Page 118 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1372

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok) page 118

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mamagrok I just watched the video and it was great! DH just happened to be in the room so he heard most of it, it piqued his interest. I hope he will consider eating more protein in the morning to help deal with his attachment to sweets. I just made him a batch of egg/chorizo muffins. Now to figure out how much protein is in each muffin.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    I was only able to see the first video all the way through and just a few minutes of the second. I thought the first was great, though. I didn't see anything that I would have wanted to change had I made it. Strong work, and I don't just mean on the video!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, you guys. I really appreciate the feedback!!

I just replaced the transcript I put up yesterday with the unabridged one that I had originally written, but found too long. I'm sticking the short one here.

The transcript to the video I just posted on YouTube about conquering binge eating disorder & sugar addiction with primal & the leptin reset:

Hi. I'm a 36 year old mother to five, and I go by Mamagrok on the Optimized Living forums @ Jackkruse.com. For over a decade of my life, I battled sugar cravings and found myself bingeing several times a day. Over time, I got it down to 2-3x/month by switching to a whole foods diet, having a full serving of protein with every meal, eliminating grains, & increasing natural fats. I had lost 40lb since switching to a paleo diet, but eventually the bingeing started undoing my success, and I gained 10 back. I was becoming debilitated by chronic fatigue, puffy all over, easily agitated, just physically miserable.

At my lowest point, when I seemed totally unable to overcome the cravings & the bingeing, despite my best efforts, I came across a thread about a Leptin Reset on a popular paleo forum. I had my doubts that doubling my morning protein would help any, but I gave it a shot.

The first day, I stopped wanting to snack, and have not had a snack in the 18 months since then, nor have I had any desire for one.

I knew something was different a few weeks later when I was at Trader Joe's and they announced a pie eating contest out front. Free all-natural pie. I didn't care. I tried to care. I looked for caring. There was nothing there! I walked right past them, feeling sorry for the sore stomachs they were soon to have, and left, astonished.

Now, was it that easy?

• I had bizarre detox, with bouts of zombie fatigue, debilitating brain fog, mood roller coasters, pimples, and other weird stuff, especially in the first few weeks and months.
    • I undid my success several times by having "just one bite," which, after a few weeks, turned into new binges. I started my reset all over again at least 5 times because of this.

Even while struggling with these things, the leptin reset, at its minimum protein level, had KILLED my snackiness dead, removed emotional attachment to food, and dramatically reduced my cravings. I eventually increased morning protein to 65g, and that was the death knell to the binges.

My last binge was the day before Halloween of 2011, and I started clean on the first day of the Overeating Season. I can count on one hand the number of episodes which might qualify as binges in the 14 months since.

Without irrational food cravings, I can finally eliminate the foods I don't tolerate well, like wheat, and am finally making headway on the chronic fatigue. The weight loss started up again, and I have lost 30lb since, for a total of 50 since going paleo 3 years ago! I haven't exercised, gone hungry, or counted a single calorie. I have only changed what, and when, I eat.

I encourage ANYone who finds himself plagued with sugar cravings, with binges, emotional attachment to food, inability to go 5-6 hours without eating or thinking often of food, or simply struggles with continually eating stuff you would prefer not to eat, to try the big protein breakfast. That one step makes the rest of the leptin reset principles easily doable. It makes all the "overeating" behavioral tips & tricks you've ever heard either finally successful, or irrelevant.

Try it for 30 days. There's nothing to lose, and the results may surprise you.

If you're interested in following my story, you can find me on the Optimized Living forums and click on the link to my journal in my signature, where I've been posting my trials & successes nearly every day for the last three years. Thank you to Dr. Kruse for helping me win the battle against sugar cravings & binge eating disorder, and the chance possibly to help others who are where I once was.

--
    Nothing is more destined to create deep-seated anxieties in people than the false assumption
    that life should be free from anxieties.--Fulton J. Sheen
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

phigment is online now Senior Member
    watched the second one first. it was very inspirational. thanls for posting.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    MG - they are both very good!! I enjoyed them. If I had to pick, I liked the first one better, but either would be awesome. Very inspiring.

135. Still swelling from that BBQ sauce. Thigh is up 1/4" still.
    BBT - 97.6 (CD7)
    2 months binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein, w/i 30m of rising: yes.60m
    - 5+ hrs between B/L & L/D: <8hrs between B/D, dinner from 5 to 7 b/c I kept needing more food and taking a while to find it
    - finished dinner by 7:30, 3.5hrs between dinner & bed: yes.3+
    - no snacking, <50g carb/day, 100% epi-paleo:yes.yes.yes
    - morning temp & sun; dark house @ sunset:yes, 34F.@9
    - no PUFA's other than fish:yes

Morning
    D5K, Bcmplx50: 16k.yes
    HCl, DigEnz, Bitters, OxBile: 1AM.no.out.2AM
    CO, Probx: no.yes
    Feverfew, Curcumin, Thyroid: yes.yes.6.5grains TG + NT
    Organs, broth, ferments, seafood: yes.yes.no.yes

Midday
    15m sun, Cold: yes.20m@34F outside, 30m@52Fbath(followed by 10m@100F - kept bad shivering to the time between bath & bed, which was 3 minutes)
    Se200, Seaweed: yes.no
    Green tea, VitC, ACV: 2C+.no.
    Glutathione, Zinc: no.no
    Mg, Liver support: 1AM,1PM.(can't remember what the latter meant)

Suspect foods (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh): trace sugar & pepper in ssg.

B - soup of beef broth, salmon, raw liver, sausage. pork chop.
    L -
    D - pork chop, ssg, ribeye

Results
    - Energy: 6. Mood: 6
    - Bloating: 3m AM. 4.5PM.
    - Skin: almost smooth. no pitting. Pink nose. Less dark circles.
    - Sleep: 10:50-7:50 solid. Sleeping hard when alarm went off, but woke right up and felt pretty decent. 1gr TG 1.8hr before wakeup.

Thyroid still feels hard. I actually think it's becoming prominent right on the front of my windpipe. Not good, but I'm not sure why this is happening.

Bloat culprits: BBQ sauce (could have had corn syrup in it?), fermented chow chow. Interesting that while two weeks ago, one slip-up was erased by morning, this one is still here 24hrs later. Is it corn syrup? Am I really that reactive to corn? I should really know the answer to this by now, given the last time my gut was totally flat was Sept 2011 & I blew it with corn chips.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-08-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Anyone know how to calculate Pg:E2 ratio with disparate units?

135. Still swelling from that BBQ sauce. Thigh is up 1/4" still. 60hrs later. !!
    BBT - 97.6? (CD8,br-spot despite no bl since CD2 or 3. CT induced?)
    2 months binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein, w/i 30m of rising: yes.90m
    - 5+ hrs between B/L & L/D: 6.5hrs between B/D
    - finished dinner by 7:30, 3.5hrs between dinner & bed: by 5!.5.5 musta been just a bit under on the protein in AM
    - no snacking, <50g carb/day, 100% epi-paleo:yes.yes.yes
    - morning temp & sun; dark house @ sunset:no(couldn't face overcast+cold, feel chill & a little shaky this morning. will lower NDT a bit today).no
    - no PUFA's other than fish:yes

Morning
    D5K, Bcmplx50: 16k.no
    HCl, DigEnz, Bitters, OxBile: 1AM.no.out.2AM
    CO, Probx: no.yes
    Feverfew, Curcumin, Thyroid: yes.yes.6grains TG + NT
    Organs, broth, ferments, seafood: yes.yes.yes(SKJ).yes

Midday
    15m sun, Cold: no.spot ice belly
    Se200, Seaweed: yes.no
    Green tea, VitC, ACV: 2C+.no.yes
    Glutathione, Zinc: no.no
    Mg, Liver support: 1AM,.(can't remember what the latter meant)

Suspect foods (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh): trace sugar & pepper in ssg.

B - soup of beef broth, sablefish, raw liver, sausage. pork chop, bacon grease.
    L -
    D - leftover pork chops, ribeye

Results
    - Energy: 5. Mood: 6
    - Bloating: <3m AM. 4m?
    - Skin: almost smooth. no pitting. pinker nose. Less dark circles.
    - Sleep: 10:50-7:50 solid. Sleeping hard when alarm went off, but woke right up and felt pretty decent, albeit slight headache. 1gr TG 1.5hr before wakeup. Sleepy at 8:30pm.

Thyroid still feels hard& slightly prominent on front.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-09-2013 at 12:07 PM.

I've had a chill all day and wondered if something was going wrong with me ... and I just realized dh turned the thermostat down two degrees to help the whole family get cold adapted. LOL. At least it's not just me going nuts!

Dying laughing here. Dr. Kruse just put my video on the front page of his website and I clicked through to it on YouTube and saw they now have a "transcript" feature. Am I really hard to understand? B/c I checked a few other videos and their transcripts were pretty spot on, but this is what mine came up with:

I heard residual ninety five and I I’m on rock are not a nice looking for his attackers dot com
    Uh… for over a lifetime animals
    Servings
    And found myself that might be missing several times a day
    Uh…retiring I down two to three times a month by switching to hold his hand
    Handfuls and Christine with premium
    Eliminating grains increasing process onto last week and since this incident that initially the dating site into my success and I think you have that
    He was not fun
    I was becoming the ability to pecan sticky
    puffy all over
    uh... usually agitated injustices miserable and i was gonna scenes
    totally unable to overcome cravings engaging despite our best efforts uh...
    i came across a threat about eleven reset unpopular pierpont and
    ironed out as the deadline or encouraging but not a bad idea to shine
    and the first day
    the very first day
    sa point is next
    his amazing had not had a sexual eighteen months in prison
    your indecipherable (Apparently!)
    as i was very interested here is where i wasn't really does and a nonstop
    partying hard hats are friends
    humphrey our national park and didn't care and try to care analyst for caring and there's nothing there
    our right after that felt sorry for the people who were about how the store source tonics
    hamas who sits on his plate just happens
    now was always eat i had desired he talks with thousands zombie like fifty
    i had developing rethought and roller coasters and cuddles and already reassess this universally simmons of this
    i added my success in the times i hanged
    just went by it
    which every few weeks strategy images
    and there's a reason they were all over again is five times because this
    and you are sending these things
    the leptin recent as members of the whole
    takes a lot less happiness completely dead
    intrude emotional attachment to food which israel itself enjoy many of these things
    i do think recycling thirteen sixty programs and that was actually doesn't help the dances
    style aspin's was delayed for halloween in two thousand one
    and i think lean on the first day of your eating seasons
    i can count on one hand than ever as this was my husband is in fourteen months since
    as today's headlines in two days
    the direction of the grading second file in a student of honeywell let me
    and finally making headway on quantity
    though it all started up again i've lost a town since for a total of fifty since
    thanksgiving is sixty three not since nineteen eighty two
    thirty years ago antisense gone hungry recounted a single calorie
    analyze changed white and wendy
    online crazy anyone to find something to share
    greetings the bitches emotionally attached to this day
    the inability to five six hours studying this seeking food
    person the struggles that continues that you know is that he's doing it
    trendiness never once said his full address that allegedly said
    principles easily level in a solo
    overeating the hero citizenship so you never heard of in france
    it's a slow aren't really relevant
    district attorneys
    there's nothing to lose and the results may surprise you
    if you're interested in found my story um... defining an optimized informs at monogram on rock
    and could only international messenger
    and you'll find where there were imposed human trials of success is the last thirty years almost everyday
    uh... confirming thank you to talk to cruise who helped me win the battle against surveys
    finally
    and helps me overcome binge eating disorder
    and had a chance possibly homeowners
    who are are muslims

Oh my, I"m dying. It's like DYAC, I can't breathe. Gotta help those muslim homeowners! What will he do without a sexual 18 months in prison!

At least it got "leptin" right.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-09-2013 at 06:10 AM.