Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Pregnancy Journal (Bunty) page 3

jostle is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Haven't had a chance to update, but typical food for a day is to get in grass fed beef, 18-24oz of raw milk, a couple eggs, cod liver oil, couple servings of random veggies and a serving of fruit. Days we're not able to intake enough cals, we usually take a prenatal or Damage Control Advanced Health Formula. Workouts everyday before bed have been push ups, BW squats, and planks. We'll be trying to take a canoe trip this Saturday down one of the local rivers to get in some of this awesome sun.

3/11

BFast: 16 oz raw milk

Lunch:1/2LB grass fed beef patties, a couple carrots

Dinner:

maba is offline Senior Member

Jostle, you'd asked about genetic testing on my thread. In case you missed it, here it is:

@jostle: I think the genetic screening is optional. When we went for our first check up w/ the OB, she recommended some tests considering my age, race etc. We wanted to get this one done. It was just an ultrasound to test the thickness of the baby's neck muscle. It was within the acceptable range. If it's not, then they ask you to go for genetic counselling. They also drew my blood, don't know when I'll get the results of the blood-test though.

maba is offline Senior Member

Does your wife take pre-natals only on some days or everyday? I've been taking mine everyday, but I don't feel very good about taking 8000 IU of Vitamin A(out of which ~ 3800 is beta-carotene). WAPF advises against taking pre-natals, especially synthetic vitamin A. I haven't been good about eating organ meats, raw milk etc. But I'm considering dropping the pre-natals and taking only folic acid (which I was taking before getting pregnant) once I get my diet part right.

I read the post in your journal just didn't get a chance to comment. I know my wife had a couple extra blood tests requested by the OB, due to family history things. I'm assuming everything was fine or they would have contacted us. Guess we will find out the detailed results on the visit tomorrow. I can't wait, tomorrow we get to do a 1hr tour of the birthing center and then right after visit with the OB for an updated look at the little guy.

The vitamins are only on some days, when she feels there wasn't enough intake of food. You probably know better than me, some days she just cant consume enough volume to reach good vitamin levels. The prenatal vitamins she has taken were various ones from the first visit samples, but she usually takes Mark's Advance Health supplement on days she feels a need to supplement. The only organ meat we eat is grass fed cow liver and probably about once a week. I'm also trying to use grated frozen liver in ground beef recipes, so we can get it more often.

3/11

Dinner: 3 Eggs,beef jerky, tomato, spinach, 8oz glass of milk, 1/4C of homemade mousse, dry suausage

I.N. Guest

To prevent toxoplasmosis and other diseases generated by aliments, food should be prepared at a temperature that is higher than 63-71 degrees Celsius. When heating an aliment, the heat must land uniformly on it. An especial attention needs to be given to low power microwave ovens - http://www.childwiki.com/index.php/Toxoplasmosis

The birthing center visit was fun and very informative. We chatted and toured the facility that seemed more like a well furnished home, with leather sofas in the waiting room, comfy bed, large jacuzzi tub, and multiple "birthing helpers" in the birth rooms. I also was reassured by the head midwife by her comments and attitude that we can have a natural birth with our OB in the hospital setting. Well probably be touring a couple hospitals recommend by friends and the birthing center midwife that are more supportive in having a natural birth. One thing she did mention was the help of a doula, which we will be seriously looking into if going the hospital route.

After the birthing center we went across the street to the OB office and got to see the little guy. It was cool trip and got to see him jump. All labs from the first visit came back good and he is right on schedule as far as development with a strong heart beat.

Now to the adventure part of our weekend"

Three months pregnant and somehow I convinced my wife to go on a canoe trip Sunday. The trip started off well enough down a steep 15'-20' 60 decline to portage into the river for a 2-3 hr trip. This particular river isn't the most traveled, if traveled at all and we ended up hitting blockages at least 12-15 times on the trip. These weren't small trees either, but huge branch and trash dams making the river impassible without portage. Portage around was no cake walk either, up a 60+ incline out of the river, trek thru thicket of poison ivy, oak, brush, and then down another steep incline to get the canoe back on the river. Luckily. most the time i could just drag the canoe up,dwn,& thru the woods and let my wife follow the path. So all in all the toll was 5-6hrs, cuts, bruises, and utter exhilaration to be done. She was not happy during the trip as I could see why since most sane people probably wouldn't even attempt such a trip.

One thing that still makes me smile is at the take out we had to move the canoe probably a good 1/2 mile to mile up hill and gravel to be able to load it onto a truck. I drug it most the way and she helped a couple times, but we stopped about half way so I could go ahead and check if there was a way in for the truck. As I'm about a hundred yards away from the canoe, I hear a noise behind me. My wife has the front handle of the canoe in one hand and is dragging it up my way. Of course i told her to stop, but I've got to say my wife is one of the strongest people I've met both physically and emotionally.

One more try at keeping this up to date.

3/29

1/2lb grass fed ground beef cooked in beef tallow, carrots, and some onions

kiwi

Workouts: 3/week

Just started the 100 Push ups in 7 weeks program.

Day 3 of the Intermediate level 1 schedule will be tomorrow. Also, will be attempting to do some sort of stationary bike riding 3/week.

3/29 Cont.

Dinner:

4 eggs scrambled in a couple TBS of coco oil, spinach, mushrooms, slice of bacon, fuji apple, 10-12 cashews, and prenatal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Easter weekend wasn't good with a fish fry on Friday and candy filled Sunday. We did get a chance to make some primal coconut muffins with just a small bit of honey for the batch of 24. For every two muffins you ate, it was basically like eating one large egg. All the family liked em and even the kids except some comments that the dark chocolate chunks were a little strong.
    This Monday we got back to 100% primal and thankfully, cause the veggie oils and sugar definitely did a number on us.
    The 100 Push-up workout is going good and should be concluding week 2 this week.

4/5
    Food:
    grass fed patty, sausage link, 2 carrots
    3 eggs scrambled in coco oil, cup of prune juice, orange, 2 carrots

Workout:
    Week 2 Day 2 100 Push Ups workout on Intermediate Lvl1

4/6
    3/4-1lb of grass fed grnd beef cooked in a heavy grass fed beef tallow with mushrooms

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast