Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Pack In Your Kid's Lunch Box Today? page

Leida is offline Senior Member

What Did You Pack In Your Kid's Lunch Box Today?

Primal Fuel
    I saw that post on smarties' sandwich, and since I just took a plunge to provide all the food for my kid while she is in school and dayhome, I would really appreciate a thread where we can share what actually goes into kid's lunchboxes and they actually eat!!!

My daughter is 5.5 yo and she is a carb fiend, so my biggest challenge is meat and proteins.

Lunch Box 30 Jan 2012:

dehydrated sweet potato and jikama chips (school snack)
    salad leaves, steamed brussels, cauli and broccoli with ~ 2 oz of no-spice steak and 1 boiled egg
    1/2 blueberries and raspberries with 1/2 cup of 3% fat nothing added plain yogurt
    4 cups chopped fresh veggies medley

Leftover: ?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    I dice chicken breasts and stir fry them in coconut oil with a dash of sesame oil (for flavor) and a sprinkle of sesame seeds, then I divide the chicken into single-portion containers. I take a container to put on my salad, and give my son a container in his lunch (in place of a sandwich). He also gets apple slices and cheese cubes. I'm trying to wean him off of grains, at least for breakfast (bacon and eggs) and lunch.

PullUpMama is offline Junior Member
    1 leftover chicken leg, a couple oz of chkn breasts, cheese, homemade "granola" made with nuts, almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa and a tiny bit of maple syrup and a banana.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    No kidlets here, but this is a standby for when I take my lunches: leftover meat, sliced or shredded (there's always leftover meat in the fridge), lettuce leaves, tomato, cuke, a smattering of whatever other veggies are in the fridge that day, yogurt based dip/ sauce, and a handful of fruit. With that, I can decide at lunch whether I want wraps, a salad, or to eat everything piecemeal.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Sliced turkey breast or chicken, mozzarella cheese, carrots, celery sticks or cucumber, and a fruit of sorts (apple, kiwi, pear or banana). I've been keeping it simple for my 2 school age kids, but they are getting bored, so I'll be watching this thread for ideas!

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    i am gonna try scotch eggs but dont know how well it will go down. they just leave everything other than yoghurt, rice crackers and some fruit usually and come home starving and obnoxious coz they are so hungry.

My kid took one bite of Scotch eggs, and declared them YUCKY. So, my husband had the 1.5 that were left over for his lunch today. I thought they were great.

Okay, today's result:

Lunch Box 30 Jan 2012, Leftover: dehydrated sweet potato and jikama chips (school snack) & 1/2 boiled egg. Said wasn't hungry in school.

Lunch Box 31 Jan 2012:
    dehydrated sweet potato and jikama chips (school snack)
    2 primal elk + beef meatballs with steamed veggies medley
    cheddar cheese cubes and a few blood orange segments (1 cup all together)
    4 cups of chopped fresh veggies

YUK Declaration at dinner: brown butter zuc-inguini with walnuts
    Last edited by Leida; 01-31-2012 at 05:25 AM.

BodyByBacon is offline Junior Member
    Leftover spaghetti (with spaghetti squash for noodles), raw milk, a Clementine orange, small Apple.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    this is our second week at school, so i'll list what they've had so far. mine eat dairy (and some grains but i'm trying to reduce that as much as possible).

coleslaw made with my mayo. side salads. quiche made with nitrate free ham as the base. chocolate custard. chicken drumsticks. spring onion dip.cheese crackers (fail). apple muffins, ham scones (i think you call these biscuits). both had wheat but not much cos i put loads of apple cooked in butter and cinnamon, and ham in.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast