Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Do you have that ripped, Grok body? page 21

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Taken about a year, but, yes, I'm pretty much there. Pics soon, I suppose...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars86 View Post
    I've been high-fat, low-carb for a couple years and fully primal for about 7 months now. In those 7 months I haven't been lifting weights at all, just staying active through climbing and other activities, and have dropped from 173lbs to around 162. I had to eat a lot and lift a couple times a week to stay in the 170's and it just wasn't worth the effort for me to keep 10 extra pounds of vanity muscle. Climbing seems to have a way of restructuring you for better strength:weight. I haven't had an official body composition test done, but from the range my Tanita scale reports, I'd guess in the neighborhood of 5%.

I've been restructuring my diet a bit to add in more carbs. Very lean composition + intense activities doesn't seem to give great endurance. Adding more fruits, sweet and other potatoes, beets, etc seem to be helping in that respect.

Attachment 3990Attachment 3994
    Impressive without weights

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    I'd say I'm getting there. Currently about 10% body fat. Started Paleo at 213 lbs on March 4th of this year (2012) and currently weigh 169. I've been 90% Paleo since the beginning and evolved an 80/10/10 approach to my weekly training time which seems to work best for me. 80% low heart rate jogging, walking or hiking (3 to 5 hours per week), 10% Sprint or Hill Repeats all out and 10% strength training. You can follow my Paleo journey from the beginning on my Facebook diary - link below. Good luck!

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Not fully ripped, but pretty close.DEC 11.jpg
    Last edited by smilingjustalittlebit; 08-10-2012 at 02:34 AM.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Not fully ripped, but pretty close.DEC 11.jpg
    Looking good. My husband has been doing it for approx 10 weeks and is looking great. His stomach has gone!!! Pretty much like yours. Annoyiny I have been doing it far longer with more compliance and no where near as good results.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Thank you. I do train a fair bit as well though. That pic was taken in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I can assure you I wasn't quite so lean by the end of the 3 weeks
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021