Page 121 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1366

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok) page 121

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Two nights of eating the steak/kidney/heart/broth/cajun/cumin stew, each followed by a day of fullness across entire lower trunk, slow motility. Strange. Could be a delayed reaction to the curry, too.

I'll keep my mind open.

Didn't weigh myself this morning, since I was so rounded. Temp was 98.1 most of yesterday, so yay for that! 98 now, yay!

Woke sleepy yesterday and sleepier today, but I think I needed to catch up on some sleep.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Yesterday started well, and I even got out in the yard and (very slowly, careful not to work over hard, despite feeling good) dug up some way overgrown day lilies. But after coming in to start dinner prep around 2pm, I got hit by a blast of sleepiness. After a little while,, I managed to put away the yard mess, and went on to feel more and more tired, very very heavy in the limbs, and eventually, shaky in the legs. Continued all night.

Dear toddler sweetie peed in my bed at 4:45am - Great-grandpa must have given her wheat without my knowledge, b/c she has been dry at night since she was a few months old - and I couldn't get back to sleep for at least an hour. Finally slept, till 9 or so

I am snapping at everyone this morning, although not feeling horrible.

Something's up.
    * too little meds now that I dropped the TG & am staying at 4 grains NDT?
    * too much meds now that I've been taking 3-7 drops of iodine each day for the last 6 days?
    * "die-off" from positive effects of iodine? (I remember how bad it was after I started the Leptin Reset, which went on to save my life)
    * too much Cajun seasoning? (had tiny amounts of it repeatedly for an hour last night ... not a good sign) Doubtful this alone could do it
    * changes from CT, grounding, less light at night, ...?

So, after four or so days of loving the Cajun seasoning, it finally blew up on me today. HAD to have dinner by 4p, ate a whole package of Applegate roast beef, then still needed to eat, so had some ofthe kids' (gluten free sprouted organic) granola, then more (now passing to gas to show for it), then olive tapenade, most of a can of coconut cream (with cocoa powder in it), then in a last fit of desperation, choc-covered popcorn & some M&M's & raisins.

By no means a binge, by no means a total disaster, and definitely a earning experience. STAY AWAY FROM THE SEASONING! Even though it has more cayenne than sugar, I just had to have more and more, even though my tongue was on fire!

GOOD NEWS: My temp has been steady at 98.2 for the last 3 days! !!! Amazing. Just two weeks ago, it was showing up and down all over the place, and almost always much lower than that. This is simply amazing. I strongly believe it's the circadian T3, but could also be the iodine. Still doing just 4-6 drops per day (2% Lugol's) of that right now.

Won't weigh till bloating & thighs are down again. Stupid me. But I learned.

Two nights of waking around 5am and staying awake for an hour. Blerg. Stayed in bed the whole time, lights out & eyes closed. Finally got a sound night last night.

Weird day.

The good: temp has been 98.6 steady all day for the last two days. Totally googly-eyed over that. It's been in the 96 & low 97's for as long as I've been temping, years. CT3P or I?

The bad: weighed 137 this morning, lol. Crazy body. Must be still suffering from Wednesday night. I know there was trace corn, oat, & rice in there, just trace amounts, though.

The ugly: Ate fish coconut curry for dinner and just 30m later was hit with nausea, salivating, hard stomach, then a wave or two of cramps, in that order. Ears got hot and temp went up to 98.9 for about 5 minutes, then back down. Been dreadfully tired and groggy ever since.

I slept jjust 6.5hrs yesterday (was woken up) and maybe 8 today, so definitely behind in that department.

Concerned b/c AF was only 1.5 days this month. That can't be a good sign.

Consumed entire jar of fleur de sal caramel from TJ's tonight. Yikes. At least it was about the same sugar & calories as a nice fat slice of cheesecake with no frightening ingredients. Not even milk, just cream & butter. So not technically a binge, but I sure felt unable to stop it. There are serious problems when I don't have enough meat available at 3-6pm.

Good news from it is that I didn't get the usual too-much-sugar symptoms.l Only towards the very end did I feel bad & jittery. Very overfull, but not the awful stuff sugar usually does to me. Interesting.

Oh, I also had a larabar & fruit leather in my desperate efforts to eat something that would stop the craving before it got dangerous.

I'm in trouble. Just for the record. Ate things today I haven't eaten in ages. PB & honey. Yogurt & Emergen-C. Larabar. Jelly. Just looking for a fix. Look nearly 7mo pregnant now.

Lord, save me from myself.

Can't the cravings just GO AWAY?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you are having trouble with cravings MG
    Do you know what might be causing them?

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    MG - saying a prayer for you.

I don't know what's causing it. Still no binge, but lots and lots of yogurt & honey & anything sweet I can find (which ain't easy in my house). I'm afraid to go to the store for fear of buying something horrendous and eating the whole thing.

Gonna have to get this worked out stat.

Weird development: I'm getting tiny cuts on my hands while I sleep. Nothing sharp in my bed; nails are short & dull. This has been happening over the last three weeks. They look and feel like paper cuts and I find one almost every morning when I wake up. They hurt enough to limit function of the affected finger. They're always on the back of my hand or fingers (except one that was under a nail bed), but not always on the joints. MY SKIN IS NOT DRY. It's the softest it's ever been in my life.

Two times it happened during the evening; but it was abrasions and not cuts. I suddenly noticed blood dripping from my hand! There was a pea-sized irregular abrasion on my hand and I had not been doing ANYthing that could have caused it.

I've googled this and there are a LOT of people having the same problem, but the answer they always get is "dry skin; use more lotion." MY SKIN IS NOT DRY. At all. What the frak?

Alright, two out of the last three days dairy- and sweets-free.

Up to 10 drops iodine daily now.
    Holding steady at 4gr NDT daily, sometimes forgetting and doing 2 instead.
    Out of Mg Threonate for about a week, took 2 today.
    Started d-ribose today, about 7-8gm. Too sweet. Makes me crave.

My skin really is really, really nice & smooth! Especially on my hands.

Saw this crazy chart on FB that claimed that a tomato had more protein than an egg, lol. It listed everything as percentages, though, and sure, a tomato has a higher percentage of its caloric makeup in protein than an egg does (because an egg also has critical nourishing fats!). But it would take 7 tomatoes to have the protein of ONE egg, so uh ... no thanks.

Another example was bell peppers, said to have as much protein as chicken. LOL. It takes 28 bell peppers to equal the protein in one serving of chicken. Poor vegetarians have either lost their minds or their integrity, one.