Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok) page 2

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Sat - 184.25lb, lol. Loss!!!!

B - 3 eggs in butter, a little bacon, buttery grits

L - wasn't hungry

S - 1C homemade Greek yogurt, blueberries

D - big salad, ham steak, greens cooked in bacon grease sweet potato w/ goat butter

2mi walk.

Woke up today at 182.5. !!!! My gut feels great. Took my measurements, lost FOUR inches from my waist - all that gut inflation from grains/fruits? gone. Apparently the grits didn't add to it at all.

5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

hippie_mama is offline Member

Four inches!? Jealousy, right here.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

grits/corn = grains. After not eating corn since I started PB in June09, I had some corn at Thanksgiving (the only grain i ate that day) and felt INCREDIBLY bloated, gassy, and lethargic. Good reminder about why not to eat it.

Which is too bad because I love/loved creamy long-cooked grits with lots of cream and butter and cheese in it...

Also legumes are "out" - black beans, edamame, etc. Sorry! If you are going to eat them I'd definitely soak them for a long time first, changing the water a few times.

Congrats on the 4 inches lost too!!! And welcome to the forum.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Very interesting on the grits! I want to experiment later to find out whether it was the oatmeal or the ww sourdough or both that caused the bloating, but not until the first month is up. I want to know what grain-free normal is for me to really be able to tell teh difference.

I do super-soak the black beans and change water ... not willing to risk the gas that I lost when I started soaking my oatmeal. I didn't notice any effects from them, but definitely want to keep an eye out. Beans aren't in my diet very often, but when they are, they're either made from dried or they're made from fresh.

Are green beans in that same legume category? Peas? Our CSA has a few weeks of fresh crowder peas or the like every summer; would like to think ahead about how to deal with them!

Today was a great day. I have lots of energy (the return of spring is helping!), my gut feels great, I played and walked and just had a great day.

Sunday:

B - 3 eggs in butter, 1.5 sausage patties, a little bacon

L/S - 2oz cheese, 2oz salame, 3C of smoothie (raw eggs, yogurt, berry, banana) (probably about 1/3 of the nana for me; I usually add CO but am out)

D - 2 lamb chops, salad (b. pepp, mater, romaine, olives, EVOO, bals. vin.), sauteed red/org/ylw bell peppers, baked potato w/ lots of sour cream & butter

Sunday treat (the one time of the week my children have sugar is Sundays - they have organic, all-natural ice cream): 3/4C Gr yogurt w/ 1pkt Em-C. This definitely made me feel treated! And I think knowing I'll have it on Sunday will help me have my yogurt w/o it during the week.

I forgot to mention that with dinner, I almost always have 1/4C of orange juice to wash down my fermented cod liver oil.

2mi walk. Did 15m T-Tapp workout (just got it, brand new to this particular kind of workout!)

It's Monday morning and I'm craving my children's banana-maple oatmeal. So I'll go pray & do the dishes & do today's T-Tapp and just get over it, lol!

Mon 2/22

B - 3 eggs in <1T butter, 2oz chevre, 1/2C leftover butternut bisque

L - leftover pot roast (with tomatoes & potatoes & onion), 1.5oz salame, 1.5 oz cheese

S - 2oz milk. Later, 1+ C Greek yogurt w/ blueberries

D - Big Honkin Salad (the southern way, lol): romaine, carrots, tomatoes, mixed bell peppers, artichoke hearts, olives, EVOO, bals. vin., grilled chicken. Delicious!

Did T-Tapp for about 20m.

Got a mystery to solve! Since dropping grains and non-berry fruits, all gut bloating is GONE. Hurray! I had grits on Fri & Sat, no bloating, no weight gain, in fact, I dropped 2.5lb from Fri to Sun. But Wed morning I started a slow increase in bloating and now it&#39;s full. Grr. Gotta figure out what did it. Here&#39;s Tue & Wed:

Tue 2/23 183.25

B - 3 eggs, 1T butter, sauteed greens, 2oz chevre

L - chicken salad, salad (similar to recent), 4 or 5 sweet potato & beet chips (after eating these, my nose immediately started to get a full feeling - I&#39;ve long tried to pin down what does this; since these chips only had two ingredients, it must have been the canola/sunflower/safflower oil (the label says it can be any of these))

D - 4oz burger (no bun; bacon, shrooms, mater, jalapeno, pickles), fries (a tiny bit of ketchup before I remembered the sugar in it). From Five Guys - the fries are made in peanut oil; dunno what oil is used in/for the burgers

T-Tapped for 15m.

Wed 2/24 184.75, but down an inch on waist & an inch on hips, but feeling a little tiny bit bloated

B - 3 eggs, ~1T butter, 2oz chevre & cheddar, sauteed greens

L - (raw, grassfed) pepper cheese (~4oz?), chicken salad w/ almonds, 1/2C butternut bisque, blueberries

S - 1C Greek yogurt, blueberries

D - Pot roast (mater, tater, carrot, onion), BHSalad (romaine, mixed b. pepps, carrot, EVOO, bals. vin., ~ ranch dressing (no unnatural oils))

Feeling more bloated.

T-Tapped 20m, 3min walk (whoops)

Today - My gut is about halfway bloated again, I&#39;m feeling very irritable, and I&#39;ve gained two inches on my waist since yesterday, so there goes the "I&#39;m gaining muscle before losing weight" theory for me.

What is happening? Could peanut oil make me bloat? French fries or potatoes? (I had roast beef w/ potatoes last week and it didn&#39;t make me bloat.) Raw grassfed spicy cheese? ??

Thur 185 Bloating going down throughout the day

B - 3 eggs, 1T CO, sauteed greens, 2oz pepper cheese

L - leftover veggies & broth from the pot roast, some protein that I can&#39;t remember

S - 1C Greek yogurt w/ frozen raspberries

D - ribeye, salad, sauteed bell pepper & shrooms

Fri 182.5 Great gut again What did it????

B - 3 eggs in 1T CO, sauteed greens, 2oz pepper cheese

L - 4oz lox, 2oz cream cheese, capers (fermented from redbuds last year!), salad

S - (very late) 1C Greek yogurt, 1C regular plain yogurt, raspberries

D - (very late) pap & chakalaka (this is balls of grits & spicy vegetables), cod

The chakalaka had canned pinto beans in it. I wanted to see if they did anything. Yep, bloated this morning. Not a ton, and not making me heavier it seems, and doesn&#39;t make my sides feel grotesque like processed grains do, but still definitely a few inches more around the waist.

T-Tapped 18m and hours of slow walking around at a consignment sale.

I&#39;m assuming that the stagnant weight is trading muscle for fat and that weight loss should come soon. I&#39;m eating way less than 50gm carbs/day on my days, I think. I&#39;ll check with fitday soon to be sure. I&#39;m down an inch above & below the bust line. That&#39;s good. I&#39;m pretty frustrated that I lost no weight this week, but am sticking with the muscle/fat trade explanation, b/c if I don&#39;t, I&#39;ll just get way too discouraged!

Sat 2/27 183

B - 3 eggs in CO, 2 sausage patties

L - chicken in a BHS, sauteed veggies, a little potato salad. Was at a birthday party and not even tempted by the cake or ic (which was my favorite flavor) Victory!

S - Easter cake (=navy beans, butter, CO, honey, cashews, dates). All gone now. buh-bye! (And just one nice sized slice, too!) craving milk now, though. Probably should eat more lamb to take care of that.

D - Salad, steak, mashed potatoes (sour cream, milk, lots of butter)

18m T-Tapp, 3 mile walk

Haven't lost any weight this week; gained half an inch on my gut & lost half an inch on my chest (not bra) measurement. Kinda frustrated. Well, I'm sure not going back to bloating & cravings, so there's no option other than to keep on keepin' on!
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 04-25-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast