Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emotional Release Following Exercise page 2

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yoga believes a lot of emotion in the form of tension is held in the hips...it is very possible that run released some of that.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Yoga teacher here--people cry all the time in class. When I did my training and we were holding deep fascial release poses for 10+ minutes at a time, people would cry hysterically, then laugh hysterically, then go back to crying. It's really common, especially when opening the chest and hips.

The explanation I got from my teachers sounded like hippie nonsense to me, but whatever's causing it, it's definitely a thing. I, for one, feel extreme anxiety, almost panic, when doing hip-opening poses. And sometimes rage.

Linny is offline Senior Member
    I've experienced the same thing doing T-tapp LadyBug workout. It works the hips and pelvis area quite a bit. I usually go with it and cry because I always feel a ton better after.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I know this is an old thread. Sorry for resurrecting it. I'm new to weight lifting and I'm finding that I sometimes can walk in there feeling sort of sore and wimpy but once I start lifting, I get this grrrrr feeling and want to lift something even heavier and any soreness or stiffness is totally gone. And today on the pullup machine it was really super hard and I went for just one more (but didn't quite make it) and once I got down off the machine I felt like I was going to cry. I hate being the only old lady in the gym. I don't think any of those beefy college guys or co-eds with their ponytails bouncing away on the cardio machines will understand.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    It was probably just very liberating and free that you just let all your feelings out! kind of a cleanse!

Quote Originally Posted by shmee View Post
    Interesting, thanks!

My weight and inches hasn't moved for the month of January. But I feel freakin' fabulous! The fact that I even had the urge to move faster than a brisk walk is a breakthrough! Healing indeed...
    Health is Wealth!

patski is offline Senior Member
    I've gone home feeling high as a kite after an intense WOD.

It's normal. A little weird, but normal

sb, fuck 'em! Kill it at the gym! You ain't no old lady. PFFFFFFT.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

My gym is on a college campus. I'm surrounded by 20-year-olds.

TheRidingLibrarian is offline Junior Member
    So fine, be the (comparably) old lady. Be the kick-ass old lady! Own it!

Patski: I totally get what you are saying. I am still fairly new to Crossfit, but I always feel incredible afterwards. Like, alarmingly so. In a good way. I've always heard that exercise is a stress reliever but I've never felt it so literally than recently. I've gone into a WOD angry or upset a couple of times now and walked out right as rain with a whole new perspective on whatever was bothering me.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I read what I wrote again. It came out wrong. What I meant to say was that after I did the pullups, I had this urge to cry for no apparent reason. I wasn't sad or anything. Since I was the oldest woman in the whole gym I wondered if I was the only one to feel that way. Sometimes I think that because I've lived so much damn life sometimes that things affect me in ways that might be a little weird.

As for calling myself an old lady, I like to do that because I'm older than I look. I think most people think I'm in my 30s. I like to blow their minds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12