Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello ...Again page

Victoria is offline Senior Member

Hello ...Again

Shop Now
    Decided to get back on track properly.

Found Primal in 2010 and had some successes, then let myself slide off.

2012 is going to be my year I've decided. My mother and I have a little friendly competition to drop weight/dress sizes by the time my parents visit me in September... She's doing it the conventional wisdom way (Slimming World in the UK), and I'm going to use The Primal Blueprint. We both want to lose 40-50lbs ideally ....

Having already experimented a bit I know I have to watch how much dairy I eat, and avoid primal substitutions as much as possible (a cookie is still a cookie!).

I started beginning of the year, and managed to maintain about 80% primal and lost 10lbs (the holiday excesses). Now comes the part of losing the stubborn stuff

Figured I'd get back on here and keep myself accountable.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back Victoria!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thanks

Weighed myself yesterday.

I started January weighing 210lbs.

Jan 30th I was down to 201lbs

Yesterday I was 199lbs.

And due to the weights I've been lifting, my muscles are feeling good! Ha! Love it. Having a rest day today as I'm feeling a bit weary from my workouts (and the fact I've not eaten enough this week). Happy the numbers are going in the right direction, but I'm more interested in losing the inches.

I've got to get my hubby on this lifestyle ... the doc just told him he's got to lose 50-60lbs because he's been diagnosed diabetic ... if he can lose the weight he won't need shots.

Maybe he'll give it a go now ...
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Eating this way has dropped my blood sugar from around 165 to 110.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Good to know! I will tell the hubby.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Hi Victoria - like you, I found Primal in 2010 and had some successes, then let myself slide off. Since restarting in mid August I have lost 11.8 kgs (26 lbs) and 76cms (30.5"). Knock off all grains, have a couple of protein only days each week, try to keep carbs under 30 - I reckon you can o it.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Yes I'm determined this time. Should be easier now that my husband is prepared to start primal eating too

Actually, last week he ordered 40lbs of elk meat and 40lbs of bison meat for us ....

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Actually, last week he ordered 40lbs of elk meat and 40lbs of bison meat for us ....
    Oh my! That not so little lot will keep you eating Primally for a while!
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast