Thread: Hi all, how am I doing? page

xeoUK is offline Junior Member

Hi all, how am I doing?

Primal Fuel
    Hi all, I've been trying to live Primal for the last three weeks now. I'm a student though so I've been finding it difficult at times budget wise, I've been picking organic vegetables where possible (if they don't have a thick skin), but I really can't afford grass-fed/organic/free-range when it comes to meat.

Here is a typical day's food for me:

In the morning I'll take Omega 3 and Vitamin D supplements, followed by a smoothie of frozen blueberries and strawberries, whey protein and coconut cream.

For lunch I'll have a sliced up apple with mature cheddar cheese, or a pear with blue stilton cheese.

For dinner I'll have meat/fish/fowl with a few vegetables (not root). I cook using only butter, beef fat or olive oil.

My only common indulgence is beer - strong english ale which I drink several pints of over the weekend.

For exercise, I take a slow 40 minute jog 3 days a week and train with free weights 3 days a week, then try to take a long hike on Sunday's when possible.

So how am I doing? Does it matter that much if I'm buying cheap meat while I'm studying? is my day to day diet and exercise plan ok?

Cheers in advance and Grok on!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    The proof is in the pudding, I think. Are you losing weight? Feeling better? Looking less bloated in the mirror? If so then keep on doing what you're doing.

The only thing that might be off is the whey protein. I feel like I read something on the forum that said whey protein is not going to help you because it's not complete and/or has been so heavily processed.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Domino Theory is offline Junior Member
    Slow the jogging session down to a lesiurely walk, cut the apple & pear and replace it with beef jerky or nuts, otherwise your plan looks fine. Don't worry so much about not getting grass-fed beef, you're doing an excellent thing here.

kkarrolle is offline Senior Member
    When buying cheaper cuts of meat make it as lean as possible and do not eat the fat. Maybe consider saving funds used for buying cheese and several pints of ale and use instead for primal foods.
    Achieving goals takes a backbone not a wishbone

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    No LHT or sprinting?

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkarrolle View Post
    When buying cheaper cuts of meat make it as lean as possible and do not eat the fat.
    Huh?

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkarrolle View Post
    When buying cheaper cuts of meat make it as lean as possible and do not eat the fat. Maybe consider saving funds used for buying cheese and several pints of ale and use instead for primal foods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Huh?
    Conventionally-raised meat, if it has toxins, will have a higher concentration of them in the fat. This matters to some people, but not necessarily everyone.

meyerscharm is offline Junior Member
    cheap price iphone uk
    Having smartphone is a symbol for being technologically updated today. No wonder everyone around you has one.

apple
    Check for the a lot of designs of smartphones that are available today.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xeoUK View Post
    Hi all, I've been trying to live Primal for the last three weeks now. I'm a student though so I've been finding it difficult at times budget wise, I've been picking organic vegetables where possible (if they don't have a thick skin), but I really can't afford grass-fed/organic/free-range when it comes to meat.

Here is a typical day's food for me:

In the morning I'll take Omega 3 and Vitamin D supplements, followed by a smoothie of frozen blueberries and strawberries, whey protein and coconut cream.

For lunch I'll have a sliced up apple with mature cheddar cheese, or a pear with blue stilton cheese.

For dinner I'll have meat/fish/fowl with a few vegetables (not root). I cook using only butter, beef fat or olive oil.

My only common indulgence is beer - strong english ale which I drink several pints of over the weekend.

For exercise, I take a slow 40 minute jog 3 days a week and train with free weights 3 days a week, then try to take a long hike on Sunday's when possible.

So how am I doing? Does it matter that much if I'm buying cheap meat while I'm studying? is my day to day diet and exercise plan ok?

Cheers in advance and Grok on!
    food-wise you're fine. not bad at all. there's gluten in the beer, which isn't ideal, but i suspect that beer is one of the more common cheats around these parts.

but you're either running, lifting, or hiking every single day of the week. that's overkill, particularly if you want to build more muscle on a diet like the one you describe.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm fairly sure real english ale counts as a super food, especially if it comes from a micro brewery, but you only get the full benifits if you grow a huge beard and talk about steam trains

Personally I'm sticking to cider for my tipple of choice on the once or twice a year I drink.

On the meat front though, UK meat isn't too bad, lamb is pretty much always grass fed, make a shepards pie with a root veg mash - that is propper tasty and cheap, free-range chickens aren't too bad either, you can get a decent sized one from aldi for a fiver, and that should do you a roast, half a weeks worth of lunch meat and a soup - just chuck in some leeks, carrots, and owt else not too bitter that is cheap and your sorted.
    I'd get dozen eggs or so to go for breakfasts, and get some smoked salmon trimmings from sainsburys or asda - 99p, make with scambled eggs to get some fish in your diet, along with maybe a tin of makrel for lunch once a week.
    We don't do any organic veg or meat, just can't afford it (I was far better off living on my student loan )

I can feed a family of 4 for between 60 - 80 quid a week depending on what meat is on short date that I can stick in the freezer so it's do-able on a tight budget.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................