Week 6, Day 4
BBT - 97.9. Very high for me still.
146. Not to worry, expected from the extra foods last night.
42 days binge-free - it's a new record!
Leptin Resistance goals:
- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein yes, 65+
- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising 45? I was a slug this morning.
- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch no lunch
- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner no lunch
- no snacking yes
- darkening the house at sunset yes
- exposure to morning sun no, some afternoon
- 100% primal diet yes
- <50g carb per day yes, probably 35-40?
- no PUFA's other than fCLO yes
- teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading extra TB at bkfst
Mg (700mg) - I have such a hard time remembering this. I don't like the taste.
D (5000IU) - 6000IU
HCl - will try 1, one more time, next week.
Digestive Enzymes - two with breakfast, two before dinner
OOO (4 drops) -
ACV (1T) -
Also: organ pills, broth, ferments:
B - 4 eggs, 2T CO, 5.5oz sausage
D - sirloin steak, small sweet potato w/ lots of butter.
several cups of
- energy ?/10 - too sleepy this morning to evaluate it well. Afternoon: 2/10 or less. So weak I felt I could hardly sit up without support.
- deflation ?/10 . Later, 5/10.
- skin seems smoother again.
- slept like a rock and woke up with a start after 7.5hrs. a bit odd, but I'll take it. I was *not* refreshed, though - very sleepy. Eyes very tired (probably from the eye makeup last night).
- My teeth are hurting, so I'm back on butter till I get more raw liver out for a daily nom.
A few thoughts from last night.
- I don't seem to have any physical effects from last night's dinner other than 2lb temporary weight gain (probably from the sheer quantity - I haven't eaten that much food at dinner in a long time). The dairy, tiny bit of rice, possible oils &/or sugar in the coconut curry sauce &/or BBQ sauce, wee bit of fruit, half serving of steak fries, nightshades ... no effects that I can tell. No dryness overnight, sweating, grumpiness, disrupted sleep, excessive bloating, cravings, anything. So far, so good. I avoided the wheat on purpose so I could try to sort out the effects.
I actually was hot at one point in the middle of the night when I know the house was well below 68 degrees. Could be the LS sign approaching, or could be from processed oils making me sweat - but Ididn't sweat, I wasn't uncomfortable, my nose wasn't over-dry, and I fell right back to sleep.
I remembered last night that 2 or 3 times now I've succeeded in regulating my morning wake-up times & night-time sleep times by deciding to have bkfst at the same time, no matter what, then giving myself permission to go back to sleep afterwards if needed. I don't know how I completely forgot again that this works, but I forgot last time, too. I did this before I even heard of the leptin reset - I wonder if Dr. Kruse's explanation of how circadian & ultradian cycles control energy use when leptin fails helps explain this.
So my body naturally woke up at 8:30 this morning. Tomorrow I'll get up at 8, no matter what, or 7:30, if I get to sleep early enough. Then I'll plan on 7:30 the rest of the week, no matter how disrupted my sleep gets. It seems from his explanation in his post-reset blog post that when & how much you eat bkfst is crucial to energy regulation (appetite + energy) when leptin is disrupted, and crucial to restoring LS. I also plan on getting 5 min of sunlight each morning, no matter how cold, and even when it's overcast - b/c cloudy sun is still way brighter than inside the house.
Took a HARD nap at noon, felt almost paralyzed for a while as I slowly woke up. Never really felt much better after that, then started feeling worse. I actually went through chills and heat cycles later in the day, but had no fever. Thought I was getting sick, took 6gm Vit C with no reaction, so maybe. Not sure. I doubt this is last night's food, but if it weren't for the chills & high BT for C, I would think it was. Still feeling quite weak tonight.
Last edited by MamaGrok; 12-11-2011 at 05:12 PM.
5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***