Page 135 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1371

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok) page 135

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't know what's wrong with this site today. I can't review yesterday's post.

Yesterday's dinner: bits of sausage and roast beef. Greek salad (just veggies & oil & vinegar).

Today:
    B: surprise! 3oz ssg, 3 eggs, 1T CO
    L: roast beef, Greek salad (same)
    D: one bite each of ham, carrot, and cheese before I thought about the dairy & sugar in them. pulled smoked pork w/vinegar & mustard (no sauce), green beans w/ some ssg (restaurant)

I definitely am getting a strong set of trigger fingers when I do this treatment in the recliner, even after just an hour.
    Sooooooooooooo sleepy today. 7-8hrs of sleep all week is killing me.

The psychologist that runs the place was supposed to start counseling me yesterday or today, I thought. We'll see how it goes!

New World Symphony, Mozart's Requiem Mass, & Beethoven's 9th Symphony, got to listen to them all in full today. LOVE. I'm realizing how much I must have listened to the NWS studying in college, b/c I feel like I know all kinds of little bits and pieces of it, even though I don't think I've heard it in 17 years.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-12-2014 at 06:08 AM.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

B: ssg, eggs, co!
    L: deli roast beef

The 3rd day (I think), I was going downstairs in the dark (I do this all the time), and missed the last step and turned my ankle hard, and fell. I used to sprain my ankle on average every 2 years during my poor diet time (serious, needing crutches). It hasn't happened since I switched to a TF diet. (I even used to turn my ankle just hiking through the woods.) So I was very surprised that my ankle totally collapsed and hurt that bad.

I ice it immediately, then went to a hot hot bath (detox! done it every day of treatment!) I rested it all night, elevated, and in the morning, it was just puffy and a little painful, but I could easily walk. (Phew!) A few days later, it's still puffy, but not painful and I can even use 2" wedge heels with no trouble. Lesson A: wow, it sucks how much my body falls apart on bad food. Lesson B: Glad I finally learned how to treat this stuff, and it's still not as bad as it used to be. Once I sprained it in a step class and despite icing and elevation, could not walk at all for several days, and once I could, still shouldn't and needed crutches.

L has been up every day this week. It's the most consistent result, and is clearly tied to the drip, IMO. Last night, I was unable to deal with a stress at all, and felt nasty and hate-the-world for at least half an hour afterward, even though I had just taken a detox bath. Kinda disturbing. I could identify the mood and removed myself from the situation (although I slipped myself in again for just a second to get in a zinger), but that doesn't make having the mood any more fun. I apologized later to one party for my behavior, and still need to go back and apologize to another for the verbal arrow I shot.

I think cravings are down, but I won't really know until at least two weeks have passed without a binge. That's the longest I've gone since getting off the AA's the first time (and then back on).

Mood is joyful and exuberant this morning, and although I was dead tired when I woke up this morning, I was energetic and enjoyed getting ready and looking decent and being with my dh.

I don't think I've ever - ever - been off of sugar and all carbs for 6 days and not lost any weight. Could it be all the fluids I'm taking in that is keeping me from loss? No decrease in inches anywhere, either, and only a very slight decrease in bloating.

Things to note:

- Mood mostly more cheerful & joyous. Last two days, though, exploding under little stresses, even though preceded and followed by said joyous mood.

- No weight lost. Feel a bit thinner in the middle, but nothing showing.

- Several pimples on the back & sides of my neck along the lymph lines.

- Voice somewhat clearer high, but husky again low yesterday. Still, band leader said he likes my voice better than ever now.

- Cough has returned more, but not severe. Just worse than early last week.

- Great day yesterday with "feeling," loving my children, responding to individual situations individually instead of with rote authority responses. All of this happened without me really having to fight to remind myself or force myself to do it.

- Cravings certainly lower, although I'm still pretty certain I'd do something stupid if I didn't have this treatment to ruin.

- The treatment is definitely not making me pee as much as the first few days. One theory ... somehow it's helping retain water in my cells (I usually show dehydration via the BUN:creatinine ratio, even when well hydrated), and so it's not going straight through me? Or could be negative ... for some reason retaining the water instead of releasing it properly ... IDK.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-13-2014 at 07:54 AM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Mama grok, hugs to you girl. This is a little bump the road.

Stick with it, and know that we are all sending hugs your way

G x

Thank you.

Day 10. My cravings haven't improved as much as most people, they said, so they're telling me they're absolutely committed to my success and will continue working with me to figure out other sources for the cravings. They have gone down, no doubt. But grocery shoppping was difficult yesterday, and I'm concerned about the future. I know I can't do it by white-knuckling it alone, every day for the rest of my life.

I also felt like I desperately needed a tart fruit, so I had some pomegranate. I'll go back to moderate amounts of sweet potato & tart fruit tomorrow, I think, b/c long term zero carb just doesn't sit with my intuition, for some reason.

Last night, I was despairing of the usefulness of this treatment, and cranky and tired and snappy. Then I realized I had lost two pounds. The last few times I've lost that amount, it was preceded by the same. Interesting.

Not sure why it took 9 days without sugar to start losing anything (not even water weight?! really?!), but hey.

My high seems to have been 167lb. Yippee.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Cheering you on from the sidelines...

I *can* tell that when I read advertisements for the gluten-free bakery, it doesn't pique my interest like it usually does. I usually see them late morning or early afternoon.

Face was decreasing in puffiness, but increased again a few days ago. (I noticed last month that it would decrease sometimes even in the midst of sugar, but I *think* maybe that certain kinds of dairy or something puffed it back up?)

I'm definitely *not* craving sugar & carbs the last few days, just tart fruit.

Slept 10.5 hrs last night, so starting to catch up on the deficit, but now at 1, I'm pretty sleepy.

I was startled to see that when I squeeze my abs, my gut is flat this morning. Very strange, since I don't feel too deflated, and only 1" is gone from my waist (and nothing anywhere else) ... but I'll take it! B/c that goes a LONG way toward looking less middle and bottom heavy!
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-16-2014 at 11:41 AM.

MamaMidwife is offline Junior Member
    homeschooling mother of five
    Me too!