Page 120 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1372

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok) page 120

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just finished 30m in 51F bath, and it was fine. Very strange! No shivering, could have gone a lot longer. 10m later, I'm still not freezing . My temp is 96.2, though, down a degree from "normal" for me. Odd!

ETA I shivered very mildly for the next 30m while trying to get to sleep. Very mild, just enough to be slightly irritating.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-14-2013 at 06:41 AM.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Another day of waking up looking 4.5m pregnant and ~5 by the end of the day. Felt better in the middle, though. More fish, pork, beef, fat.

I'm wearing my blue-blockers. Gotta get serious on my hormone levels, from DHEA on down to cortisol & progesterone.

I just got my enterolabs results in.

Good: Conquered the fat malabsorption!!! I'm absorbing my nutrients again!

Bad: Long list of sensitivities other than gluten. Gotta find out about that Beef listing. That could make life very unpleasant.

Ugly: Two copies of gluten-sensitivity-predisposing genes. That means both parent & all my children also have at least one copy. It's not that celiac-predisposing gene, not that it matters, since I already have the immune reaction against gluten, autoimmune reaction based from it, fat malabsorption, low hormones, low calcium & magnesium, low fat-soluble vitamins, & abdominal distress from it. :P

Heiditje is offline Junior Member
    Hi MamaGrok,

Thanks for your reply (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d46114-10.html). Yes, I do think that leptin reset would be good for me... but it is not easy... feel very tired.
    Maybe I had too much protein today. According to the food counter app I had 230gr protein today. Is there a limit? How much should you eat at lunch and dinner time? By that time I was so hungry, that I ate a lot!

I did bake everything in coconot oil, so that should be the sat fat, right? I also take omega3-6 capsules.
    Do you eat the coocnut oil like that? I tried it, but I didn't really like it.

Is it true that no fruit is allowed? No apple?

I just looked into your journal. Wow! It must be fantastic to be not hungry and to be able to skip lunches. It is encouraging to read that many health issues (gluten, bloating, sugar craving, fatigue..) diminish with this eating pattern. I hope this will work for me too. So far the first day is almost over ... not completely perfect (I did had some healthy snacks), but hopefully tomorrow things will go better!

Sorry, for posting double, not sure what the easiest way is too post this...

The lunch & dinner protein can go down as you feel the need, as the big breakfast goes up. Eventually, I lost the need to eat lunch at all. A lot of people find they prefer to get by with just some macadamia nuts in coconut oil, or something similar ,for lunch.

My dinner is usually close to a full one. My protein total for the day isn't really any higher than most paleo/primal folks say you should get.

I don't remember if fruit is allowed on the 6-8 weeks of the LR. I can tell you that Dr. Kruse is absolutely right that every little "cheat" will set you back a week to 10 days! Ask me how I know, lol!

Two links you will definitely want to check out: Leptin Reset Easy Start Guide | Living an Optimized Life The Leptin Prescription | Living an Optimized Life

I personally do not like CO plain (my hubby does), but I love things sauteed in it.

Fatigue did start to lift with LR (after it got worse!), then got better when I really went 100% gluten- and dairy-free, and took off when I started taking natural desiccated thyroid. I hope you fin dwhat you need!

Strange - I was famished at 4pm, ate a bunch of meat, ate dinner at 6, then had some choc-covered caramels (no milk, just butter & butter oil) (TJ's, so fairly benign, soy & sugar, nothing much else). I had been staring down chocolate bark & toffee & raisins for a long time by then. Why the sudden craving? Still had it after eating another full serving or so of meat & fat.

About 3.5mo pg worth of bloat this morning, slowly going down. 135lb, leg still up 1/4".

Heiditje is offline Junior Member
    Hi MamaGrok

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it. Weird. Today I had a huge breakfast (75gr protein) and a big lunch and was still hungry. I was getting crazy at work and thought of stopping with it. Shortly after lunch I ate 50gr walnuts and some tomatoes and now it is 7.30pm and I am still not hungry (feels as if I ate too much, but my belly is pretty flat)...
    And I am in ketosis according to those sticks.
    Maybe walnuts are the trick, or the combination with meat?

Good luck!

It took several months at my personal ideal protein level to finally feel like I had had enough food. Others are the opposite - they have to keep pushing the 50g until they can finally get it down. I did 65g and felt like I could eat it all over again, and then had a big lunch & supper, too. Finally it clicked and I started having satiety/fullness.

Woke at 6:20 yesterday & never got back to sleep, but felt fin eall day! I got a little sleepy around 8:30, but nothing terrible.

Woke at 8 today (bed at 11:10), feeling mostly fine until 2:30 - need a nap now!

Yesterday my temp was 98.1 in the morning - woohoo!! 135lb

Then I took a 47 degree bath - it felt FANTASTIC. I am totally not kidding.. I looked forward to getting in,, and getting further and further in. After half an hour, I started a very slight shiver. Temp was 98.1!!

I got out, and 3 minutes later, I was 94.9. Whoops. I was still not shivering bad, and shivered moderately for the next half hour or less.

An hour later, my temp was ... drumroll, please ... 98.6! I haven't seen that in decades!!
    Today - back to 132.25lb. Thigh still measuring nearly 1/4" up.

Just took a 57F bath bc the water wsa still in the tub and I felt like it. Half hour of no shivering at all. At the end (I threw some ice in), it was 52F. No shivering. Got out, feeling fine, slight shivering inlegs, ,but I haven't put my wool socks on yet.

Gonna go step on some bare wet ground first.

Last night, 4mo & 135.

This morning, 3mo & 132.75.

I had coconut cream each of the last two days, & curry. I have sausage with cayenne & trace sugar daily. None of these things seem to have a noticeable affect so long as I have my ox bile going

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    98.1 again yesterday morning!

36 degree breakfast in the sun both days. I lvoe that

I wasn't hungry yesterday even at 5pm, despite hunger getting earlier and earlier each day this week before that. I ate some steak & kidney (& heart) stew, and suddenly felt ridiculously overfull. Kept eating a bit to ensure I didn't regret not having enough, and felt a big filling up of my sides, a big roundedness in the middle I haven't had in a while. Looked about 4mo pg before going to bed last night. Had some slight cramps when I woke this morning after 8.5hrs, with some sleepiness.

Looked about 3mo this morning. 134.5. But thighs are measuring at their low again, as is calf & upper arm. Forearm & wrist are slightly up from normal. Weird.

The stew had round steak, pork kidney (very mild!), pork heart, water (that turned to broth b/c of some round bones in there), lots of cumin. I had a bunch of Cajun seasoning on top & cinnamon. The cajun did have sugar in it, but I imagined no more than what's in my morning sausage which isn't causing problems. Maybe I'm wrong.. Maybe it's a lot more than that.