Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not very caffeinated teas that go well with cream? page

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

Not very caffeinated teas that go well with cream?

Primal Fuel
    I'm thinking about drinking lots of tea with grassfed butter at night since the same version with coffee calms me down in the morning and fills me up. Anybody have any recommendations on types of tea that aren't very caffeinated that I can drink at night instead? Not sure if herbal would go well with butter, lol.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Chai, Rooibos, chocolate Rooibos (check out Teavana for their tiramisu tea, that's farking divine), white tea.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Not sure how it would be with butter, but I find that licorice teas are good with cream.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    definitely rooibos. plain with cream is awesome so with butter would be good i reckon.

i used to make chai by loosely following this recipe in my vegan days as it has no caffeinated tea in

Chai! - Recipe Idea: Chandra Chai Moon Tea
    if you ignore the milk, the butter should make it sweet enuf to ditch the honey.

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Republic of Tea has some great varieties. The Dark Chocolate Mate is divine, and I also really like Cardamom Cinnamon and Coconut Hibiscus.

Chrish2891 is offline Member
    zhena's fire light chai is one of my favorite teas, especially at night. You can get a pound of it for about $20 on amazon.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I brew food-grade rose petals as tea. It smells and tastes pretty much just how you would expect and is also anti-inflammatory (good for cramps!). I have not tried it with cream because I'm personally not a fan of cream in tea, but I bet it would be super good (if you're into that).

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Another vote for roiboos. I have a roiboos chai that is fantastic with heavy cream or coconut milk. I should try it buttered - I bet that would be good...

petersen126 is offline Junior Member
    Love to use chocolate cream

beastie is offline Member
    I love honeybush tea. It's from South Africa, similar to Rooibos, and has a natural sweetness to it. Goes very well with cream. You can get it from Teavana, I believe.
    Primal cookery, forgotten skills, natural birth
    www.forgottendomesticarts.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast