Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Pick My Fat Self Up & Start All Over Again page 9

PrimalPotter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Rode 9 miles, yesterday. Hilly miles, btw, no easy jaunts along the beach boardwalk. Although part of it felt that way. Rode down to the bike/walking path along Elliott Bay. Beautiful day, sunny but still cool. The new slicks should come in tomorrow. I think I'll try commuting to work a couple of days per week starting Thursday. See how it goes. I have all of the gear. I can ride the 7 miles one way, then 4.5 miles back to where I can pick up a bus which will take me up the hill and home. Eventually I'll be able to ride both ways, but I don't want to stress my knees by pushing too hard. The strength will come, as well as losing weight. Pushing 200+ lbs uphill on a bike is hard work. I'll get there.

I went to a Cinco de Mayo party last Saturday night. I made myself try some light beer. Surprisingly drinkable, which is shocking coming from a microbrew snob such as myself. But hey, the buzz is the same when it comes right down to it, and at only 2.6 carbs per beer it had zero effect on my blood glucose level. It's relatively low alcohol, too. I tested throughout the evening to be sure but all was well. So, at least I have that as an option. Wish I could find some low carb watermelon!

Overall, though, my bgL has been in the normal range. Even my fasting levels, for the last two mornings. We're getting there!

Still riding the bike. I commuted to work on Thursday. My thighs got really tired. Yesterday I did a 14 mile ride during "Bicycle Sunday" on Lk Washington. All was cool until a five-year-old blew by me on a his little bicycle. I was completely humiliated.

Someone on Bike Forums asked what I plan to do about it...I'll keep riding. Build strength, endurance and speed. Then go back to Bicycle Sunday and wipe the floor with that little b*****rd.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I want you to go back to your first post in your journal. Could that person ride a bike to work? What did that persons blood work look like? Did that person ride a bike on bicycle Sunday? You've made huge progress in 4 months! Be proud of yourself!

Now go kick some 5 yr old booty!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I want you to go back to your first post in your journal. Could that person ride a bike to work? What did that persons blood work look like? Did that person ride a bike on bicycle Sunday? You've made huge progress in 4 months! Be proud of yourself!

Now go kick some 5 yr old booty!
    I took your advice & read my first entry. I remember how I was feeling that day. Pretty darn defeated. I rode my bike to work again, today. It was just that much easier than last time. If I'm not run over by a truck or attacked by a gang of plastic light saber-wielding 5-year-olds, I should be able to ride fast enough to overtake butterflies by the end of summer! Hee.

The blood glucose thing is tricky. I'm still trying to get the hang of it.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Yay you! It's all the little things that add up to big success!

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    You are doing fabulously. I want to get a bike but the problem is in our semi rural area there are no bike paths and the roads have steep drop offs on both sides in some places. I'm just plain afraid to ride along them. I want one of those tricycle ones, have to save up my pennies.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

The trike looks like fun. Not sure how far/fast you can go, but hey, it beats sitting on the couch!

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    I found a nice used one for $500. I may be able to get it at the end of the month if it doesn't sell, I will be getting a bit of cash in my hand then. I could keep it in the van and go down and ride at the beach.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Yesterday I rode 17.25 miles (27.76 km). My quads crapped on me at around the 12 mile mark. I had to walk up the big hill at the end. From the big hill to almost home was flat or mild enough grade that I could push the cranks, but I was WIPED when I got home. Nice ride, though. Today was a strength training day for my upper body. I had hoped to get out in the kayak today, but it's been drizzling rain all day. So, work out was with the Praxis. This exercise business has become the center of my life. Eventually it will just become part of day-to-day living, but for now I'm rather obsessed. Exercising and keeping my blood sugars normal. It's tiresome. But I am enjoying the bike.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I did it! I got my A1C done last week. Got a glowing email from my doctor saying I had achieved my blood sugar level goal through diet & I don't need to take any medication for T2 diabetes. 6 months of primal eating has paid off. My next goal is to drop some weight, which requires more (regular) movement. I am a lazy sod. No getting around it. OK...and less beer.

Haven't been plugged in too much of late. Summer is here in the PNW & I am sucking in as much D as I possibly can before the rains descend. Summer has shortened, it seems. We used to have July/Aug/Sept for summer weather. Now it's Aug/Sept. New ice age coming? Better start practicing with my bow.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast