Thread: PBF/ Lifting Heavy Thing for people with knee problems

PBF/ Lifting Heavy Thing for people with knee problems

Shop Now
    I've got a friend who just started eating primal, but had two knee replacements.

Any suggestions for a PBF routine for her? I'd assume pull-ups (even if they are assisted) are a good exercises.. any other ideas? Any PBF'ers out there with knee trouble?

Walk. Most benefit for lowest risk.

When your friend feels ready to do more, start with PBF, but don't push.

Yeah, peeps, cough up the info!

My knees aren't that bad - I don't feel any pain. But they do click, so sometimes when I'm doing squats I wonder if I'm screwing up my knees even more.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Yeah, peeps, cough up the info!

My knees aren't that bad - I don't feel any pain. But they do click, so sometimes when I'm doing squats I wonder if I'm screwing up my knees even more.
    Knee clicks are not a sign of knee injury, and if you are squatting properly(hip crease below knee, toes behind knee if possible) you are doing your knees a huge favor. Plenty of people on here have rehabbed bad knees with squats.

Just ask the surgeon for a list of approved movements, and go from there.

I have one very bad knee- I had major surgery years ago and lost a lot of synovial fluid and have a very unstable knee cap. I can't do things like prolonged hiking down steep inclines without issues, but I can do kettlebell swings/squats with no issues (since you're using your posterior chain and core- not knees- if you do them correctly.)

Shop Now
    tough to recommend any leg exercises without knowing lots of details, but the single best thing i did for my weak, perpetually sore knees, was to learn to squat properly, from the hips.