Thread: Newbie, and a little nervous! page

Lizzelbeth is offline Junior Member

Smile Newbie, and a little nervous!

Shop Now
    Hello! I'm just now getting into this thing. My boyfriend who as an account here has ad amazing results and got me on the bandwagon. My only complaint is: does this really help lose weight for women? I'm about 5'5" and 149 pounds. I'm willing to commit my mind (and money lol) to this, but I'm scared it won't give me results Im looking for. Any advice?

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    yeah, stop being scared of that.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, come on board to a new and healthier you.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Check out Mark's Primal Blueprint 101 series: Primal Blueprint 101 | Mark's Daily Apple

And then dig in! Give yourself some time to "learn the ropes" and tweek your own eating plan. Be compassionate with yourself and patient with your new lifestyle. This is not a Cabbage Soup-esque "I gotta lose 20 pounds by next week" gimmick. Accept the fact that's you WILL cheat and it's okay! There are important lessons to be learned when you slip up on PB, it's part of the process. Just get back on that Primal Pony.
    Also, you will be showered with a plethora of benefits, other than gaining a smokin' hot bod. Hmm, how about perfect skin? Shiny hair? Better breath and BO? Getting all your beauty sleep? Handling the stresses of everyday life like a Tibetan monk? Better sex life? More people who WANT to have sex with you? Lowered BP? Joint aches and gut pains gone? Getting it?
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Oohhhh I do like that last part. Thankfully I have a boyfriend willing to help me out in my struggles

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Nope, sorry. Women are a completely different species that evolved to live on an optimal diet of slimfast shakes and weight watchers meals ;-)
    Have a look at the before and after picture thread and I'm sure you'll find enough proof to calm your nerves.

Just relax and have fun eating real food, if you slip and eat something less than primal it's no big deal, just make a better choice for your next meal, and move on. Don't beat yourself up over it. Oh, and have patience. Enjoy your new lifestyle
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Like others have said... I think you can stop being afraid of not getting results!
    I'm 4 weeks in (female, 29, 5'8) and switched to primal from a pretty darn healthy "before" diet. In the first 2-3 weeks I dropped 10 pounds of grain bloat and body fat without purposeful exercise and even amidst family drama galore. I haven't weighed myself in the past week, so I'm not sure where I am now, but there was majorly visible difference in my body just 3 weeks in!
    Keep in mind you'll probably lose some and then maybe plateau- the scale may be fickle, but your body composition will change and the scale doesn't always reflect that. Use the mirror and before and after pics as your proof!

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzelbeth View Post
    Hello! I'm just now getting into this thing. My boyfriend who as an account here has ad amazing results and got me on the bandwagon. My only complaint is: does this really help lose weight for women? I'm about 5'5" and 149 pounds. I'm willing to commit my mind (and money lol) to this, but I'm scared it won't give me results Im looking for. Any advice?
    Welcome! I'm 30, female, 5'4", and 6 months ago I weighed 147 lbs. I started with just cutting out grains and sugar. Then over time I tweaked my diet to be more primal. I drink red wine and have dark chocolate a few times a week, and I don't feel deprived at all. I didn't increase my exercise until a few weeks ago. I'm now 20 lbs. lighter, stronger, and have tons more energy. It does work! Having the support you do is HUGE!

you guys are so nice! and very supportive! Its nice to have people who've been in my shoes helping me along my journey