Page 65 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok) page 65

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Week 6, Day 4
    BBT - 97.9. Very high for me still.
    146. Not to worry, expected from the extra foods last night.
    42 days binge-free - it's a new record!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein yes, 65+
    - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising 45? I was a slug this morning.
    - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch no lunch
    - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner no lunch
    - no snacking yes
    - darkening the house at sunset yes
    - exposure to morning sun no, some afternoon
    - 100% primal diet yes
    - <50g carb per day yes, probably 35-40?
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes
    - teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading extra TB at bkfst

Mg (700mg) - I have such a hard time remembering this. I don't like the taste.
    D (5000IU) - 6000IU
    HCl - will try 1, one more time, next week.
    Digestive Enzymes - two with breakfast, two before dinner
    OOO (4 drops) -
    ACV (1T) -
    Also: organ pills, broth, ferments:
    Dairy-free? yes

B - 4 eggs, 2T CO, 5.5oz sausage

D - sirloin steak, small sweet potato w/ lots of butter.

several cups of

Results
    - energy ?/10 - too sleepy this morning to evaluate it well. Afternoon: 2/10 or less. So weak I felt I could hardly sit up without support.
    - deflation ?/10 . Later, 5/10.
    - skin seems smoother again.
    - slept like a rock and woke up with a start after 7.5hrs. a bit odd, but I'll take it. I was *not* refreshed, though - very sleepy. Eyes very tired (probably from the eye makeup last night).
    - My teeth are hurting, so I'm back on butter till I get more raw liver out for a daily nom.

A few thoughts from last night.

- I don't seem to have any physical effects from last night's dinner other than 2lb temporary weight gain (probably from the sheer quantity - I haven't eaten that much food at dinner in a long time). The dairy, tiny bit of rice, possible oils &/or sugar in the coconut curry sauce &/or BBQ sauce, wee bit of fruit, half serving of steak fries, nightshades ... no effects that I can tell. No dryness overnight, sweating, grumpiness, disrupted sleep, excessive bloating, cravings, anything. So far, so good. I avoided the wheat on purpose so I could try to sort out the effects.

I actually was hot at one point in the middle of the night when I know the house was well below 68 degrees. Could be the LS sign approaching, or could be from processed oils making me sweat - but Ididn't sweat, I wasn't uncomfortable, my nose wasn't over-dry, and I fell right back to sleep.

I remembered last night that 2 or 3 times now I've succeeded in regulating my morning wake-up times & night-time sleep times by deciding to have bkfst at the same time, no matter what, then giving myself permission to go back to sleep afterwards if needed. I don't know how I completely forgot again that this works, but I forgot last time, too. I did this before I even heard of the leptin reset - I wonder if Dr. Kruse's explanation of how circadian & ultradian cycles control energy use when leptin fails helps explain this.

So my body naturally woke up at 8:30 this morning. Tomorrow I'll get up at 8, no matter what, or 7:30, if I get to sleep early enough. Then I'll plan on 7:30 the rest of the week, no matter how disrupted my sleep gets. It seems from his explanation in his post-reset blog post that when & how much you eat bkfst is crucial to energy regulation (appetite + energy) when leptin is disrupted, and crucial to restoring LS. I also plan on getting 5 min of sunlight each morning, no matter how cold, and even when it's overcast - b/c cloudy sun is still way brighter than inside the house.

Took a HARD nap at noon, felt almost paralyzed for a while as I slowly woke up. Never really felt much better after that, then started feeling worse. I actually went through chills and heat cycles later in the day, but had no fever. Thought I was getting sick, took 6gm Vit C with no reaction, so maybe. Not sure. I doubt this is last night's food, but if it weren't for the chills & high BT for C, I would think it was. Still feeling quite weak tonight.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 12-11-2011 at 05:12 PM.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Week 6, Day 5
    BBT - 97.1. Right on time... (see below)
    145+.
    43 days binge-free - it's a new record!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising yes!
    - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch
    - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes, no lunch
    - no snacking yes
    - exposure to morning sun 2 minutes looking out windwo at overcast sky
    - 100% primal diet yes
    - <50g carb per day yes
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO bit of olive oil, olives, & microscopic amount of probably canola oil BLECH!
    - teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading extra TB at bkfst

D (5000IU) - 8000IU
    Digestive Enzymes - two with breakfast (forgot one till about 20m after, took it anyway b/c I understand the enzymes really don't get active till a good bit into the meal), two with dinner
    OOO (4 drops) -
    ACV (1T) -
    Also: organ pills, broth, ferments: oops
    Dairy-free? no, butter

B - 4 eggs, 2T CO, 5.5oz sausage

D - trail mix (very little - cashew, brazil nut, unsw. choc, dried cherry), pork chop, brussels sprouts w/ tons of butter, salad (evoo, wwvin, lmn jce, bit of sun-dried tomato in odd oil (tried to avoid it), olive, carrot, abit o' artichoke)

several cups of green & peppermint tea

Results
    - energy 5/10 maybe? Haven't been up and at 'em much yet. ... 4/10 afternoon, 6+/10 evening
    - deflation 6+/10, 4/10 evening
    - skin still smoother
    - slept well after BabyGrok went to sleep. I asked dh to put her to sleep b/c she was still partying at 11pm. I never ask, b/c he has to get up so much earlier than I, but he knew I was sleep-deprived, feeling bad, and wanting to establish a consistent wake-up time this week. Thank you, DaddyGrok! Woke when he left at 7:30, might have fallen asleep again, alarm startled me at 8.
    - Definitely feeling better than yesterday - more alert, awake, energetic, cheerful. less bloated. And AF came today for the first timein almost three years ... right on time ... it's BabyGrok's 2nd birthday! Amazing timing. So I have a possible theory ... I first felt O pain six months ago, but she started nursing again like crazy. Nothing came of it. Signs have been continuing since then ... could this have been six months of PMS (well, really POS), rather than hormonal stir-up from the LS? That would be great, since it would mean it's all over, lol, but I've never actually had PMS (or POS) in my life, so ... we'll see.
    - uhhh, the energy was gone in the afternoon. And before that, while I didn't feel horrible, I felt resistant to leaving the couch. Totally. Feeling energy, but resistant, usually precedes a good change for me, though, so I'm looking up.

One cheek bubble this morning, none yesterday. A bit sleepy this morning, but overall much better. A bit of a headache, too.

Thinking of teh trail mix makes my stomach giddy. I'm disappointed that that is still happening. Oh,, well. Some day it'll be gone. begone!
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 12-13-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Week 6, Day 6
    BBT - 97.1. I'll have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure this is a lot higher than my temp used to be at this TOM
    42 days binge-free - it's a new record!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - no snacking yes
    - darkening the house at sunset somewhat
    - exposure to morning sun from inside, yes
    - 100% primal diet no
    - <50g carb per day pretty sure
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO tiny bit of canola
    - teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading extra 1.5 TB at bkfst

D (5000IU) - 8000IU
    Digestive Enzymes - two mid-bkfst,
    OOO (4 drops) -
    ACV (1T) -
    Also: organ pills, broth, ferments: nope
    Dairy-free? butter oil... worried about dull tooth pain

B - 4 eggs, 2.5T CO, 5.5oz sausage

D - chicken, broccoli slaw (included cranberries, canola oil), bacon/cheddar mashed potatoes (less than one potato's worth), bit of whipped "cream" and "custard" on top of a cake. Meh. Raspberry. I need to be sure to go back to eating none of it when I see stuff like this. There was no temptation to eat more and no temptation to eat the cake I was cleaning my fingers & knife from (I was cutting and still not being tempted by it), but I know it could lead down a slippery slope in the future.

several cups of peppermint & green tea

Results
    - energy 6?/10. Had to sit down most of the day to work, so not totally sure
    - deflation 6/10 (=looks 4mo pg)
    - skin still smoother
    - slept well 8.5+hrs despite waking several times, and despite feeling wired at bedtime and taking a while to get to sleep. Still not at all refreshed in the morning.
    - trail mix thoughts make much less giddiness this morning, but still a tiny bit there
    - measurements are going down on arms, yay! It is amazing that they've been going down across my body for three weeks with no weight loss. Where is it going?

Pain immediately after finishing dinner, right in the upper mid part of my gut. Dunno...
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 12-14-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Week 6, Day 7
    BBT - 97.6. Hmmm... odd for this TOM
    145.25. Always goes up when I eat a full dinner.
    45 days binge-free - it's a new record!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch (forgot to mention the last two days I thought about food a lot during lunch time, but had some tea and forgot about eating again till 5 or so) yes, no lunch
    - no snacking yes
    - darkening the house at sunset sorta
    - exposure to morning sun yes
    - 100% primal diet yes
    - <50g carb per day way less
    - teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading extra 1+ TB at bkfst

D (5000IU) - 8000IU
    Digestive Enzymes - skipping so I can do my GI Effects test
    OOO (4 drops) -
    ACV (1T) -
    Also: organ pills, broth, ferments: 1oz raw goat liver (hoping this will keep tooth pain away (among other benefits) without dairy),
    Dairy-free? yes

B - 4 eggs, 2+T CO, 5.5oz sausage

D - pernil fat, pot roast, bit of roast beef (was famished)

several cups of ... water! Drank a ton of water! My voice has been weird for three weeks (thick-sounding, never clear, hard to do vibrato mid-range) and finally I thought I'd try tons of water. Last week, I actually disliked water in a way that usually only happens when I'm pg. Today ,I really wanted it. I think my voice is changed, so we'll see if that continues to happen.

Results
    - energy 5-6/10.
    - bloating (for simplicity's sake) = looks 4mo pg, mostly low
    - skin definitely smoother, enjoying that
    - hit by a WALL of sleepiness at 11:45 last night (toddler wouldn't go to sleep any earlier). Committed to getting up at 8am, anyway (8am two days ago, 7:45 yesterday), for eating time consistency, and will take a nap if I need it. Didn't feel terrible at 8am, so yay. (Didn't feel good, either. Never do.)
    -
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 12-14-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Week 7, Day 1!!!
    BBT - 96.9.
    145 & a hair. All measurements are up, except calf is down. Even arms are up. What am I swelling with?
    46 days binge-free - it's a new record!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising no - had to take GI Effects first. 1hr?
    - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch no lunch
    - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner no lunch
    - no snacking yes
    - exposure to morning sun yes, a decent bit
    - 100% primal diet yes
    - <50g carb per day way less
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes, no fCLO either, but had turkey (no visible fat)
    - teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading extra 1+ TB at bkfst

D (5000IU) - 6000IU
    Digestive Enzymes - 2 mid-bkfst, 2 mid-dinner
    OOO (4 drops) -
    ACV (1T) -
    Also: organ pills, broth, ferments: forgot my liver! 1-2C smoked rib broth w/ bkfst, 2C w /dinner
    Dairy-free? yes

B - 6+oz turkey, 2C broth, 3.5oz sausage, 2T CO

D - 3? C turkey soup

several cups of water

Results
    - energy 6/10 but felt resistant
    - bloating = 4mo pg looking, 6mo at night. VERY uncomfortable when I let my belly hang.
    - skin mostly still smooth, but arms bumpy. Forgot my fCLO for a few days, related? babygrok's arms are bumpy all of a sudden, too
    - very sleepy at 11:30, was woken by baby at 7ish, slept again for a few minutes, so close to 8hrs? Groggy as usual. Needed nap at 4, but couldn't get it.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 12-16-2011 at 06:49 AM.

So I had nothing but pork & turkey soup yesterday. I went to bed looking 6 months pregnant and with a lot of tenderness on palpation in my stomach (upper abdominal area).

This morning I read in the gapshelp group about a boy whose stomach hurts when he eats broth, and some folks speculated it could be oxalates (someone said somewhere that long-cooked broth may be higher in it?), some histamines, some other things. Anyway, it's something to consider.

Regardless of that, I've done
    - complete elimination diet
    - supplemented HCl long enough that I can't tolerate anymore, so the problem doesn't seem to be protein malabsorption
    - supp'd digestive enzyzmes to no improvement

and no improvement on the bloating at all. It seems to be completely random, perhaps not connected to what I eat at all (except that I *know* it's worse every time I eat grains, which hasn't happened in ages).

I just took the metametrix GI Effects test yesterday and put my poop on a FedEx truck, so maybe I'll know *something* in a week.

Week 7, Day 2
    BBT -
    145 & a hair. :P
    47 days binge-free - Every day is a new record!!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising close
    - no snacking yes
    - darkening the house at sunset sortakinda
    - exposure to morning sun no
    - 100% primal diet no
    - <50g carb per day probably 100?
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO I'm sure there were some in the cupcake frosting ... it was gourmet-cupcake-store-made, so I don't really know whether they'd use butter or margarine.

D (5000IU) - 6000IU
    Digestive Enzymes - 2 mid-bkfst,
    OOO (4 drops) -
    ACV (1T) -
    Also: organ pills, broth, ferments: 1oz raw goat liver, 1-2C rib broth
    Dairy-free? no

B - turkey, 2C broth, 4+oz sausage, 2.5T CO, pot roast meat

D - cheese, figs, salmon, beef, 1/4? almonds & pecans, salad, strawberriy, big pile of fourmet cupcake frosting. Didn't like anything else I sampled with tiny tiny tastes, and avoided the numerous wheat-based desserts. Stuff really does not taste good to me anymore. The cheese + fig combo was what I liked the best.

several cups of

Results
    - energy <6?/10
    - bloating = 4mo pg looking, less at the top, but the top is SORE
    - skin still middling
    - about 8hrs. Sleepy.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 12-16-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Just went to a Christmas party and had the topping off a cupcake ... yes, that's PURE sugar ... and stuff ... but not wheat, so yay... anyway, I got the sugar rush-y head feeling, then it kind of felt like it was going down my neck, and then ... down my arm. My neck & arm still hurt, over 30 minutes later. My arm feels almost numb.

What is that?

[QUOTE=MamaGrok;653931]Week 7, Day 3
    BBT -
    didn't weigh
    48 days binge-free - Every day is a new record!!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising yes
    - no snacking yes
    - darkening the house at sunset somewhat
    - exposure to morning sun yes
    - 100% primal diet yes
    - <50g carb per day probably more, but <100

D (5000IU) -8000IU
    Digestive Enzymes - 2 with dinner
    OOO (4 drops) -
    ACV (1T) -
    Also: organ pills, broth, ferments: 1C broth with dinner
    Dairy-free? no, lots of dairy

B - 4 eggs, 5.5oz sausage, 2.5T coconut oil, bit of homemade sour cream

D - turkey soup, roast beef, lots of cheeses, four dried figs, butternut squash pudding (lots of butter & eggs), good bits of fermented dairy products I have made recently

several cups of nothing. :P

Results
    - energy meh
    - bloating = bleh
    - skin a bit better, babygrok's was better yesterday. !
    - 9+hrs. VERY, very sleepy still at 2pm.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 12-18-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Head was spinning after dinner like I had had sugar. B.S. a little less than an hour later was 108.

My head still feels very weird this morning. I am dead tired.

Idontwannahaveissueswithdairy!!!!!!!