Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dating page 3

grandma is offline Member

Primal Fuel

I don't know..... I think "I'm primal" might have a similar effect as sammylou was suggesting. If you are built like coach tara and can do handstand pushups it may not matter what you say.... AHAHA.

(once again dating advice from a 6' 200lb man name gandma may not be the advice you are looking for.... and I'm OK with that)

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

OTB: I would def consider that your 20% for the week or so. GOOD french bread and (Im assuming cultured) butter are hard to come by. You may be surprised though, and not eat as much as you think.

RE: Dating.

I havent had any issues at all. I suppose thats due to the actual lack of dates, lol. But even in social situations, its easy to find primal stuff when youre out.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Conan Guest

I prefer meat-eating women to vegeterians. There is just something about not eating meat that seems fundamentally wrong to me. Not sure I could make things work with a vegetarian woman. She would probably be disgusted with all the meat I eat anyways.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Ever dated a man-eater Conan?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

RogerDeRok is offline Member

I don't see any reason to lie or make up excuses, just say you have dietary restrictions due to the way you choose to live. There's so much more you can do on dates besides eat.

It would be an ideal situation to meet a girl who was also primal though, would make meal times easier and thus lead to spending more time together, etc.

A meat eating girl is way more awesome than a vegetarian hahaha. More appealing too.

So which of you primal ladies are single? hahahaha

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

LOL Roger. A Primal dating site? Hmm... not a bad idea. Not like my dating life can get worse.

So far I've just gone with not saying anything until the meal is on the table, or opting for a casual "coffee" date at first. That at least allows for enough conversation to bring up lifestyle choices.

Could you believe that I was out on a date, and when I ordered my meal with no toast and no potatoes, the waitress blurts out "Oh, you're not on that silly low-carb diet are you!?" What a way to break the ice huh?

I have accepted that my g/f will very probably never go primal because she has been an ethical vegetarian since a teenager.

It's more of an emotional issue for her, so it's very hard to address through logic. We both respect our views, and she never complaints when I eat a big bloody steak in front of her, which is great. I actually appreciate that a lot, as she is probably grossed out by the sole sight of them.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Nick Guest

Diana: At least you could save some money on the tip.

SerialSinnner: Eggs?

musajen is offline Junior Member

The restaurants I've been too lately have been really good about letting me substitute an extra serving of veggies for the potato. Steak or chicken smothered in mushrooms is my favorite thing to order with a large side of broccoli. Yeah, I like me some meat.

Nick, eggs are in, fortunately. She can get some o3 from them if they are free-range enriched, etc. It's a tricky situation though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast