Page 5 of 138 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok) page 5

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    LOL one of the twins (almost 6yo) isn't even 35 lbs!!! His twin brother is 46 lbs though, so it averages out

Just think of the motion in shoveling snow ... but try not to actually toss your toddler, unless you have a large pile of pillows for the landing

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I have a 3yo & an almost 6yo who weigh the same (actually, the 3yo is 1lb more) and have the same shoe size, just one's bigger. Then my almost 9yo and my 12yo weigh the same and have the same shoe size. It's like they want to be twins, but didn't quite work it out, lol!

Feeling physically better, and nicer, more together, and more optimistic today! I told dh I still haven't figured out whether the gut makes me grumpy, or the same things that make the gut also makes me grumpy. Correlational or causal?

Back to a normal food log now!

Breakfast - 3 eggs in 1T CO, half slice of bacon, 1oz pepper cheese

Lunch - chicken salad, pepper cheese

Dinner - BBQ w/ a little sauce, cole slaw (restaurant made, so almost certainly some sugar), a little potato salad, very little

Exercise - water skiied for about 5 minutes, sprinted up a steep hill w/ baby on back for about 50 yards. "Sprint" is relative here - it was as fast as *I* could go, but I was walking, b/c of bebe, trying to out"run" a thunderstorm.

Plenty of vitamin D!

Great news - I weigh the same as before we went on vacation, actually a fractional amount less, even without being completely de-bloated yet!!! 169.75, let's say. That means the muscle i have under this flab (and I have a really good bit of biceps & abs that have never languished; am still pretty strong was working all that time even while the food wasn't ideal.

Just 6 more pounds to pre-pregnancy weight, then 19 more pounds to pre-pregnancy #4 weight, then 7 more pounds to pre-pregnancy #3 weight, then 5 more pounds to pre-pregnancy #1 weight - skipping #2 b/c I only weighed 115 then and that'll never happen again! It may sound likek pregnancies were responsible for my weight gain from this, but not at all. I always lost my pregnancy weight, but then gained more b/c between #2 & #3 I had increasing #s of UTIs, and TONS after #3. So countless rounds of antibiotics set up the gut nightmare that led to the crazy sugar/carb cravings that absolutely created this weight gain over the last 5 years. My goal is ... hmmm .... 135. I'm 170. Go!

Just did Level 1, Day 1 of SimpleFit. I am GLISTENING! Whew, it feels good! I did 14 minutes instead of 20 with dh - and now, 5m later, I feel like I wanna go and do more! Got in 23 sets. I'm doing modified pull-ups - hanging on to the bar on the end of my elliptical with my feet way out in front of me, but planted on the ground. I'm at about a 45 degree angle to the ground and pulling up 3 for every 1 called for. Definitely feels like it's working the same muscles. DH says it looks like it is.

He's so born in shape, lol. I don't think he's done a pullup in 5 years, but just went and grabbed an i-beam in the basement and did 10 just for good measure to kick things off. He naturally eats perfectly - everything I've ever "discovered", he's already doing, including eating low grain intake and disdaining sugar naturally. Great inspiration!!

ETA I had a bite of peach cobbler in the afternoon and about 8pm had Greek yogurt w/ honey.

And just typing 'honey' made my stomach do a flip, so definitely still need to be very cautious!
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 08-01-2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: forgot some food

Glorious Day! 168.5 - that means I already have my pound loss for the week plus some.

I can totally feel where it is - my gut is nearly empty. Bloating almost entirely gone. Feels super great.

SimpleFit questions in case there's anyone reading!
    - CF & SF say "3 days on, one off." I've read here that most ppl don't seem to be doing it that often. I don't think it should be done that often. What is better? Skipping a day between each "day"? Two days off instead of one?
    - DH did L1, D1 and didn't even break a sweat. Literally. How far should he skip ahead?

TIA!!

Gonna start a more formal PB checklist tomorrow. Here's today:

Breakfast - 3 eggs in bacon grease, 1 slice heritage smoked bacon (thick)
    Lunch - salad, leftover steak & kidney no-pie w/ onions & peppers, small serving potato/greenbean salad, leftover bean dip (see what happens), tiny bite of PB&J (no bread), greek yogurt w/ a good helping of blueberries
    Dinner - ribeye, big ol' salad, mashed potatoes with tons of butter & some sour cream & a little milk, grilled zuke

Walked around all morning picking up stuff.
    Swam 8 laps (all I could fit in during adult swim, lol) - 3 free 2 back 2 breast 1 fly
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 08-01-2010 at 05:24 PM.

171 (definitely from the presumably unsoaked beans yesterday, no biggie)

1. Eat lots of animals & plants. (No insects for me, thankyouverymuch!)
    Breakfast - 3 eggs in 1TB CO, 1oz pepper cheese

Lunch - salad, sliced roast beef rolled up w/ mayo & horseradish, bit o' leftover cheesy egg, some PB&J & banana mixed together, bit o' chevre w/ honey

Snack - smoothie (whole yogurt, raw eggs, coconut oil, banana, strawberries, raspberries - divided 5 ways)

Dinner - ham steak (from uncured ham, not the pink slabs), salad, potato salad, green beans in butter. I should mention that dinner always includes about 1/4C of OJ to wash down my 1/2t fCLO

2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
    Decent bit of housework.
    More standing than most days, trying to stand while using computer.

3. Lift heavy things.
    Regularly lifting 17lb infant and occasionally lifting 36lb 3yo during day.
    Cook with cast iron, lol.
    And - drug my heavy body around for L1, D2 of SimpleFit. 5m. Hurrah! Dadblame squats ...

4. Run really fast once in a while.
    Goal: 1x/wk

5. Get lots of sleep.
    8hrs in bed, probably slept 7.5hrs (don't know why I'm lying awake 30m each night when I'm so dead tired at night, in the morning, and mid-day)
    Sleepy all morning, more awake in evening.

6. Play.
    Nope. Not at all. I sang opera, though, does that count?

7. Get some sunlight every day.
    ate breakfast on the deck @ 7:15 (post-sunrise, but clouds & trees blockthe sun) w/ glasses on so some light can get to my eyes

8. Avoid trauma.
    Ya!

9. Avoid poisonous things.
    No drugs, meds, or alcohol in my life.

10. Use your mind.
    eh, not much. mostly in posting when I should be doing other stuff.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 08-03-2010 at 08:08 AM.

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    you're doing great!!
    can't help you with the SimpleFit, sorry...

Breakfast - 3 eggs in 1TB CO, 1oz pepper cheese

Lunch - Kind of a browsing mess, since I was busy w/ babe in arms.
    leftover ham steak, leftover potato/greenbean salad, PB&J (need to cut this out)

Snack - greek yogurt w/ emergen-C
    Dinner - spaghetti w/o noodles, buttered spinach stems, salad

2mi walk w/ baby on back

3. Lift heavy things.

Goal: 1x/wk
    Did it! Sprinted up last hill of our walk w/ baby on back. I've done this 2-3x before, each time easier. This time I was actually able to run (w/ a smooth stride for bebe, lol), instead of super fast walk, and it was really pretty easy! Sweated hard afterward. Probably only a 15s sprint.

5. Get lots of sleep.
    7.5 hrs, woken by accursed weather alarm. Sleepy all morning.

6. Play.
    None

Goal: 15m peak sun
    Forgot.

8. Avoid trauma.
    Check.

10. Use your mind.
    Nope.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 08-04-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Breakfast - 3 eggs in 1TB CO, ~8oz mostly soured raw milk (not anything close to as bad as it sounds, for those who've never had it!) (like anyone's reading this, ha ha!)

Lunch - ham steak, green beans, bit o' mashed potato, 30g worth of freeze-dried blueberries. Dang, those are addictive.
    Kept eating: some (slightly sugared) dried cherries, Greek yogurt + emergen-C. Hmmm. Time to nip this in the bud. <nip>

Dinner - rotisserie (on my grill) chicken, roasted veggies, (certified organic from our farmer, is that still bad?) edamame w/ himalayan sea salt, ~ melon

groc day!
    2mi hike w/ Grokette on my back, mostly barefoot and climbing over a few logs and creek

3. Lift heavy things.
    Carrying heavy groc bags & milk jugs, lol.
    SimpleFit L1D1 - completed it in 2.5m! Yippee!!! But I did it using sub pullups and girl pushups. Does that even count? Do I move up or do I stay there until I can do one pullup the real way?
    Goal: 1x/wk - check!

5. Get lots of sleep.
    lay away for close to an hour - why? I was dead tired from the last two days not getting enough. Then slept for 9hrs, proving I was dead tired. Why couldn't I get to sleep?

6. Play.
    Nope

Goal: 15m peak sun
    Forgot

8. Avoid trauma.
    So far, TBTG!

10. Use your mind.
    eh, not so much
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 08-04-2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: decided to go red for danger ;)
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Page 5 of 138 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast