Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating page

I've recently started living primal (and i love it!), but i find it difficult to explain in social situations and dating for example. If a guy asks me out to have pizza how would i answer that?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

if you're doing non-dairy you could tell him you're lactose intolerant.

Or tell him you can't tolerate wheat/grains (true) and suggest another place to go.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

RogerDeRok is offline Member

I haven't dated anyone since going primal, but I imagine that would hinder dinner dates. You could always plan to eat before meeting and then do a movie or go out to do something else.

Tarlach is offline Member

It might be easier for a female to introduce the idea to guys...

Just say you eat like a caveman (or carnivorous) and want real meat for dinner. Guys should be able to accept that and be happy to go for a steak for dinner, rather than pasta or something anyway.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Nick Guest

There's a word for a lady who downs a huge steak or a couple of pounds of barbecue on a first date: keeper.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

LOL- I was sorta wondering about this too. Nick... too funny.

Madame P is offline Junior Member

The Cosmo-type magazines caution against seeming like an overly picky eater on the first couple of dates, and I actually agree with them on this. It might imply that you're high maintenance. Just make sure the restaurant has something primal, order it, and don't explain anything unless you're asked. Most guys don't think twice when a woman orders a grilled chicken salad.

jpippenger Guest

What about choosing restaurants where you can order meals that are primal without seeming picky? Mongolian BBQ is a pretty good style. You can load up a bowl of meat and veggies and spices, you are stuck using whatever oil they use for the grill.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

"There's a word for a lady who downs a huge steak or a couple of pounds of barbecue on a first date: keeper. " Ha ha ha! But next thing ya know, she'll be grabbing the remote!

BTW, what's a date?..........

As my pounds shed, I expect the womens to flock to me, no?

Conan Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I would prefer a woman who eats salad to one who eats pizza, nachos, and hot dogs as I'm sure most men would. I think women think to much about what men are thinking about their every little action on a date. We are not as complicated as most of you think we are. If we are attracted to you and like your personality, then the rest doesn't really matter. Despite what you think we aren't analyzing your every word, your shoes, your makeup, etc. Your girlfriends might be, but we sure aren't. In some ways, the male brain is still very primal when it comes to relationships .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast