Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fat fasting page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I found the article. Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting | The Bulletproof Executive He explains exactly how it makes me feel. I guess I did stumble on something. I even do my coffee half decaf and don't use fancy coffee, fancy MCT oil or grass-fed butter and it still works. I use fair-trade decaf coffee, ordinary coconut oil and ghee, the kind in a blue jar with a picture of a cow on it. To that I add fair-trade unsweetened chocolate.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppyg1rl View Post
    Hi
    Yes my crp is 97, it's actually decreased, as in May it was 106 and I was hospitalised for 2 weeks with breathing difficulties, my lungs are affected and I'm due to have my ribs operated with a view to removal in March.
    Thanks Poppy X
    Well, I wish you the best of luck, and will hope that primal allows you to make a dramatic recovery. I'd love to see you in one of Mark's success stories.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Okay, I found the article. Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting | The Bulletproof Executive He explains exactly how it makes me feel. I guess I did stumble on something. I even do my coffee half decaf and don't use fancy coffee, fancy MCT oil or grass-fed butter and it still works. I use fair-trade decaf coffee, ordinary coconut oil and ghee, the kind in a blue jar with a picture of a cow on it. To that I add fair-trade unsweetened chocolate.
    Does he talk about in the book how decaf coffee is bad for you?

I have no idea. I don't really follow his blog. I got the decaf because I think they are lying to me. I have to pee a million times after drinking it so I think it isn't really decaf, and if it is decaf, I would hate to see what the regular would do to me. It's some kind of special fair-trade stuff.

Sbhikes (hey, small world, I'm a Gaucho & used to work at Baskin Robbins on State Street),

I totally write about why decaf is bad for you, even swiss water process. The reason is that caffeine is an antifungal agent, and when you strip it from the beans, they mold very quickly in normal humidity areas.

The reason you have to pee all the time on decaf isn't because it has caffeine, it's because it has mycotoxins, probably ochratoxin derived from aspergillus or fusarium, which is particularly hard on your kidneys. Your need to pee is your body trying to flush it as fast as possible so it does less damage to your body.

Interestingly, normal coffee also makes me pee a lot, as it does for most people. 91.7% of South American coffee has mycotoxins in it according to the most recent survey I can find. But my coffee - the stuff processed and grown according to my recommended methods - does NOT cause the need to pee like other coffees. It's all about the toxins.

Do yourself a favor, and either try my coffee or, at least use this method to find the best, lowest toxin coffee in your city. Or just stop drinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I have no idea. I don't really follow his blog. I got the decaf because I think they are lying to me. I have to pee a million times after drinking it so I think it isn't really decaf, and if it is decaf, I would hate to see what the regular would do to me. It's some kind of special fair-trade stuff.

I see. I will have to find better coffee. I have to say this coffee smells and tastes great despite it's fungus. Best coffee I've ever had, actually.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    I've had the same experience with BP Coffee, definite fat loss and easing of hunger pangs. I'm having a mug right now, and I work out in 30 minutes, so we'll see how that experiment goes. Wish me luck!

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    Finished my workout on nothing but about 8oz of bulletproof. Not a bid difference, did a few more pull-ups than usual, but more importantly, I didn't get cramps or reflux or anything. It looks like this might be a pre-workout breakfast for me.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Not all decaf is bad per se. There are two ways to process out the caffeine and the water process won't hurt you.

I tried decreasing my caffeine once in increments. 3 to 1 caffeine to decaf, then 2 to 1, and so on. By the time I got to only 25% caffeinated, I noticed I was drinking two pots of coffee a day. LOL, guess I'm just an addict. I stopped and now just like jump starting my heart in the morning.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I totally write about why decaf is bad for you, even swiss water process. The reason is that caffeine is an antifungal agent, and when you strip it from the beans, they mold very quickly in normal humidity areas
    my decaf coffee beans dont smell funky which i would expect if they were moulding. i can tolerate them freshly ground but i prefer the real thing. i would also much rather do a BP coffee fast than a potato fast myself and have been thinking about it for a while.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast