Page 123 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1366

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok) page 123

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Won't weigh till thigh swelling is down.
    BBT - 9?.? (CD2)

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast: 50gm protein w/i 30m: 80.80m
    - 5+ hrs between meals: ..
    - Done eating by 7:30, 3.5hrs b4 bed: .
    - No snacking, <50g carb/day, 100% epi-paleo:y.y.
    - Sun in day, dark@sunset:n.@
    - Minutes grounded:
    - Cold: house@66day56night, bkfst@27/sunny for 5m before dd climbed on me. I can only handle one stressor at a time. Freezing temps in one layer of clothes, sure, but not with a toddler climbing on me so I have to dodge getting food all over me!

Supps
    D12K, Bcmplx50, Se200, Curcumin. CO, ACV, Green Tea, 3Mgs, NDT: yes.n/y/n//4gr (5:40/7:40/11/11:40)
    3HCl, OxBile, Bitters (out) per meal: bkfst.
    NAC(glutathione), Zn, D-Rib: y(1200).yes.out
    Other (DigEnz, Feverfew, Milk Thistle, Probx, VitC): Fvrfw,
    Organs, seafood, broth, ferments: yes.yes.no.no

Suspect foods (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh, carb): trace sugar & pepper in ssg.

B - huge pile of fish & grassfed beef sausage & cinnamon & bacon grease. Small orange. Cherry jam.
    L -
    D -BIG PILE O' CRAP. (No grains. Lots of sugar, dairy, peanuts, etc.)

Results
    - Energy: 6. Mood:
    - Bloating: 4m AM.
    - Skin: soft, esp on belly
    - Sleep: solid. took a while to get to sleep, though. Wonder why?

Thought: Could bloating be from current sausage provider? This is neither factory-farmed nor pastured pork. Somewhere in between, and they almost certainly eat corn & soy.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 02-18-2013 at 06:11 PM.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Aaaaaaaaaand this is what I did when I got bored of cleaning the playroom yesterday and saw one too many really bad YouTube covers of favorite songs... did my own cover. LOL.

What About Me cover (Moving Pictures) - YouTube

(It's totally good for a laugh. Especially the dinosaur. Love that dinosaur.)
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 02-17-2013 at 07:35 AM.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    ^ Funny

Hanging on by skin of teeth...? No... already fell off... clawing at cliff trying to keep from hitting bottom...

Hi, Cierra. I obliterated my cravings for a full year by a high protein & fat breakfast. The more protein and fat, the more the cravings went away till one day they were simply gone, and gone for a year.

They're back. Not as strong as before, but enough that I'm really struggling to keep from bingeing again. I don't know what's responsible,b ut I know now that this is much more complex than I ever imagined it could be. It could be agouti, NPY, gut bacteria, Mg deficiency, 5-HTP/serotonin problems, or who knows what. I'm working and I will never give up.

Thanks for being here, and I hope you share what works and doesn't for you on your own journey!

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Mama Grok. Just a couple of quick comments and a guess as to what might be going on with your current rollercoaster ride. I think that your mentioning the adrenals may mean that you are on the right track. I had noticed a while back that your most recent labwork showed a really high T3 level. I'm really wondering if that's part of what is going on. You probably already know this, but I have read repeatedly that if there are any adrenal issues present, that treating the thyroid without treating them as well will further stress the adrenals and cause even bigger issues. I'm wondering if your body is in hyperthyroid mode with the high T3 (as well as many of your symptoms), and your adrenals are screaming "UNCLE!!" There are many ways to address the adrenal issues that could help you right away. Pantothenic acid (B5) is a big one, and there are many effective adaptogens available by which people with adrenal fatigue/exhaustion swear.

Just a thought. I'm dealing with hypothyroidism and adrenal issues, so I've read a lot on the subject - more than I ever wanted to!

I hope you're able to figure out what's going on and that maybe in the meantime you can find something that will help take the edge off. Stress management is paramount in regard to the adrenals, which both affect and are affected by thyroid function (or the lack thereof) and the treatment of such issues.

Good luck, and hang in there! You're a strong, tough chick - you'll get through this. Take a bunch of deep breaths and hop on good old Google while having a glass of wine (if you drink wine) or maybe an L-Theanine instead! <<< GREAT for relaxation, btw!
    Last edited by GoJenGo; 02-18-2013 at 09:01 AM.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Jen, I was horribly hypothyroid, but with a strong possibility of Hashi's (by signs & some tests, but haven't tested positive for antibodies, probably since my diet was so squeaky clean for the year prior to each test). I started the STTM protocol of increasing natural desiccated thyroid (increase half grain every two weeks till you stop seeing improvement and/or start seeing signs of hyper) and felt better with each dose, never feeling hyper.

Still, when I realized suddenly that I was on 6+ grains/day (b/c I learned that ThyroGold is a lot more potent than most people think), I decided to back down some, especially given those high T3 results you're talking about having seen. I've backed down slowly and am on 3.5 or 4 grains every day now, still feeling well as far as the specific energy & mood signs that I use to gauge my thyroid progress.

So I'm not hyper b/c of overproduction, but because of overmedicating, nonetheless, I'm working on remedying that.

The cravings were bad when I was hypo for years without knowing it, and actually for many years before the bad hypo signs came. The cravings came back before the hyper grew. I don't think they're related, but certainly I'm always working on balancing my thyroid dose. I know my adrenals are wonky (low in range in AM, med-hi in evening, but BELOW range at noon) and am using the circadian T3 protocol to work on that. I have heard good and bad about adaptogens, and even serious adverse results if you use one kind and your body wants another (b/c of TH1 or something), and have been hesitant to dive into reading up on them while focusin gon reading up on so many other things. I know I shouldn't take maca, but I can't remember why, lol.

I am seriously at a loss. Maybe I'll try 5-HTP next. What the heck?

I think I have a serious deficiency in something, but not sure what.

That reminds me; I need to call that doc I got a referral to stat, to get my Pg:E2 worked out, and I need to order a micronutrient blood test stat, too.

Won't weigh till water swelling is down.
    BBT - 9?.? (CD..)

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast: 50gm protein w/i 30m: 80.80m
    - 5+ hrs between meals: ..
    - Done eating by 7:30, 3.5hrs b4 bed: .
    - No snacking, <50g carb/day, 100% epi-paleo:y.y.
    - Sun in day, dark@sunset:n.@
    - Minutes grounded:
    - Cold: house@66day56night, bkfst@27/

Supps
    D12K, Bcmplx50, Se200, Curcumin. CO, ACV, Green Tea, 3Mgs, NDT: yes.n/y/n//4gr (5:40/7:40/11/11:40)
    3HCl, OxBile, Bitters (out) per meal: bkfst.
    NAC(glutathione), Zn, D-Rib: y(1200).yes.out
    Other (DigEnz, Feverfew, Milk Thistle, Probx, VitC): Fvrfw,
    Organs, seafood, broth, ferments: yes.yes.no.no

Suspect foods (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh, carb): trace sugar & pepper in ssg.

B - fresh & canned mussels, bunch o' meat
    L -
    D -meat + fairly small pile o' crap

Results
    - Energy: 6. Needed a nap at 3pm, missed picking up my beef! Mood: 4-6
    - Bloating: 4.5m AM.
    - Skin: soft
    - Sleep: solid. got to sleep quickly. Woke at dh's alarm at 5:40 & couldn't sleep again till 7. ? Slept 7-7:40, then needed a nap mid-afternoon. Bad.

Well, no "Day One" yet.

I need 7 days of pplenty of ox bile & HCl, no carbs, no violations, no CAFO meat, so I can really see if I can get rid of this water problem, and then go back to working on the strange mood upheavals of late.

MUST must must remember to call the doc I need to see. Must!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Jen, I was horribly hypothyroid, but with a strong possibility of Hashi's (by signs & some tests, but haven't tested positive for antibodies, probably since my diet was so squeaky clean for the year prior to each test). I started the STTM protocol of increasing natural desiccated thyroid (increase half grain every two weeks till you stop seeing improvement and/or start seeing signs of hyper) and felt better with each dose, never feeling hyper.

Still, when I realized suddenly that I was on 6+ grains/day (b/c I learned that ThyroGold is a lot more potent than most people think), I decided to back down some, especially given those high T3 results you're talking about having seen. I've backed down slowly and am on 3.5 or 4 grains every day now, still feeling well as far as the specific energy & mood signs that I use to gauge my thyroid progress.

So I'm not hyper b/c of overproduction, but because of overmedicating, nonetheless, I'm working on remedying that.

The cravings were bad when I was hypo for years without knowing it, and actually for many years before the bad hypo signs came. The cravings came back before the hyper grew. I don't think they're related, but certainly I'm always working on balancing my thyroid dose. I know my adrenals are wonky (low in range in AM, med-hi in evening, but BELOW range at noon) and am using the circadian T3 protocol to work on that. I have heard good and bad about adaptogens, and even serious adverse results if you use one kind and your body wants another (b/c of TH1 or something), and have been hesitant to dive into reading up on them while focusin gon reading up on so many other things. I know I shouldn't take maca, but I can't remember why, lol.

I am seriously at a loss. Maybe I'll try 5-HTP next. What the heck?

I think I have a serious deficiency in something, but not sure what.

That reminds me; I need to call that doc I got a referral to stat, to get my Pg:E2 worked out, and I need to order a micronutrient blood test stat, too.
    Yes, that was actually what I meant - not that your body itself had been thrown into it. I thought maybe your adrenals could be responding to that, but it sounds like you're addressing them with your T3 protocol. You're right about the adaptogens, though - I had no doubt that if you were to look into it, you'd research it fully and know exactly what to take and what not to take in your case.

Good luck in finding the culprit in all of this. Hope to read that you're feeling better soon.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post

Well, no "Day One" yet.

I need 7 days of pplenty of ox bile & HCl, no carbs, no violations, no CAFO meat, so I can really see if I can get rid of this water problem, and then go back to working on the strange mood upheavals of late.
    Sorry, for yet another post - I just read this. Is there any chance the mood upheaval is related to whatever might be causing the water retention? Maybe they'll leave the building together?!

- Robert Louis Stevenson