Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cellulite page

BeckyMN is offline Junior Member

Cellulite

I am not sure if this has already been asked and answered as I am new to the site, but is there a way of getting rid of the cellulite that is attached to the back of my thighs? I know it is fat and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get rid of it. I look good from the front and awful from the back

Will changing to Primal help with this problem or am I stuck with it forever?

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I'll be letting the whole world know if I find the answer
    Some people's cellulte goes away on a Primal diet and some doesn't. I think it's because there are different causes of cellulite. Some is inflammation/water retention related, some is lymphatic related and some is hormone-induced breakdown of the connective tissue matrix, which normally keeps the fatty layer smoothed down (men have a much tighter connective tissue matrix than women, hence their lack of cellulite). This is why skinny women can have it and some overweight women really don't.
    Consuming properly prepared bone broth daily for several months is said to help heal the connective tissue matrix. I want to give that a try.

Here is a website with a lot of realistic and good info on cellulite (check out the blog section for articles on different treatments):
    The Cellulite Investigation | Natural Remedies for Cellulite

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    what a helpful, thorough answer hazyjane! thank you! I am one of those weird cases of an overweight woman (but one who has always worked out: fit fat!) who has absolutely zero cellulite on the thighs and bum. so go figure.... I did, however, notice that a band of it developed across my belly after the pregnancy I had near 40; my younger pregnancy hadn't done that. Its looking a little better with the primal lifestyle... I will try bone broths perhaps in the future. Great link! And take heart becky... you can turn this around gradually... and, I bet you look beautiful from any angle, really. we are always so hard on ourselves. xoL
    Last edited by primal4fifty; 01-30-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Massage is very effective at breaking it up so the boy's lymphatic system can carry it away. To reduce the appearance of cellulite I recommend you get some liquid bath wash, one of those loofahs that are scrunched up knitted nylon mesh, and massage in a circular motion when having your shower or bath. Despite my being very overweight, I don't appear to have much cellulite as I do this every shower. Massage quite hard - it feels good too. I get wet, wet the loofah, turn off the shower, squirt a good amount of wash (I use Bathox milk and honey 'cos it has a nice smell) and massage away for 5-10 minutes. If the loofah gets a bit dry just wet it under the tap. Then rinse off finishing with cool to cold water. Use some body lotion after to keep your skin comfortable.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    Dry brushing is also good for getting the lymph system circulating and helps. You use a soft bath brush and lightly brush in a circular pattern similar to what Odille described with the loofah but on dry skin before showering.

OK, ladies, I just bit the bullet and ordered some Bellabaci Cups, which are little silicone cups for doing "negative pressure massage" (based on Chinese medicine) to drain the lymph and break up fibrous tissue clusters. They can also be used for sore muscles/knots. I'll def. let everyone know if they work- they're getting good feedback over on the website I mentioned!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Ang View Post
    Dry brushing is also good for getting the lymph system circulating and helps. You use a soft bath brush and lightly brush in a circular pattern similar to what Odille described with the loofah but on dry skin before showering.
    I like dry brushing, but for my legs and arms, I actually find that a boar bristle paddle brush like this one works better for me- you want your skin to turn pink, but some people have such poor tissue circulation (esp. in cellulite!) that a firmer brush is needed. Your skin quickly adjusts to the bristles.

BeckyMN is offline Junior Member
    thanks everyone. I have started dry brushing and I am definately going to check out the site hazyjane mentions. Thanks for the kind words primal4fifty. yes, we are our own worst enemy.

paleo pika is offline Member
    Tag for future updates...this is relevant to my interests lol

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, I definitely need to know how this works out! Keep us updated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast