit in better with Primal eating, but I don't care. Screw cake. My focus is on movement & strength training & eating the Primal way.

There is really only one other person in my life who understands what I'm doing. You folks do. It's good to have your support. Today for breakfast I had an omelette with a bit of cheese & half an avocado. For lunch I'm having some chicken thighs I baked last night & a bunch of broccoli. I brought a hard-boiled egg & a satsuma for a snack, if I need it, but I still feel pretty satisfied. I've got pork ribs in the crock pot. I think I'll eat my pork tonight with some spiced carrots and a kale & avocado salad.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck- I used to bake as well, and now spend my creativity on making meat and veggies- sounds like you are off to a great start....

Thanks magnolia1973. I feel good about my decision. No more baking...except for pots in the kiln. Looking forward to a nice walk tonight after I get home from work. And then...PORK!

Day 6...gotta be quick. Last night I got out for a really nice walk before enjoying my crock pot pork. My back (bothering me since a slip & fall on the ice about 10 days ago) is feeling better. Today: Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs & a green smoothie with coconut milk, kale, couple of carrots & some frozen blueberries. Lunch: Left over crock pot pork ribs, leftover 1/2 sweet potato & a bunch of broccoli. Dinner: Salmon, zucchini, kale avocado salad. Workout: resistance training with my praxis.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Hey another "mud flinger" has joined the ranks! You're the first potter I've found on MDA. So excited to see you are changing your diet instead of popping pills. Look forward to reading about your success!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I used to make pottery as well and was thinking about getting started up again, haha, my dinnerware set is being broken one flying cat at a time!

GoLisaGo is offline Senior Member
    Good for you for taking control! You are going to rock those labs the next time!!!!
    There's a crack inside of everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
    Journal, From Sick to Fit: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45653.html

Day 7

Yay Potters & Other Mud Lovin' Folks & thanks for the kind words goLisago ...Slight change to last night's plan. The salmon was frozen. Quite by accident. So, more leftover pork, a salad & a steamed artichoke. I know...artichokes are just an excuse to eat mayonnaise. Oh, but it was yummy. This morning's breakfast was a cheese omelette (light on the cheese) & avocado. Lunch was...leftover pork! And broccoli. I usually get really sick of leftovers quickly, but this crock pot pork is SO good. I only have a couple more meal's worth left. Tonight I shall go foraging. I have a class. Fortunately there's a good store nearby where I can easily get Primal food. It's a nice walk from where my class is, so I'll park at class & do the walk. Last night I was going to work out with my Praxis, but I was feeling sore...partly from new exercise, and partly from that fall on the ice, so I did some yoga, instead. Felt like a million bucks when I woke up this morning. I still have that annoying pain in my back, but it's bearable & will go away, eventually.

What's today...day 9? No posts yesterday because I was too busy LIVING to spend time hunkered in front of the computer. I feel physically really, really good. The memory of which to hold onto when I'm faced with a choice between Primal and...that other stuff.

Went to the dentist first thing in the a.m. Interesting experience with a new dentist. I find the dental chair quite comfy, but he tilted it way, way back to where I felt as though I was practically standing on my head. I could feel my spine elongating. A pleasant sensation. He did what he needed to do (crown prep) & when I got up from the chair my back felt the best it has felt in a while. So, I'm going to make myself a slant board for watching tv. I figure that hour or so that I spend watching some crap can be put to good use....healing my back! When the weather gets warm I can haul it outside & watch the birds while the cat walks all over me. After the dentist I went to the pottery studio & put in 11 relatively pain-free hours. Came home & had a BAS. It will be spring, soon. Asparagus & strawberries.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am impressed with your decision and am proud of you. Total strangers can still be proud of other people, right? Way to go. I wouldn't be surprised if all those numbers diabetics talk about are normal in just a few more days. Bodies are so incredibly responsive to what we do to them -- and so incredibly brilliant at healing when we do the right thing. Your meals all sound yummy, and now you can use some of those hours in the day playing with mud instead of with toxic grains and sugars. Pretty darn cool! Yep, I'm excited for you. Of course, when you start looking absolutely trim and fit, you'll have to deal with the baking neighbor needing to get rid of all the stuff you gave her when she goes primal:-)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast