Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have that ripped, Grok body? page 3

misathemeb is offline Member

Primal Fuel

when i go home i'll post a photo of me today. i have a shot of "soft chronic cardio queen" from last summer june 2009 and i'm shocked at what i look like now. 5lb weights and bodyweight exercises combined with cutting out the grains has made a world of difference. wonder if losing dairy would do anything? i started PB in late august/early sept

Nicki25 Guest

@ BarbeyGirl: Oh you are such a doll! I was worried you might think I was bashing you. New to the forum, yaaay for moderate, level-headed and sweet PB'ers.

@misathemeb: We have similar stories. I do suggest trying a period of cutting out dairy. I was soooooo resistant to the idea. Loved cheese, milk, EVERYTHING dairy. But when I did, I has fantastic results. In fact, I think I may have been slightly allergic to milk! Beyond body composition, I noticed a reduction in excema, skin troubles, and stomach bloating. I was so happy! and now I don't even miss it. When I do, I have just a smidge.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

@Jess -- Cool! Your email hasn't come through yet, but I'm watching for it!

@LtC -- *blush* Thanks.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Queen of the Jungle is offline Junior Member

haha *snort*

No, I'm not lean. I've lost 20 lbs, and I still have at least 40 lbs to lose. Right now, my goal is to live long, be healthy, and look good with clothes ON, lol.

Maybe one day, I'll start worrying about body fat percentages (stranger things have happened).

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member

I am liking the civilized nature of this discourse, myself...

I wish I knew how to post pics. (I tried and failed miserably.)

The pic I have that illustrates me most ripped is a Crossfit "pukie" photo----me throwing up into a wastebasket, deltoids nicely cut for a 51 year old woman. I was ripped all right---but I was about to blow.

I shudder now to think of what I put my body through on a regular basis. In retrospect, I wish I had done Crossfit WODs maybe twice a week, tops, and enjoyed dance, yoga and leisurely cycling more. I might have avoided the spine injuries that landed me twice on the operating room table and just now emerging from almost two years of recovery!

Sooze

Plaid Dad is offline Junior Member

I'm still a squishy teddy bear, but much stronger than when I started PB back in November. I don't know if I'll ever be ripped, but I feel better than I have in years. Those of you who are really lean and strong are a great inspiration!

misathemeb is offline Member

disclaimer: i am by no means totally ripped but this is a 10lb improvement over my "soft" former self. first photo is 125lb (JUNE 2009) and 25-30mpw running & no strength training. not overweight but just soft

AFTER PB & introducing some strength training (today feb 17...apologies for the terrible light it was dark when i got home 115lb at 5'4 starting to get abs though!

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

looking good Misa! Keep up the good work!!

I grok, therefore I am.

vonterschpe Guest

I'm not sure I would describe myself as ripped. I've got some muscle from my sporadic Jiu Jitsu training. I'm 6foot 3 inches tall so I'm pretty lean. I have no idea how primal I am because I usually eat whatever is cheap and available. I'm a college student at Iowa State University and have no money or time. The benefit of having no money is that I guess I'm almost always IFing

My real passion is jogging/running. I jog the mile to class every morning, jog back for lunch (cheese usually), then jog back to my afternoon classes, and then jog back home again in the evening. Then on the weekends I usually put in around 12 miles depending on how far I feel like jogging. I try to eat a high fat, high protein, and low carb diet to keep that steady fuel when I'm jogging. I eat a lot of dairy (cottage cheese, cheese, milk, yogurt, etc) because its cheap and available. I'm currently lacking in the protein department because I can't afford meat or a protein supplement. The only carbs I really ever get are from fruits or veggies (I have friends who get them for free from dining centers on campus!) or from pizza. Pizza is my vice. I'm not gonna give it up. lol.

I'm training for a marathon this summer and plan on running one day of RAGBRAI (its a bike ride across Iowa that last a week with each day about 60 miles) If i can manage those two runs my hope is to do an ultra (100 miles) next fall sometime. The longest run I've ever done was 16 miles and that was a year and a half ago. I run and walk around barefoot all the time; yes, even in the cold

I guess I'm pretty primal, but it's not really completely by choice. I love running and I eat high fat, low carb because it makes my slow long jogs easier. My body is not "ripped" but I'm very lean and have some reasonable muscles. I hate lifting weights and just jog/sprint and practice jiu jitsu.

I have no idea how to post pictures on here, and if i can figure it out I'll put one up.

Finally, i just feel like venting some frustration. I'm in college and surrounded by good looking girls. Cute, lean, hot, etc, but when i get to know them a little more they are all shallow. I've been finding that they are all slim because they either (1) Have ridiculously high metabolism and eat whatever or (2) Don't eat anything because they are insecure about their bodies. I'm so frustrated. I wan't to meet people (not just girls, but they are def important) who eat because they know whats right. I want to meet girls who enjoy exercising and don't just suffer through it. I wan't to meet girls who are confident and not insecure. Maybe some of you can help me out with this. Where do I meet girls/people like this?

Now I'm frustrated. lol. Time for a run

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

No, but I will be.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast