Thread: Looking Forward to the Journey! page

BStar11 is offline Junior Member

Looking Forward to the Journey!

Primal Fuel
    Hi Everyone! My name's B and I'm a 27 year old wife and Pitbull Mom who also works full time. I've been steadily trying to live a more healthy and active life for the past 5-6 years and recently felt like I had hit a dead end with my progress and overall happiness. After doing some research I decided the Primal Blueprint felt like a great match for my lifestyle and goals.

Fitness-wise, I've been following a very similar approach to the Primal Blueprint. I'm an avid hiker and typically will spend 3 days per week, 1-2 hours per day, in the woods. I'm fortunate to live in an area with lots of local hiking options. I also lift weights 3x a week and include dance/full body movements into my routines. I also incorporate HIIT workouts on days the New England weather isn't allowing me to be outside.

I would say my current diet is about 80% Primal. I should mention that I also practice intermittent fasting, with a 14 hour fast window, daily. I have found this method to be extremely helpful for me, though I do understand it is not for everyone. Currently, I eat occasional grains with dinner following a heavy workout and tend to stick to a small serving of rice, potato, quinoa or sprouted bread. I am hoping to eliminate these foods and find better and equally filling alternatives as I progress with the Blueprint. I also have one serving of dairy per day, either cheese or yogurt, which seem to fall into the "grey" area of the Blueprint. I'm fortunate to not experience any issues digesting grains or dairy. Otherwise, the rest of my day is quite Primal - sticking to fresh fruits and veggies, nuts, eggs and meat. I also drink an organic hemp protein shake daily.

AS for my lifestyle, I've been progressively trying to live a more natural and organic life. I buy organic whenever possible and also try to utilize local farms/farmer's markets when I can. I'm not to 100% yet, but close to that is my ultimate goal! About a year ago I really started overhauling my diet and eliminating all HFCS, partially hydrogenated items, excess sugar and nitrates and cannot express how good I have felt since making the switch to more whole foods. I don't take any over the counter medications or those prescribed by a doctor. I believe that food heals and is a more natural method to alleviate most symptoms. I have not been sick (no flu, cold, aches/pains, etc) in over 3 years and attribute that to the lifestyle changes I have made.

I think that's all I have for now
    I really looking forward to getting to know some of the folks in the forum and sharing my journey down the Primal path with everyone.

Have a wonderful day!
    b

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome. Sounds like you are doing great!
    Currently, I eat occasional grains with dinner following a heavy workout and tend to stick to a small serving of rice, potato, quinoa or sprouted bread. I am hoping to eliminate these foods and find better and equally filling alternatives as I progress with the Blueprint. I also have one serving of dairy per day, either cheese or yogurt, which seem to fall into the "grey" area of the Blueprint."]Currently, I eat occasional grains with dinner following a heavy workout and tend to stick to a small serving of rice, potato, quinoa or sprouted bread. I am hoping to eliminate these foods and find better and equally filling alternatives as I progress with the Blueprint. I also have one serving of dairy per day, either cheese or yogurt, which seem to fall into the "grey" area of the Blueprint.
    (White) rice, potatoes and quinoa are fine when you need the carbs. No need to eliminate them. Occasional sprouted bread is ok 20%. Cheese and yogurt are fine if you can digest them. They are not allowed in paleo but fine in primal.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.