Thread: Cooking Techniques page

joej627 is offline Member

Cooking Techniques

Shop Now
    Hey guys,

I have been thinking a lot about my own diet lately. There are so many opinions out there on what and how to eat. One thing that is really making a difference for me right now is HOW i eat. It seems that the how is just as important as the what. I am becoming to believe that there are 3 primary reasons that meat gets a bad name.

1. Most meat the average person eats is junk meat and is probably fairly unhealthy
    2. Most people overcook their meats and do not eat it like we should. I do so much better with slow cooked, baked, rare meats than with fried, well-cooked, well-done meats
    3. Most people overeat in general which leads to overburdened digestion which isn't good with anything.

How do you guys cook your food to make it easiest to digest?

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Depends on the food. Tonight, I used three different cooking techniques for my dinner: Poached salmon, steamed kale and sauteed samphire. And yes, it was epic.

I fry beef steaks in beef dripping and pork in lard. I grill sausages and pork belly slices. I steam cabbage with olive oil, garlic and water. I sautee mushrooms in even more butter and even more garlic.

Basically, I go with whatever method makes the food taste the best, and don't skimp on the fat where appropriate.
    Last edited by Rip @ MIPWID; 01-30-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Like rip said, whatever fits the meat. Steam saute fish, grill steaks and such, braise chix thighs, blaze the roast for 15 min before letting it coast low and slow the rest of the way, Steam/ roast/ grill/ saute veggies, fry eggs and other veggies, fry bacon until just this side of burnt... Whatever suits the meat and what I want out of the meal.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

springnr is offline Senior Member
    Sous Vide