Let's Try this again...
Last May, I made a thread challenging myself to go strict Primal for 14 days.... with good results afterwards. I remember that my skin was clearer (less acne breakouts), I had more mental clarity, and I woke up feeling much more energetic (often on less sleep). I'm not sure exactly when I started to stray from the diet, but I want to get back. I haven't gone back to a standard SAD or anything, but I have been eating grains (though gluten free), peanut butter (which I admittedly never cut out, hah), and way too much cheese (which I know doesn't go completely against the diet, but I think I'm better off withotu any dairy). I've probably been eating too many carbs.
I think the biggest problems with my diet right now are:
All that cheese
Not getting enough protein (by Primal standards)
Consuming too many carbs
So those are the three things I really want to focus on changing.
I want to....
- Keep my carbohydrate intake between 100 and 150 grams a day
- 90 grams of protein a day (I'd like to aim for higher, but that'd be difficult with my current food budget)
- Cut out cheese (I love cheese and put it on everything, but I'll probably feel better without it)
And, while I'm at it, I should make an effort to exercise 30+ minutes everyday. Perhaps force myself to take a walk int he morning, weather providing.
Not gonna post macro nutrients today, as I like to do... just food.
- Three eggs with a little cheddar cheese (today doesn't count!) and some butter.
- Fruit smoothie with about 1.5 cups of blueberries and a banana.