Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grass Fed Butter in Manitoba, Canada? page 2

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The butter you found at Organza in the white package is probably the l'ancetre. Safeway also carries it.

I've found ghee at Superstore in the ethnic section, and it's tasty, though not organic and unlikely grass fed, it seems to be imported, India or Pakistan perhaps? I recently found some crazy expensive blend of organic virgin coconut oil/grass fed ghee at VitaHealth (70% coconut to 30% organic grass fed ghee). It's damn fine, but I'm using it sparingly due to the cost. About $40 for a 750 g jar. I may have seen it at Organza last week too.

I also saw red palm oil at I think A1 Nutrition in Grant Park, don't remember where it was from, and haven't tried it yet.

realfortin is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

I found grass fed Ghee from a US company that ships to Canada. It is a bit pricey but I order a few at a time and make good use of it. In fact, I often mix the Ghee half and half with coconut oil which softens it and makes it quite useful for cooking.

Do a search for pureindianfoods and you will find it easily

CSilivestru is offline Member
    Well I've talked to a few farms and it looks like L'ancentre is the best bet since they selectively choose the *most* grass fed cows to make their butter from. I've had good experience with their butter before so I will continue to purchase theirs... And by most, I mean the cows in which the vast majority of their diet is grass with the least amount of supplementation.

A buddy of mine in Ontario says he can acquire grass fed butter so I'll poke him to figure out what brand it is -- maybe we can figure out a way to get it up here...
    Living the primal lifestyle and loving it! On a constant quest of optimal health and living life to the fullest :-).

You can have excuses or results -- not both.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Not a lot of farms listed here, but you might get lucky Eat Wild - Canada

CSilivestru is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post
    Not a lot of farms listed here, but you might get lucky Eat Wild - Canada
    Ha! That's where I got my list of farms to contact ;-). But thanks for the link! I'm still waiting on one response so we'll see if I get lucky....
    Living the primal lifestyle and loving it! On a constant quest of optimal health and living life to the fullest :-).

You can have excuses or results -- not both.

Lukebbc is offline Junior Member

Was even brought up in the government's debate in parliament

Quote Originally Posted by CSilivestru View Post
    It really is a sad state! If people can buy cigarettes, why can't I buy raw milk knowing the possible (not probable) implications?
    I can't remember which brand it was but organza's brand (comes in white wrapping) appeared to be the tastiest -- it's just a little out of the way....

I'll keep plugging away and see what I can find!
    There are some people pushing for raw milk in Quebec. The point you made about cigarettes has been brought up in the provincial government parliament, to no avail ...

I have personnaly inquired at the ministry of Agriculture about cow share here in Quebec and was told it is legal.

patski is offline Senior Member
    I've searched and searched...and wept a little.

There is absolutely no grass-fed butter in Canada. None. Zip. Zilch.

I'm seriously planning a road trip to Buffalo and buying $60 worth of Kerrygold. That's the most you can bring over the border in a day without getting taxed.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Quote Originally Posted by CSilivestru View Post
    Well I've talked to a few farms and it looks like L'ancentre is the best bet since they selectively choose the *most* grass fed cows to make their butter from. I've had good experience with their butter before so I will continue to purchase theirs... And by most, I mean the cows in which the vast majority of their diet is grass with the least amount of supplementation.

A buddy of mine in Ontario says he can acquire grass fed butter so I'll poke him to figure out what brand it is -- maybe we can figure out a way to get it up here...
    You have a buddy in Ontario with grass-fed butter?!?!?!?!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    "Luckily" on June 1st, you'll be able to bring back $200 worth of Kerrygold

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    They're changing the limit?!!

SWEET!!! I'll buy $100 worth of Kerrygold, and $100 of raw milk! YES!

(I wouldn't, but still!)
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast