Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (bchanel) page

bchanel is offline Member

Red face Primal Journal (bchanel)

Shop Now
    As someone who has dabbled in primal, but has never fully taken the plunge, I think a journal may make me more accountable. The times I have eaten primal, I felt so amazing, but would always regress into my old habits because of situations involving my significant other or family or due to my own struggles with sugar and carbs. My boyfriend's cousin is getting married in 9 weeks and I'm terrified to put on a dress right now. Since this is my first post, here are my stats. I am 5'7". I would like to lost atleast 20,ultimately 25 pounds. I have struggled with weight my whole life and have oftentimes resorted to unhealthy methods of losing weight. The times in my life I have been at my lowest weight were.also the unhealthiest times in my life. I am sick of starving myself, fad diets and chronic cardio. I am ready to make a change and do it the right way. So, here goes. Grok on!
    Last edited by bchanel; 04-08-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Bamboozel is offline Senior Member
    Good luck!!

Thank you!

Day 1 of 30 day challenge
    Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs and approximately 1/4 cup almonds, coffee with cinnamon
    Lunch: ( not ideal, but crazy day) 2 cups spinach, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1.5 scoops whey protein and 1 T coconut oil all blended with ice and water
    Dinner: ground turkey with onions and peppers, salsa, 1/2 avocado, romaine lettuce, mushrooms and a tablespoon of almond butter

Day 2 of 30 day challenge
    I forgot to write my beginning weight yesterday: 160
    Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, 1 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup almonds, coffee with cinnamon
    Lunch: ground turkey with onions and peppers, salsa, romaine lettuce, 1/2 avocado
    Dinner: chopped brisket, romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, pepperoncini

So far, I feel great and haven't felt any terrible symptoms of "carb flu" when I would previously try low carb (and low fat). I love being able to eat all the avocado I want in one sitting...avocadoes are one of my favorite things, but I previously thought they were something I shouldn't indulge in. I also drank lots of water and some herbal tea. I did an hour of kickboxing and went for a short walk for exercise.

Day 3 of 30 day challenge
    I'm still amazed that I haven't felt cruddy dropping carbs, but it's awesome! If anything, I have felt more energetic.
    I did a workout of squats and lunges with cardio intervals first thing this morning.(trying to get those legs in shape!)
    I wasn't hungry for awhile, so I'm going to write down times instead of meals.
    7:00 a.m. coffee with coconut oil and cinnamon
    9:45 a.m. 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup almonds
    1:30 p.m. ground turkey with onions and peppers, salsa, romaine lettuce. 1/2 avocado
    6:00 p.m. Dijon chicken breasted made with lemon juice, garlic and Dijon mustard, green beans with a dab of butter and bacon, and a huge salad with spring mix, cucumbers, mushrooms, grape tomatoes and homemade balsamic viniagrette

I know lunches have been repetitive, but I don't have long for lunch and it's so much easier to already have something prepared.
    Last edited by bchanel; 04-18-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Day 4 of 30 day challenge
    I wasn't hungry when I first woke up and I woke up late, so I didn't make breakfast (I need to boil some more eggs!)
    9:30 a.m.- coffee with cinnamon, Apple Pie Larabar (this was my last one! I love these things, but they're like "healthy candy" to me, so I try not to keep them in the house)
    I started feeling a little...off today and was very hungry by the lunch rolled around. I took advice that I've been reading and ate some fat!
    12:30 p.m.- 3 eggs, mushrooms, spinach and onions cooked in olive oil (I'm still not sure if this is okay or not) topped with 1/2 an avocado and salsa
    Made me feel sooo much better! Avocado and eggs are a match made in heaven
    5:00 p.m. - small handful of almonds
    7:15 p.m. - iceberg and tomato salad (bleh), ham, roast beef, green beans and a small bite of mashed potatoes with gravy. dinner at a work function. Ugh. I hate these because I have no control over what I eat and am expected to eat with everyone. I did my best though! I didn't eat any dessert. I also rounded the night out with a glass of chardonnay.

IrishYeti is offline Member
    I'm glad to see your level of commitment this time around. I commend you for your ability to stay on top of posting what you'v eaten, as a method for holding yourself accountable. In regards to the last thing you ate with the "dinner at work" function, don't let it get to you too much. I'm a firefighter, so I have twenty four hours and somewhere between two to three meals that I have to eat with these guys. Most of them are aware of what I am doing and alot of others are on similar plans. The kicker is that for some reason, after observing that we were all eating the same (generally speaking) I suggested we get back to cooking and eating together like firefighters always do, but that fell through. The best thing we agreed on is regardless of what you're eating, that we try to all eat at the same time. If you're interested, I'll let you know how it goes in the future. Right now, I'm off until the middle of May.
    Best of luck in everything!

Day 5 of 30 day challenge
    I woke up late and didn't eat breakfast. Some days, I'm hungry when I wake up and others I'm not. But, I Yates when I wake up late and am hungry, which was the case today. Next week, I think I'm going to make a batch of egg muffins and sauteed veggies to heat up for next week.
    12:30 p.m.- 2 eggs and 1/2 cup egg whites, spinach, mushrooms, onions and salsa cooked in olive oil
    (I may get in trouble for the egg whites, but I'm merely trying to use up a carton in my fridge. I am sick in the head, however and I do enjoy them))
    3:00 p.m.- 2 spoonfuls of almond butter
    7:30 p.m.- chicken breast, mashed cauliflower with butter and broccoli sauteed in olive oil
    I also had a square of 90% chocolate and am sipping on a Bud Select 55.
    Beer, bad...it's lighter though, So I'm trying! Wishing it was a Stella

I felt better than yesterday, although I had an extreme craving for vending machine fare this afternoon. I posted about it and was told that I probably needed sodium. I liberally salted my broccoli and cauliflower and am feeling much better!

IrishYeti is offline Member
    I still have to give you kudos for your detail! Is your sodium deficiency something you have been dealing with? I'm curious because my oldest child has had a history of syncope episodes and some of the medical profession believes it is a sodium deficiency, although she liberally coats ALL of her food with salt!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast