Page 126 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1371

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok) page 126

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was wonderfully blessed to be able to go horseback riding today at the GA International Horse Park. I haven't cantered in so long; it was lovely.

Then I was terribly sleepy this afternoon, just miserable. It waned a bit as I had things I had to do, then hit again and I wasn't able to make dinner. Still very sleepy. I really wanted to go to bed at 8! But the good news is, my legs kept working. I just kept doing little, low-energy decluttering. So thankful for that!

Big cravings this evening. I really wanted a GF cookie. I had an apple with lunch and an orange with dinner, and just decided to have another orange. It seemed to be enough. I am really trying to stick to whole fruit as my only sweet source, b/c I don't seem to be able to binge hard on that right now. Does it still make a binge on something else more likely? That remains to be seen.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Christi Lynn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    I have had success with cholacol & Jarrow brands, and maybe nutricology (not sure).

I, too, bloat with all those foods, and many more. It seemed ox bile had stopped all that, but now I am bloating with everything again, although the cramps & runs are gone (thank goodness, good riddance). So now I eat the coconut products, anyway, since they don't make me any worse than anything else. :/

Thanks for the vote of confidence. While the weight gain is baffling & so is the bloating, my current physical energy & mental emotional stability is fantastic, and my voice is very clear (certainly helpful singing the Easter Sequence at 7:30 Mass this morning!) after months and months of a thickness & stuffiness in it, so something is definitely going right at the same time other things are going wrong. In the past, all these things would go up and down together, so the parting of their trends is very interesting!
    Thanks for the answer to my question! I'll be placing an order for the ox bile as soon as I figure out the other things I need to order as I'll be making my own beauty and cleaning products and dumping the toxic stuff by mid May. So many things to do, learn, etc to try to restore health but I'm sure it will be worth it! Sure hope that your bloating leaves and you figure out your stuff! Thanks so much for sharing all that you do as it helps so many to see they aren't alone!
    Christi ~ getting healthy one day at a time ~

Keep us posted on your experience with it!

Today - felt a bit resistant to doing what I should this morning, but had an otherwise good energy & mood day. I was really able to stay calm in my dealings with even the most blatantly offensively disobedient child today - a wonderful improvement. I've been praying for the ability to parent the way I want (gentle & firm all at the same time, all from love) for almost a decade now, and not had the emotional stability to do it. Before that time, I had tremendous emotional stability even int he face of the biggest obstacles of life, for my whole life. I'd love to return to that!

Having trouble the last few mornings gettnig away from the computer, even though later energy has been better. This is throwing my whole day off. I haven't woken up feeling as rested, either. I just felt (4:45pm) the first twinge of feeling overwhelmed that I've had in close to a month. Not liking it.

15lb in two months.

Wow.

It appears clear to me that every binge, even though none of them are as big or as bad as what I used to have daily, even though none of them are any worse than the few I had in Nov & Dec, every binge since January has resulted in a 3lb weight gain. None of those binges were of 3lb of food; none of them were 3lb worth of calories; yet I have gained 3lb with each one. The scale shows it.

I have no idea how this is possible.

Is it as simple as what Taubes theorized? Carbs -> Insulin -> Fat storage.

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    It's your body's way of adaptation. It's water weight. Carbs need water when you eat them, so it holds on to the water, once you go ultra low carb after a binge your body should drop the weight within the week of the binge.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Sophie C C is offline Junior Member
    Wow mamma Grok you are an inspiration. 2 kids myself (1&3) and I really struggle to beat sugar addiction and focus on being primal while feeding them. I'd welcome advice on baby steps to beat the cravings and protein with breakfast sounds like a good one

Quote Originally Posted by momofredheads View Post
    It's your body's way of adaptation. It's water weight. Carbs need water when you eat them, so it holds on to the water, once you go ultra low carb after a binge your body should drop the weight within the week of the binge.
    Sadly, no dice. In the past, a binge would result in bloating & water retention for 6 days. Starting in Jan/Feb, it would just go up and never go away. I can go zero carb for three weeks (and have), and the bloating stays. and stays. and stays.

I went up to 18lb, and back down to 15lb. It won't go away. It might be the DHEA. I went off that a week ago. No loss yet.

This really sux.

Some info that may be coalescing into a theory:

Estrogen -> SHBG
    SHBG responds by lowering E, T, & thyroid - all three, not just one!

So, did my taking DHEA starting in January raise Estrogen, which bound up my E, T, & thyroid, making my think that I had low E & T (as the numbers showed)? And did the E cause the 15lb weight gain in 6 weeks?

TBTG, no more gain in the last few weeks. Steady at 147.5. Suck, but better than gaining still.

I started saw palmetto today to keep my natural DHEA from converting into Estrogen and maybe get a jump start on the weight loss by doing so.

Next question: why is my E high? I think this high E has been going on for some time, and I don't have the usual risk factors.*

(Source: Uzzi Reiss & Dr. Mariano from CA)
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 04-28-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Got irritable & headachey today for the first time in a long time. Possible culprits: taking 2 instead of 3 l-tyro for the last few days (but I was past the irritable/headache stuff long before taking l-tyro) or running out of HCl and not taking any at all today.

Same weight for nearly three weeks, but clearly a body comp shift. Pants are feeling slightly slightly looser while my upper arms continue to get fatter. Weird. Not my pattern at all. I'm taking saw palmetto every day and plan to get some DIM soon.

I do feel like I might be getting a little less cravy the more days I stay at full amino levels and then some, when it comes to l-glut. But one bite of golden raisin today and I went a little nuts on them.

The irritable feeling is like in my brain. I feel like something is literally irritating my mind. I also had a c-clamp headache this evening. I think my senses may be more sensitive, too. dh rubbing my head made me want to shrink away.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 05-01-2013 at 07:13 PM.