Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating page 2

IAMASK is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

"There's a word for a lady who downs a huge steak or a couple of pounds of barbecue on a first date: keeper. "

More like, "Competition." There may just be too much pressure on the hunting grounds for two good appetites. One of the best parts of dating was that magical point where you could see the woman was still hungry but not planning to eat anymore...then you'd giver her the line, "You gonna eat that?" I called it "Eating Clean-up" (e.g. "Batting Clean-up"). Ironically, I married a "keeper."

Nick Guest

I think it might have an impact on perceived reproductive fitness, though. A woman who can knock back the calories is going to be much better at carrying healthy fetuses to term.

Of course I do most of the cooking, so I tend to get miffed if my wife only pecks at her food. But we did go to a burger place on our first date. And I think her current favorite thing I make is either grass fed brisket or tri-tip roast.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I second Conan. My g/f is a vegetarian and, while not *ideal*, she respects my carnivorism. We can manage pretty well when it comes to eating out. I can have my meat on lunch and get lots of vegetables and salads afterwards, or vice versa. If she loved fast food I would be in trouble. Plus I am sure she wouldn't be as attractive.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Anonymous Guest

I think it's pretty easy to avoid a lot of food places - even just saying 'aw, but I had <x style food> last night' and don't want to go. Unless, of course, he's planning ahead, then that won't work.

I don't generally outline primal unless someone asks. I'll just respond with 'low carb' and leave it at that. It tends to boggle people's minds when you bring up no grains, so maybe leaving that out for the first few dates may be a good way to go.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Speaking of "No grains." In Denver there is a phenomenal, very popular, low priced French restaurant named Le Central. You can eat a wonderful lunch with a glass of real sangria for about $10 plus tax and tip.

On my recent road trip I had lunch there, and there is NO way in hell I'm not going to enjoy their real, unlimited French bread and real butter! Maybe I'll have to eat a bottle of carb blockers, or think of it as my 20% for the next month, but eat it I will!

For Father's Day I did break down and have a .7 ounce piece of sourdough baguette I was fixing for the old folks.

sammylou is offline Junior Member

if he's really hot just say "i'm not crazy about pizza but i do love a good piece of meat" then smile and wink.

but seriously, like many have already said, most restaurants have something primal. just order what you want, ask for substitutions politely, and don't feel you have to explain yourself. if he asks then you can simply say you don't like potatoes or whatever food it is. if he's a good guy, it won't be an issue.

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

sammylou, I desperately wish a woman would have said that to me back in my single days. Great line!

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

sammylou, you don't live around SW Florida, do you???

What a great attitude. So rare in your sisters.

Yummy Guest

Great topic! I feel awkward drawing attention to my eating habits on a date or even out with friends. Usually it is easy enough to find something appropriate on the menu without making a fuss.

But if the other person suggests a restaurant where eating primal is impossible, I agree with sammylou and timconradinc - just nicely say "oh I'm craving meat/fish/whatever, would it be ok if we go somewhere else?"

I recall reading (probably Cosmopolitan mag) that some guys think a picky eater would be bad in the sack. haha!

Shine is offline Member

PrimalCon New York

Like everyone has said, tell them that you are craving a nice, big, juicy steak.

Any guy worth dating will think that's hot. If he insists on raw vegan cuisine or Kentucky Fried Chicken, it does not bode well for the rest of the relationship.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast