Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Release Following Exercise page

shmee is offline Senior Member

Emotional Release Following Exercise

Primal Fuel
    I was out on my daily walk today. The need to sprint all out was there so I followed my instinct and sprinted. But the sprinting turned into a full on run all the way back home. It was about a kilometre. It felt really good.

But, when I got home I was extremely emotional. Bawled in the shower. Had a 45 min nap, woke up without an alarm and felt really good.

Is this normal? Should this be expected while in weight loss mode? Anyone else experienced this?

No, its not hormonal week.
    Start Weight: 265.8
    Current Weight: 234.4
    Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I have not had this experience(granted I'm a relatively unemotional male), but I'm glad it was cathartic for you.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    I have had similar instances, such as crying after a half marathon (although there were also known specific emotional triggers for that one). Ive also gotten suddenly very emotional when stretching a lot of my tight, problem tissue (hips, low back) in yoga. People who study and work with myofascial issues say that releasing bound tissues can trigger sudden emotional responses in many people. The exact mechanism why this occurs is not understood, but the correlation seems to be real.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Ive also gotten suddenly very emotional when stretching a lot of my tight, problem tissue (hips, low back) in yoga. People who study and work with myofascial issues say that releasing bound tissues can trigger sudden emotional responses in many people. The exact mechanism why this occurs is not understood, but the correlation seems to be real.
    I've heard similar stories from yoga teachers.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Did you cry for any specific reason? Any pent up sadness?

Crying is always good, maybe your coming to terms with something you've been feeling?

Interesting, thanks!

My weight and inches hasn't moved for the month of January. But I feel freakin' fabulous! The fact that I even had the urge to move faster than a brisk walk is a breakthrough! Healing indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    Did you cry for any specific reason? Any pent up sadness?

Crying is always good, maybe your coming to terms with something you've been feeling?
    Nothing comes to mind. It's usually rage anger that I'm feeling, so this was a new response for me.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Ive also gotten suddenly very emotional when stretching a lot of my tight, problem tissue (hips, low back) in yoga. People who study and work with myofascial issues say that releasing bound tissues can trigger sudden emotional responses in many people. The exact mechanism why this occurs is not understood, but the correlation seems to be real.
    ^^^This for me, for sure. I typically feel euphoria after working out or yoga, but have also felt an uncontrollable urge to cry etc when dealing w/ various emotional issues, or going deep into my hips and bringing up old emotional baggage. It's amazing how we can hold stuff in our bodies...I say good for you! Great to get whatever it is out there, feel it, and then rest up after feeling refreshed!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I've had this thing where I ramble on about random things like an adhd person on crack (after like every workout), but I've never wept. I think it's more of an inhibitions thing because I also yell at the slightest provocation after a workout, just like when I'm drunk.
    Which is why I don't drink.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I used to attend a monthly Yamuna body rolling class where you roll your body with plastic balls of different sizes. The instructor said it was very common to experience intense emotional release when rolling certain parts of the body. I just rolled my eyes. However, when we were rolling the pelvis area I did become overwhelmed with the need to cry. I could not pinpoint it. A few people cried during the pelvis area and a couple others during different body parts.

It was a strange experience, but it didn't feel like it was a bad thing.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast